Sponsored

Ok, Maverick hybrid parts are not available. Now what?

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are no more 2022 Maverick hybrids to be scheduled. Ford screwed the Hybrid customers, no other way to say it. Who starts to bake a cake and doesn't check to see if they have all the ingredients? They should have stopped taking orders (and deposits) for something they're not sure that they can produce in a timely manner. I don't think that I can put off any longer, after waiting 10 months, to buy another vehicle as my current vehicle is about dead. This fiasco is heading toward the legal arena.
Sponsored

Eaglerocked

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are no more 2022 Maverick hybrids to be scheduled. Ford screwed the Hybrid customers, no other way to say it. Who starts to bake a cake and doesn't check to see if they have all the ingredients? They should have stopped taking orders (and deposits) for something they're not sure that they can produce in a timely manner. I don't think that I can put off any longer, after waiting 10 months, to buy another vehicle as my current vehicle is about dead. This fiasco is heading toward the legal arena.
U can’t bake the cake if you don’t have eggs

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are no more 2022 Maverick hybrids to be scheduled. Ford screwed the Hybrid customers, no other way to say it. Who starts to bake a cake and doesn't check to see if they have all the ingredients? They should have stopped taking orders (and deposits) for something they're not sure that they can produce in a timely manner.
Except they did stop taking orders way back in November? Not like there's still been in the intervening months, y'know, continued supply shortages, shipping bottlenecks, a war in a country that produced a good number of automotive components.... Or was Ford supposed to have predicted all of that with 100% accuracy as well to factor into their plans?

Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except they did stop taking orders way back in November? Not like there's still been in the intervening months, y'know, continued supply shortages, shipping bottlenecks, a war in a country that produced a good number of automotive components.... Or was Ford supposed to have predicted all of that with 100% accuracy as well to factor into their plans?
Yeah they did stop taking orders in November, when they were up to 200,000 orders. And the reason if went up so high, so fast was because of the low cost. They were no where near 100% accurate with this Maverick, not even close. The pandemic was well underway when they started taking orders and shortages were in all phases of our lives.

Last edited:

Pgapro81

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Lexus/ Kia/ VW
My First Edition was scheduled for 7/25 called customer service for update and was told it’s now 8/8. The best part is Ford finally sent me an email this morning that I had been delayed till 8/8 only 10 days after it was scheduled to be built. Not sure they are building any of these trucks.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At some point you have to wonder if they can even build them for the invoice price without losing money. I always thought the hybrid would be more expensive to manufacture yet its cheaper than the EB.

gotnothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
My July 2021 hybrid order has had a VIN and even a window sticker for months now. It went into production 7-4 but was pulled and the tracking site just says order confirmed now. Called this morning and they have once again pushed my build date to the end of August. Never ending delays without explanation. Hard seeing some folks that ordered months after me with same specs already driving their trucks.

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am sorry for all the frustration and people without their orders, ford wants to make/sell as many as were ordered - also like the member already said stopping hybrid in November(almost 9 months ago), however other things have continued to change as well. I personally think the only thing ford can do better is more communication.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Financial people like big backlogs. Ford's mistake is trying to estimate production availability 6-9 months out. For MY23, I think they should open the order banks for 6 months of production, then close them down. Wait 5-6 months, and reopen for 80% of remaining estimated production.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is all part of this (anti-) efficiency of off shoring and "just in time" nonsense "taught" to us. Only problem is that once you lose your self sufficiency it's hard to go back.

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My July 2021 hybrid order has had a VIN and even a window sticker for months now. It went into production 7-4 but was pulled and the tracking site just says order confirmed now. Called this morning and they have once again pushed my build date to the end of August. Never ending delays without explanation. Hard seeing some folks that ordered months after me with same specs already driving their trucks.
What are your “specs”?

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah they did stop taking orders in November, when they were up to 200,000 orders. And the reason if went up so high, so fast was because of the low cost. They were no where near 100% accurate with this Maverick, not even close. The pandemic was well underway when they started taking orders and shortages were in all phases of our lives.
So they stopped orders in November when their predictions showed that was all they could get built. After only taking orders for what, 5 months? To me that is a reasonable business decision based on the information available at the time. Points to Ford for stopping then rather than continue to take orders they felt they would not be able supply.

But you think hybrid customers were screwed and are threatening legal action. Ok, I get the frustration but maybe you could explain how anyone could have predicted the part shortages any better from 8 months ago.
Sponsored