Sponsored

Ordered but not sold Mavericks. What happens to them?

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
What happens to Mavericks that are ordered but not purchased by the person that ordered them? Is there a penalty to the dealer for selling them to another person?
Sponsored

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What happens to Mavericks that are ordered but not purchased by the person that ordered them? Is there a penalty to the dealer for selling them to another person?
I was told they'd just jack the price $3000 and put it on their lot for sale! This was a dealership in Panama City that told me this. Makes sense if there is such a demand and someone doesn't want to wait for their order to arrive. There are always people with more money than brains... I recently read an article where someone who got one of the first Broncos put it up for sale on eBay for $150K! I have no idea if he got it or not, but wouldn't be surprised if he did!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp37130283/2021-ford-bronco-first-edition-ebay/

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No big deal - they will gladly refund your deposit (if you made a deposit). They will just put it on the lot and sell it for more! It already counted against their monthly allocation.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

THe MAverick gets destroyed

OP
OP

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
So why aren't dealers having everyone they know order trucks so they can have more stock on the lot?

Sponsored

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told they'd just jack the price $3000 and put it on their lot for sale! This was a dealership in Panama City that told me this. Makes sense if there is such a demand and someone doesn't want to wait for their order to arrive. There are always people with more money than brains... I recently read an article where someone who got one of the first Broncos put it up for sale on eBay for $150K! I have no idea if he got it or not, but wouldn't be surprised if he did!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp37130283/2021-ford-bronco-first-edition-ebay/
Check out Bronco6g. That guy has a thread of “my dealer won’t sell my my Bronco”. Basically he put it for sale before he bought it. Dealer found out and won’t sell it to him. (He only got an offer for $90k, not $150k). To comment on this go to bronco 6g and read the comments first. Just a hint to everyone, never list something on eBay that you don’t own yet!

OP
OP

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Check out Bronco6g. That guy has a thread of “my dealer won’t sell my my Bronco”. Basically he put it for sale before he bought it. Dealer found out and won’t sell it to him. (He only got an offer for $90k, not $150k). To comment on this go to bronco 6g and read the comments first. Just a hint to everyone, never list something on eBay that you don’t own yet!
I'm thinking that some of these reservation orders might be the relatives of people at the dealers. How great would it be to have in stock hybrids you could sell?

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I am not buying that story. The dealer could easily be sued. There is no contractual agreement for you not to sell a vehicle you have an agreement with a dealer to purchase.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So why aren't dealers having everyone they know order trucks so they can have more stock on the lot?
FOrs does not allow this, this is why when you ordered your truck you gave them a copy of your DL.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FOrs does not allow this, this is why when you ordered your truck you gave them a copy of your DL.
I doubt that would stop dealership employees from calling friends/family and having them order Mavericks (using their info/DL) without any intent to buy them. That wouldn't be the shadiest thing a car dealership has done by a long shot.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I doubt that would stop dealership employees from calling friends/family and having them order Mavericks (using their info/DL) without any intent to buy them. That wouldn't be the shadiest thing a car dealership has done by a long shot.
I agree I'm sure Ford will watch what happens if a dealer has 150 "orders" and 75 ends up being sold to someone else other than the person who ordered it, Ford wouldn't be happy and come down on the dealer.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AS a matter of fact I ordered a Ford in my name and sold it to my daughter for $1 as a surprise. When it came in I told her I needed her to drive my new car back home. When we got to the dealer I showed it to her, she was so jealous. We went in and started the paperwork, I told the dealer what I was up to and put it in her name. Right before the signing, I asked her for $1. The dealer asked her to sign. She asked, Why do I have to sign? That when I told her, Because you just bought the car for $1. The look on fer face.....priceless!!!

NO issues no problems.
Sponsored