First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK TO BUY! These can now ship from Hermasillo to your local dealers. This is GREAT NEWS.

Ford Maverick OK TO BUY (OKTB) For Maverick 2.0L Ecoboost Models! t6qnyipzahn71

Sponsored

Last edited:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are ahead of schedule. This is still summer, not fall!!!
Put them all back, no toys for anyone.

This is great news - but I thought OK To Buy was just a general approval, not related to shipping them out? I.E. this is something that is communicated to dealers, they could in theory end up with vehicles on their lot that can't be sold until the OK to Buy is issued. I don't recall that this relates to holding them at the factory at all. Am I wrong?

I know I had to wait a week for my Ranger because of a hold issue the dealer had to fix (this was late 2019, a year after their re-release).

Sponsored

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, I just want to confirm, does this mean the dealer can start selling their stock orders? Just don't know what the dealer lingo of "OK to Buy" means. Thanks,

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put them all back, no toys for anyone.

This is great news - but I thought OK To Buy was just a general approval, not related to shipping them out? I.E. this is something that is communicated to dealers, they could in theory end up with vehicles on their lot that can't be sold until the OK to Buy is issued. I don't recall that this relates to holding them at the factory at all. Am I wrong?

I know I had to wait a week for my Ranger because of a hold issue the dealer had to fix (this was late 2019, a year after their re-release).
Yep, every new vehicle in theory has to pass an OKTB.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, I just want to confirm, does this mean the dealer can start selling their stock orders? Just don't know what the dealer lingo of "OK to Buy" means. Thanks,
Okay to Buy is not a dealer event. This is a milestone in the program plan where all the trucks covered by the decision can now be sold to customers. The plant will hold the units that they made with 'make like production' processes and everything has checked out.

I am curious to the wording, however. It claims it is for 'gas' units. Will there be a separate Okay to Buy for Hybrid? Possibly. This may be why all the EB models got scheduled first.

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am curious to the wording, however. It claims it is for 'gas' units. Will there be a separate Okay to Buy for Hybrid?
Yes

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding is OKTB means they've put the production line to the test with some builds and they've been able to be completed without issue so, in theory, everything that comes off the line is ok to sell. I saw somewhere that all of the preproduction units that have been touring will be returned and destroyed because the manufacturing process for those units may not have undergone the same level of scrutiny

Sponsored

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My understanding is OKTB means they've put the production line to the test with some builds and they've been able to be completed without issue so, in theory, everything that comes off the line is ok to sell. I saw somewhere that all of the preproduction units that have been touring will be returned and destroyed because the manufacturing process for those units may not have undergone the same level of scrutiny
Maybe they can hand them over to the hybrid crowd to take out their frustrations on...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Usually that's what happens to preproduction models, however few 1964 Mustang preproduction models managed to survive and one went to auction for an asking price of $210,00! So if you can get ahold of a preproduction Maverick, hold if for 50 years it might would a few dollars or bitcoins or deer hides, depending on what we're using in the future as currency :ROFLMAO:!

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Usually that's what happens to preproduction models, however few 1964 Mustang preproduction models managed to survive and one went to auction for an asking price of $210,00! So if you can get ahold of a preproduction Maverick, hold if for 50 years it might would a few dollars or bitcoins or deer hides, depending on what we're using in the future as currency :ROFLMAO:!
My bet is on bottlecaps.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My bet is on bottlecaps.
You think we'll still have bottles and not a bunch foil like pouches full food goo and goo drinks! 😂
Sponsored