Sponsored

Ordering a 2023 Hybrid Mav in Florida for Delivery to Texas.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to help my daughter get a new vehicle. I've gone full circle. Started out wanting a Mav Hybrid. Couldn't find one. Figured maybe wait for an EV. We need something sooner rather than later and Mav Hybrid checks the boxes. We're in Florida. She's a recent college grad moving to Austin, TX. I'm figuring it will need to be deliverable to TX. I'm hoping we can get the $500 College Grad incentive.

Which is the best dealer to go with for this situation? What should I expect with the price? Based on what I've read I think I'm at best gonna get 3% under MSRP if that, and probably more like MSRP with no dealer fees. Is Granger probably my best choice? I've got Sam's and Costco memberships, but their auto buying services have been kind of a pain to deal with the last couple of times I've tried.

Thanks for all input!
Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Moyer Ford in Foley, Alabama (just west of Pensacola, Fla. and within 20 miles of I-10) has been taking orders and selling at MSRP. Alaina is the internet sales rep and you should be able to place an order and fill out the paperwork via phone and email.

Am unsure if they could have it drop shipped to Austin for you, but the worst case is she could fly into Pensacola or Mobile and drive it back to Texas.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in the Austin area but so-far have found zero dealers that will do anything other than MSRP. I originally had a dealer 200 miles away that gave me "$500 under MSRP" for my MY22 order. Unfortunately, they have decided that they are NOT going to renew that offer for a MY23. Because of that, I have physically gone to dealerships in the Austin area asking "will you match $500 under MSRP on an October 2021 re-order" and they pretty much just laugh at me :-/ Since there is such a long list, dealers no longer need to compete for customers. In the long-run this will probably hurt them but the sales-person that will probably only be at that dealership for 6 months could care less about the "long-run".

I looked at going with the "under MSRP" dealers on here, but in my case (since I just want an XL hybrid) the total cost (shipping plus local CD fee) ends up being equal or more than just paying MSRP locally.

In the end, you are probably better off just ordering where-ever your daughter plans to make her redidence. If it is in Texas, likely easier for her to just order here (since she will have to pay Texas taxes on the vehicle anyway).
Sponsored