Tegz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm totally loving every bit of it. Have fun and stay safe out there! Take more cool pics. ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ
Sponsored

OP
OP
RogueCheddar

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello, how do you find the fit and finish of your Prolite ?Thanks
pretty good overall, some cheaper woodwork in it for sure but seems like they paid attention to good quality windows, seals and appliances

Okpete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2018/ maverick lariat
Thank you. Construction appear to be screwed and glued or a lot of staples ? Thanks again

Okpete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2018/ maverick lariat
Seem to joint seams that are not flush. Do drawers stay closed. Water tight. Generally good building practices screwed instead of staples. Limited use of particle board. Thanks so much for your help.

Shane_T29

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT w/ Lux Pkg & Tow Pkg
Great to see it towing well.

We bought a 19ft R-Vision Trail Lite last week and are taking it out this weekend for its maiden voyage. Weight of the trailer is 2500lbs dry, likely close to 3000lb once we get the water tank filled and everything else loaded up. It only squatted the truck about an inch when empty.
Ford Maverick Our Little Travel Trailer (Prolite Escapade) w/ Towing MPG Results IMG_20220613_204550_422

Seemed to tow fine on the 1/2 hour drive home after picking it up. I am going to try a load distributing hitch receiver on it though just in case it starts to shimmy a bit

We will see how it goes!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
caution: Weight distribution hitches are not recommended for UniBody vehicles. A quick search will provide plenty of details on why.

Shane_T29

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT w/ Lux Pkg & Tow Pkg
caution: Weight distribution hitches are not recommended for UniBody vehicles. A quick search will provide plenty of details on why.
Thanks for the heads up, I honestly did not realize that. I'll stick to pulling it with a normal receiver. I got an older distribution hitch from a family member, but i wont use it now based on what i read.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please consult the owners manual. Many Ford unibody vehicles (ex: Explorer, and Flex) require a weight distribution hitch to achieve the tow rating. Also remember 90% of vans are unibody and most people use weight distribution hitches with them as well

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Weight distribution hitch: good for 7500 lb. Trucks pulling 19,000 lb. Trailers.

I don't think they are warranted here.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Weight distribution hitch: good for 7500 lb. Trucks pulling 19,000 lb. Trailers.

I don't think they are warranted here.
Don't at all agree with this. It's more about percentage of trailer weight to vehicle weight than random vehicle and trailer weight numbers.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't at all agree with this. It's more about percentage of trailer weight to vehicle weight than random vehicle and trailer weight numbers.
It's about when you have a trailer much, much heavier than the tow vehicle and you have tremendous tongue weight...

Which is why it does not apply here.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's about when you have a trailer much, much heavier than the tow vehicle and you have tremendous tongue weight...

Which is why it does not apply here.
Sorry, you're incorrect. It's not just for trailers that weigh more than a vehicle. It's generally for trailers that weight a certain percentage of the vehicle's weight or more.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, you're incorrect. It's not just for trailers that weigh more than a vehicle. It's generally for trailers that weight a certain percentage of the vehicle's weight or more.
The main benefit I find with the weight distribution hitches, is breaking. When you get into a situation with a trailer that requires hard breaking. The leverage of the trailer pushed the rear of the vehicle down and therefore the front up. The front of the vehicle typically has about 70%. With a weight distribution hitch the force is applied ofer the entirety of the chassis front and rear.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The main benefit I find with the weight distribution hitches, is breaking. When you get into a situation with a trailer that requires hard breaking. The leverage of the trailer pushed the rear of the vehicle down and therefore the front up. The front of the vehicle typically has about 70%. With a weight distribution hitch the force is applied ofer the entirety of the chassis front and rear.
Agreed, I don't think that individual understands how a weight distribution hitch works and you can never be too safe on the road especially when towing.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please consult the owners manual. Many Ford unibody vehicles (ex: Explorer, and Flex) require a weight distribution hitch to achieve the tow rating. Also remember 90% of vans are unibody and most people use weight distribution hitches with them as well
My manual doesn't specify any type of hitch. I did a bunch of research on towing safety, hitch types, etc. expecting to confirm I should use the weight distribution hitch I had purchased expecting to use on my Maverick. Instead I learned they are not good for unibody because of twisting /rotational forces weakening points where rails are attached to the tub of the unibody. Pictures were provided showing extent of damage possible. I decided not to use weight distribution on my Maverick, but each individual needs to make their own decision on this.
Sponsored