Sponsored

Ordered 23 Rec'd Ford email but Ford not able to find order in system - is that normal?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Ordered (2) Mav's on 9/16 (1 hybrid and EB). Dealer put in the order the same day and we received both confirmation emails from Ford within minutes. A few days later the dealer sent me a COVP for each vehicle with tracking #'s. The COVP says something about the order is being reviewed and a confirmation status will be sent via e-mail within 72 hours. For giggles I called Ford today to check on the status of the order and the lady asked me for the sales code and order code but said she can't find anything. She told me to check with my dealer. I called my dealer and he said it's most likely due to Ford backlog of orders but this has me a little worried.

I see all these other posts about calling Ford and them saying their order is Unscheduled clean so I was hoping that would be my case. Should I be worried that they can't find the order or are other's seeing this as well. Hopefully it is do to a backlog of orders and will show up in Ford's system soon. I did get a confirmation email so that means they did receive my order. My dealer didn't say how many new orders they placed but he did say they had about 90 MY22 rollovers and both my orders are priority #15 so that's probably not a good sign either?
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first time I ever called Ford was about five months after I ordered in '21. My experience is that the CS line really knows nothing of value ;)

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

the lady asked me for the sales code and order code but said she can't find anything. She told me to check with my dealer.
This happened to me as well. Turns out the order code had changed between the original order summary sheet they gave me the day I ordered, and the order summary sheet they printed for me when I went back. Ford CS was able to find the order with the updated information.

I don't know for sure why the order code changed (and I didn't think to ask the dealer at the time), but my guess based on various comments on this forum is that the dealer assigns a temporary order code when they put it in the system, and they get back another order code from Ford that replaces the temp code. This might be incorrect so don't take it as fact.

Worth a trip or call to your dealer to get an updated order summary sheet to see if that is the case with you as well.
Sponsored