First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn that is a sick Maverick. I would bolt a supercharger on there and that car becomes a super clean mega sleeper.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isn't Ford planning to sell a crate electric engine? There is your Mav EV.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'll be dead before I buy all electric car.....just because
Electric cars aren't gonna happen. if 10% of vehicles were electric it would crash our electrical grid due to it being under capacity and outdated. Government NEEDS to update infrastructure.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be dead before I buy all electric car.....just because
Yes they had all kinds of problems this winter in the cold weather . Loss of range and finding a charging station that worked. EVs stranded a lot of people and cost them slot of money 💰☹ love my Hybrid even in the cold☃ still got 37 mph with it 👍🙂

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many times the phrase 'If you don't want it, don't buy it' has been written on this forum :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Electric cars aren't gonna happen. if 10% of vehicles were electric it would crash our electrical grid due to it being under capacity and outdated. Government NEEDS to update infrastructure.
They already have happened? 10% of new car sales last year were EVs. you realize an infrastructure bill was passed last year as well? These things don’t magically pop up. They take time and investment.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We need to adopt hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. They're clearly the best option long term imo. I used to be an EV lover. My concern isn't the range, or the cost, or even the charging infastrure. It's the fact that producing ev batteries is very bad for the environment, furthermore, as the name suggests, rare earth materials are well rare. We're struggling to meet current lithium and cobalt demands as is. I don't see how we could possibly provide enough of these materials to meet demand in a future where virtually all cars are electric. It just doesn't seem possible. Once natural reserves of these resources are depleted, it'll be a race to recycle materials fast enough to build new batteries. Then there's the issue with recycling of batteries itself and the headache that brings to the table.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20% of all cars in Norway are electric. It's easily done/

Our grid needs updating anyway.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Carmakers aren't going to leave money on the table. You think they're going to pass up the opportunity to build the car and setup the (electric) gas station? Ha.
People with short daily commutes and cheap power are already on board. East Tennessee has some of the cheapest power in the country, so my neighbors who drive 10 minutes to work every day are in pretty good shape across the street with their little Chevy Bolt. Hasn't even burst into flames yet, best I can tell :D

I don't want their Bolt, but that's their business. I don't want the 17 year old down the street's diesel bro hauler with truck nut ornaments either, but if he wants to burn dinosaur bones and never, ever pull a trailer or do anything that requires even a small truck, he's perfectly within his rights to look like a goober.
Sponsored