A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me hot pepper red is closer to what cyber orange should be. And cyber orange looks like school bus yellow.
Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ford ranger was Hot Pepper Red in 2019. You could maybe track down a used one and look at it or find a 2022 ranger on the lot and check it out. Cyber was my second choice as its pretty with the all the metal flake. Just not a great name.
thumbnail_20210714_131936.jpg

20211019_171534.jpg
YES EXACTLY!!!

OP
OP

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep!

I'm going from an Orange Subaru Crosstrek to a Ford Maverick... Orange has kinda become "my thing" over the years - orange TicTacs, orange Kickstart (energy drink), orange pens, orange shirts..

Unfortunately the 'Cyber Orange' is... indeed... school bus yellow. I haven't seen one in person (except for a Ford Ranger that had CO I think), but enough of the pictures have that yellowish tint that I decided to go for Hot Pepper Red. Still a bold color.

I briefly considered Carbonized Gray for a little more "low profile" but... meh.

Current vehicle:

crosstrek2015.JPG
I see someone else gets it. LOL! I briefly thought of a blue one, but been there done that.
Yep!

I'm going from an Orange Subaru Crosstrek to a Ford Maverick... Orange has kinda become "my thing" over the years - orange TicTacs, orange Kickstart (energy drink), orange pens, orange shirts..

Unfortunately the 'Cyber Orange' is... indeed... school bus yellow. I haven't seen one in person (except for a Ford Ranger that had CO I think), but enough of the pictures have that yellowish tint that I decided to go for Hot Pepper Red. Still a bold color.

I briefly considered Carbonized Gray for a little more "low profile" but... meh.

Current vehicle:

crosstrek2015.JPG
Yes, exactly! I started to go with blue, been there done that though.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We got our hot pepper red Maverick hybrid TODAY!

Here are a few photos that show its orange highlights, plus one that shows its red.

As an artist, I'd call it Vermillion.

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red CB90CD7A-03B1-4F32-A7EB-EC59CE1CBF44_1_201_a

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red 5EEFD3D9-1EBC-428B-B4FC-769A7031AB33_1_201_a

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red Maverick ~ 1 hour old

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We got our hot pepper red Maverick hybrid TODAY!

Here are a few photos that show its orange highlights, plus one that shows its red.

As an artist, I'd call it Vermillion.

CB90CD7A-03B1-4F32-A7EB-EC59CE1CBF44_1_201_a.jpeg

5EEFD3D9-1EBC-428B-B4FC-769A7031AB33_1_201_a.jpeg

Maverick ~ 1 hour old.jpeg
Thank you!!

Sponsored

Starfysh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel your pain. I started with Cyber Orange(schoolbus yellow). Went to the dealership to look at a vehicle with Cyber Orange, Velocity Blue, and Hot Pepper Red. I really was considering switching to Hot Pepper Red since it is a Reddish Orange and looks to be a beautiful color. The dealer only had Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue vehicles for comparison. Cyber Orange was just too Yellow. So I pick Velocity Blue which is very pretty! I am looking for a vehicle that can be easily spotted in a parking lot! lol!
What I would really love is a Velocity Green!

bird.jpg
Me too but have aera51 which is classy.

OP
OP

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like I'm defecting! When I placed the 2023 order I went with Hot Chili Pepper Red because it has the orangey cast to it. My salesman frequently implied that my color choice was the reason I didn't get my 2022 order. I think he's nuts, but . . . I did get to see 2 Cyber Oranges up close and I'd be fine with either. So we will see. :)

Sponsored

Connor9988

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I collect Case tractors and to me it looks very similar to Case's Flambeau Red or Power Red.

I decided not to go with the Hot pepper red for mine as I see enough ORANGE with my tractors.

(BTW one of those is flambeau
Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red IMG_1246.JPG
red and the other is power red... which is which?)

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a burnt orange truck—loved it as it stood out, wasn’t over the top nor blah and it certainly didn’t blend in. It also fit for a few of my favorite sport teams. Ford, of course, doesn’t have that color.

I currently have a Lariat with the cyber orange on order.

I’ve seen a new orangish colored Ford truck around town every so often. Is that the hot red pepper?

I really don’t want a RED vehicle and I’m second guessing the cyber orange. I’ve tried to see one at a dealership, but no luck. I’ve heard, for the Lariat, the color is more orange than red.

True/false? Ideas? Thoughts? Pictures?
Depending on the lighting outside it can range from sunlit gold to school bus yellow. The triple coat metallic really gives it depth. I think of it in terms of Navy gold.

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red IMG_0045

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red IMG_0053

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red IMG_1087

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red IMG_0050

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep!

Current vehicle:

crosstrek2015.JPG
Since, I had no real choice I chose the CO. There were 3 Mavericks to choose from but the CO had only 634 miles on it and it was pretty specked out. In 1974 I had an Orange Pinto station wagon that was real Orange. Hot Red Pepper would also have been one of my choices but it wasn’t a color the dealer had in stock. I was very lucky to get the CO Maverick. Mine is easy to spot in a parking lot!😁

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cyber Orange should have been called _______ Yellow.
It’s not a true yellow. What it is, depending on sunlight, is anywhere from school bus yellow/orange to golden yellow. The metal fleck is really beautiful up close. Very much Navy yellow/gold.