Stevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Rondo, Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everybody

After reading some of the other threads, seems a lot of the experiences come from Ontario and I was hoping to get a little more feedback from those in the Vancouver area.

I ordered an XL hybrid with no extra features at the end of October 2022 and I haven't had a lot of info from my salesman (Robin at Brown bros ford, Vancouver). I was told interest rate would be locked in.
Exchanged a few emails over the months and went to ford chat, nothing new.

I called mid July to inquire about the roller over. Salesman has no new info and said there's absolutely nothing I needed to do, that there would most likely be a rollover for me but that he would reach out to put the new order in, and that I would be price protected for a 24 Mav, the only extra would be if some of the features I didn't add get included in the base price, that I would pay a little extra for them. Since July no news...
Is my salesman missing something?

For those who have ordered in the Vancouver area, How long was your wait time? How was your customer experience?

Thanks!

Stevan
Sponsored

Maguffin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid, PHEV Escape, Fit and Legend
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

GVRD here. Ordered XLT hybrid September ‘22 and delivery august ‘23. Salesman updated as needed and no dealer markup. Ford chat rep will congratulate you on purchase and offer no new details. Seems to be you’re at the mercy of your dealer and sales rep.
Good luck and hope you get one. Taking mine on 1800km road trip this weekend and have enjoyed it so far.

Canuck23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 Mustang, 2021 Lexus ES350 Fsport,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XLT Hybrid with Premium package in July 22 2022 and got it exactly to the day one year later. Keywest Ford not much information was available and was not even sure of the real price till I had my final sit down with them. So far I like the truck will see how it plays out. Good luck with your purchase.

Vicman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi RVR GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered from Ocean Park Ford White Rock Sept. 7, 2022. XLT Hybrid Lux. They told me at the time of ordering late spring. I checked in every few months and made one change in March. Messaged them at end of May asking if there was a VIN and they replied yes and told me when build date was, June 19. It was built on the 21st and I received it July 24. You have to check in with the dealer, it's not like the states where you get an email. Once I had the VIN I checked online to confirm the build date and it was there. I then checked every week after built and it said shipped a week after built. I then waited a bit and checked July 21st and it said arrived. I then checked dealer website instead of calling, and my truck and 7 others were there. They called me the following Monday to pick it up. In and out in 30 minutes. 1360 km later and I love it. You won't be getting 900kms a tank unless it's highway. Lower mainland to hilly. I am only half way thru my 2nd tank and I am averaging 840 km. Good luck.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cannot speak to the current experience for 23's, but I ordered from a lower mainland dealer in early November 2021, built in May 2022, shipped mid-June 2022. Arrived at the dealer around the middle of July. Just over 9 months wait time. Dealership was good, but sold to a national auto chain after my purchase, now the dealer is bad. XL trim can have long waits, since they don't build as many of them as XLT and Lariat.

I got a few 1000km tanks just driving around the city, without any freeway driving. Range is worse with freeway driving, in my experience (just over one 1 year owning the truck). If you do a lot of driving under 80 km/h, you'll do very well. Got just shy of 15,000km on it now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevan31

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks everyone for your replies! That’s helpful to get an idea of the timeline.

Any experience regarding 23 to 24 rollover?

DannyUncanny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered an XL Hybrid from Brown Bros Vancouver in March 2023. I checked in for updates around August and a few days later got a call that there was an XL available same colour.

I think the MSRP was $3450 incl trifold tonneau and destination fee. On top of that I had another $6k for documentation fee, finance fee, lien fee etc etc and sales tax. So the 30k cheap truck quickly turned into a 40k truck out the door.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevan31

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow 6k is steep!

Was is just a canceled order then not a used vehicle?
What interest rate did you get?

I'm seriously considering giving up on this

DannyUncanny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah new vehicle, like 50km on the odo. 12% sales tax was the biggest chunk of that 6k. Interest was 8% over 5 years (shortest loan they offered)

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered from Ocean Park Ford White Rock Sept. 7, 2022. XLT Hybrid Lux. They told me at the time of ordering late spring. I checked in every few months and made one change in March. Messaged them at end of May asking if there was a VIN and they replied yes and told me when build date was, June 19. It was built on the 21st and I received it July 24. You have to check in with the dealer, it's not like the states where you get an email. Once I had the VIN I checked online to confirm the build date and it was there. I then checked every week after built and it said shipped a week after built. I then waited a bit and checked July 21st and it said arrived. I then checked dealer website instead of calling, and my truck and 7 others were there. They called me the following Monday to pick it up. In and out in 30 minutes. 1360 km later and I love it. You won't be getting 900kms a tank unless it's highway. Lower mainland to hilly. I am only half way thru my 2nd tank and I am averaging 840 km. Good luck.
I ordered My23 from Ocean in March of 23 and did the rollover to 24 when they opened the window. I hope that means mine can’t be too far off now - maybe a few more months, but hopefully less!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stevan31

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered My23 from Ocean in March of 23 and did the rollover to 24 when they opened the window. I hope that means mine can’t be too far off now - maybe a few more months, but hopefully less!
How did you go about doing the rollover? Did they call you or did you have to call and cancel them put a new order in?

I also thought there wasn't really a "window" for Canada... that we get a fixed allocation...

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After I heard the US had opened up My24 ordering I reached out to my sales person. He replied with the fact that ordering the 24’s was not available yet in Canada. I told him I wanted to order a 24 as close to the 23 order as possible given any changes to the options. About a week later he sent me a copy of the order preview. The My24 has the same order code and sales code as My23. I confirmed with him that I did not have to go in to sign anything and that the order was approved by FORD and resumed waiting. My use of the term window was more about the opening up of My24 orders and ceasing My23 orders.

ryan2366

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered my 2022 XLT Hybrid December 10th 2021. In production September 14 2022 took, arrived in Canada October 6th the day Lariat model came available in Canada and I placed my new order. I took ownership October 26th 2022.

I ordered my 2023 Lariat Hybrid October 6th 2022. In production July 21 2023. In transport August 29 2023. Arrived in Canada September 8th 2023. Sold my XLT privately on October 3rd 2023. Took ownership yesterday October 5th 2023.

OP
OP

Stevan31

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my 2022 XLT Hybrid December 10th 2021. In production September 14 2022 took, arrived in Canada October 6th the day Lariat model came available in Canada and I placed my new order. I took ownership October 26th 2022.

I ordered my 2023 Lariat Hybrid October 6th 2022. In production July 21 2023. In transport August 29 2023. Arrived in Canada September 8th 2023. Sold my XLT privately on October 3rd 2023. Took ownership yesterday October 5th 2023.
Crazy! Ordered mine just about 2 weeks after you and still haven't heard a thing....

You guys know what's up with the ford Canada chat? Doesn't seem to work...

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 xlt hybrid on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Chat is up again now. Wasn’t working for a bit… do they ever provide any info? I get same canned message every time. Tried asking lots of questions with many different reps. They never provide any info.
Sponsored