Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read or heard(a LOOONG time ago)red vehicles are(were)in way more accidents than any other color. I don't know if that's true(I've been in 5 auto accidents, never owned a red vehicle, but was hit by 5(yes FIVE)teen-aged girls)when I was delivering mail. I definitely would not buy a red one(lol)!!!!
I had always heard it was Silver- but haven't followed that up for a long time.

Shybzrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2019 Corolla, driving 2002 Dakota in meantime
I have a 2012 f150 fx4 in white and really love the white on it but seeing more pics of the Maverick it white I might be regretting it and want something different I hope I can change my order, what color should I go with
Change your order ASAP! Orders are about to start being finalized in the next week and some already have. If you have and like your white F-150 I'd probably go with another light color like Cactus Gray. A lot more fun of a color too and is pretty dynamic

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had 2 red vehicles, one was totalled by a rear end in traffic, the other was backed into while i was stopped and caused 5k in damage on the front end. Love the color, won't do it again.
hmmm, there may be something to this... I had a Red 1975 Chevy LUV truck and was in stop and go traffic leaving a stadium concert. Had just started to go again and some guy blew by me and then squeezed into the tiny space between me and the guy in front of me- with NO brake lights working. He jammed his brakes on because traffic stopped again and I was into the back of him before I could even react.

Another time I had a Red 1987 Ford Ranger I bought new and was my 1st brand new vehicle. They sold them without rear bumpers (or radios) back then. Fortunately I had put a step bumper on there myself, but had been stopped at a Red traffic signal and just started to go as it turned green when this jerk flys up behind me and never even touched his brakes. :devilish: There went my new bumper and started a string of whiplash injuries that still affect me to this day. Fortunately I really like Oxford White and chose that color for my Mav.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

hmmm, there may be something to this... I had a Red 1975 Chevy LUV truck and was in stop and go traffic leaving a stadium concert. Had just started to go again and some guy blew by me and then squeezed into the tiny space between me and the guy in front of me- with NO brake lights working. He jammed his brakes on because traffic stopped again and I was into the back of him before I could even react.

Another time I had a Red 1987 Ford Ranger I bought new and was my 1st brand new vehicle. They sold them without rear bumpers (or radios) back then. Fortunately I had put a step bumper on there myself, but had been stopped at a Red traffic signal and just started to go as it turned green when this jerk flys up behind me and never even touched his brakes. :devilish: There went my new bumper and started a string of whiplash injuries that still affect me to this day. Fortunately I really like Oxford White and chose that color for my Mav.

Ouch sorry. I went with Cactus Gray. Red cars are very pretty, but I think I've reached my lifetime limit lol.

Sponsored

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm positive uncertain what you meant to say here
While is more noticeable,darker colors seem to blend in and people will cut you off.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Go with the White Privilege Maverick, I did!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
If they offered a good yellow, I would change my order immediately.
TOTALLY AGREE. I had a Super Bee and a Yellow Special Edition Subaru XV Crosstrek, and I wrapped a white Subaru in Yellow. So I too vote for YELLOW.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I wouldn't worry about it. If you like white, it's all good.
Personally, I would never own any vehicle in white. Maybe if it was some total beater, that I didn't want anyone to notice 😃 Just saying, when I walk out to a parking lot, and start to look for my car, the last thing I'd want, would be to look out into a sea of white, silver, and charcoal vehicles, trying to find my car.
I think a couple of the colors for the Maverick are okay... And a little different. But I'd really prefer something louder, that one almost never sees. Say, chartreuse with blue pearl. Or color shifting orange to black.... Chameleon shift over gray pearl... etc. I'm not trying to blend in.

Sponsored

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We ordered Oxford White for our Maverick. There is at least one article online saying white vehicles are 12 percent less likely to be in a crash. My son liked the color the best after seeing the pictures of the Maverick in white. I wanted black but he is paying for it so white it is.
I have a hypothesis that this may due to the a large number of white vehicles being driven for a job that requires additional training.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I ordered ours in Oxford white as well. While I do wish there were more pics available of it caught out in the wild IMO you just can't go wrong with a white truck. White hides dirt and grime like a mofo to so that's another plus.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered ours in Oxford white as well. While I do wish there were more pics available of it caught out in the wild IMO you just can't go wrong with a white truck. White hides dirt and grime like a mofo to so that's another plus.
I agree 100%. You can also add mods to customize the look and really personalize it so that it doesn’t just look like a work truck. When white is cleaned and shined up with dark mods it down right sexy. 😜 I have had bright colored vehicles, looking at them everyday gets old quickly.

The Speaker Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 A51 Lariat Lux CP360 SIBL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered Oxford White, but if they had a pearl white I would have got that. There's no denying that white is cooler when parked in the sun.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Not surprised so many of you like white vehicles. That's why you see so darn many white vehicles on the road, and also why they bore me to death 😃 lol
But it also makes it easy to stand out with something cool and different !
I keep talking about it, but one of these days I'm just going to have to get a dip job, or a wrap, with something crazy and eye popping 😉
Sponsored