First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't reserve in Canada yet as our dealers are troglodytes.
Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Still no call-back for me in the SLC area. I wonder if I can submit a reservation to several dealers in my area and hit them up with the ol' "X number of dealers were sent a reservation for me, so give me your best price." I don't necessarily want to sit on a single reservation with what may be an unmotivated dealer.

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Still no call-back for me in the SLC area. I wonder if I can submit a reservation to several dealers in my area and hit them up with the ol' "X number of dealers were sent a reservation for me, so give me your best price." I don't necessarily want to sit on a single reservation with what may be an unmotivated dealer.

I went ahead and made a reservation at the two nearest dealerships to me. One called me back, but the nice lady on the phone did not seem to familiar with the Maverick or the next steps in terms of pre-order. I think I will just see which dealer has better communications over the next few weeks.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
don't over think it :p A vehicle this new (and probably popular) is probably not going to get discounted much from MSRP in most areas, and they probably won't play the dealer shopping game with you. Visited my local dealer today after making reservation and mentioned guys on here talking 3% off invoice on here. He doesn't think it will work out that way in the end and mentioned mark up being common on Bronco Sport as comparison. I caught a glimpse of a screen showing holdbacks and such and the margin is tiny on these- especially lower end without options.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just a head's up on reservations: I reserved mine early this morning and got a confirmation email (no conf #) from Ford fullfillment about 5 minutes later saying my reservation was received and my local dealer would call me shortly. There's 1 particular sales person I am loyal to over there so went and had a visit. Turns out my reservation showed it was for Transit Connect! We didn't need to correct it, but it looked like a SW glitch, so maybe more people had a similar mix up and might want to confirm if dealer not close by.

Oh yeah, and as of 10;00 AM Mountain Time- the Order Book was open for placing actual orders!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I reserved. Dealer already called me asking for my reservation number. I didn't see a reservation number on screen nor have I received one from Ford via email, just a fulfillment confirmation email. Did I overlook?
nah, you're good if dealer already called you. How do you think they knew to do that? I didn't get conf # either but saw my name in local dealer system with my own 2 eyes...

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reserved a Maverick from the Ford website. Received an automated confirmation "<Dealer name> has received your 2022 Ford Maverick reservation" followed a minute later by an automated reply from the dealer. No reservation number is listed in either email.

I had called the Internet Sales Manager at the dealer before making my reservation. I asked her if I could use Ford X-plan pricing. She did not know but promised to get back to me. When she emailed later she said unfortunately they're not offering any partner pricing.

When we spoke on the phone she said that when they convert my reservation to an order there will be a $1,000 non-refundable deposit. In her email she apologized and said it's actually a $2,000 deposit. I haven't responded to ask if my reservation is of any value until it becomes a firm order. Does anyone know the answer to that question?

I'll watch this forum to see what experiences others have. I can understand making some kind of deposit in ordinary circumstances, but a large non-refundable deposit with no guarantee of a delivery date would be problematic, given that Ford has had Bronco / Bronco Sport customers wait for exceedingly long times.

Ubermensch

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Yep, first edition, just wish the interior was not that brown color but a black or blue would of been better. My local dealer said they can not order the Maverick through WBDO yet.

1630 Pacific time: Update my dealer just sent over my WBDO order so he was able to put it in for me now with no deposit required. Eric at Kearney Mesa Ford in So. Cal took care of me.

Last edited:

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reserved, but have not heard from the dealer! Alto Blue Lariat FX4.
I hope they open X pricing, or I might wait until they do. I'm not necessarily interested in paying full price :LOL:

Edit: I have officially ordered my Alto Blue Maverick XLT Lux FX4 w/ 4K tow package!

Last edited:
Sponsored

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
just a head's up on reservations: I reserved mine early this morning and got a confirmation email (no conf #) from Ford fullfillment about 5 minutes later saying my reservation was received and my local dealer would call me shortly. There's 1 particular sales person I am loyal to over there so went and had a visit. Turns out my reservation showed it was for Transit Connect! We didn't need to correct it, but it looked like a SW glitch, so maybe more people had a similar mix up and might want to confirm if dealer not close by.

Oh yeah, and as of 10;00 AM Mountain Time- the Order Book was open for placing actual orders!
I had the same thing happen. Sales person said my reservation was for a transit connect. Its all worked out now though.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (Soon)
Reserved one for my wife. Was late in the day, but my dealership has already contacted me about it. :D