First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone found a way to get a reading of oil pressure or voltage. I have the EB engine.
Sponsored

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The old fashion way may work.buy two mechanical guages and mount under the dash.otherwise i doubt you can do it.and no,i wouldnt do it.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone found a way to get a reading of oil pressure or voltage. I have the EB engine.
I'm aware of but never had a great deal of interest in various gauges that can read values from the ECU through the OBD2 interface.

Here's a video review. Note that the video is several years old, but it gives you an idea of what's possible.

Here's 2 examples:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07R4VDNDV
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0B9SFW2P1

If you're just curious to see some data, but you don't need a gauge, you can use Forscan. Search for threads here to see what USB dongle you need and how to get the trial license. This would allow you to see live values or log them for later review.

If you want something that looks like traditional mechanical gauges, alike a VDO, you can check to see if they offer OBD2 that can be customized or is set to the specific function you want.

Otherwise you can install a mechanical oil pressure gauge but I wouldn't recommend it while your car is under warranty, because if something goes wrong with the engine you should expect them to be very suspicious of the modification to install the mechanical oil pressure gauge, and deny your warranty claim even if a 3rd party might feel the modification(s) were unrelated.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a Scan Gauge plugged into the OBD port on my Prius and that can be left connected and set to read whatever engine info you want. I've had mine several years and forget where I got it.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Scan Gauge plugged into the OBD port on my Prius and that can be left connected and set to read whatever engine info you want. I've had mine several years and forget where I got it.
Scan gauge is outdated and it's a crime they still charge what they do for what it is.

OP get a bluetooth OBD scanner and download an app to read it. The dongle is like twenty bucks on amazon and there are a ton of free apps. You can also get forscan.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vcpayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Scan gauge is outdated and it's a crime they still charge what they do for what it is.
Your data on the ScanGauge is outdated. This thing is friggin' amazing! It will display 100's of parameters and you can set 27 "favorites" 3 pages of 9 or you can do a grid of 4 if you want larger, or just one at a time.

Ford Maverick oil pressure and voltage 10167C9E-5E59-4052-9177-987EB6FF78A0

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your data on the ScanGauge is outdated. This thing is friggin' amazing! It will display 100's of parameters and you can set 27 "favorites" 3 pages of 9 or you can do a grid of 4 if you want larger, or just one at a time.

10167C9E-5E59-4052-9177-987EB6FF78A0.jpeg
Still overpriced for what it is. There are free apps that do pretty much the same thing and bidirectional OBD scanners that are cheaper yet more capable.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The newest large touchscreen ScanGauge III is AWESOME for what it is and what it does if you want a dedicated device for daily use.

While it does lots of troubleshooting, I use it daily for the gauges. It's your best buddy when towing.

Who want's to dick around with a cell phone? I'd rather use the cell phone for better things.... like making calls and navigating. And for daily commutes who wants to pair and connect a phone every-single-day????

Not this guy.

That ScanGauge (on a magnetic mount) can be left in the truck full time or can be plug-n-play in any 1996 and later vehicle.

It's like getting a cell phone and an app.

Sure, if you want to know the code for that check engine light, one time in 3 years, by all means, get the cell phone app. But there are way fewer apps for iPhone so if you are an iPhone user, this is an even more attractive option.

The workers there are super nice too.

Lastly, don't knock it till you've tried it.
It can give you great insights.
And it's just plain fun to use!!!

OP
OP

vcpayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info/advice. Another thread put me on the trail of this solution for voltage. I'll use it in the 12v socket next to the start button.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N4WKJMT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm gonna leave well enough alone on the oil pressure reading...
Here's a picture of the device in the link above. It's exactly what I wanted re: voltage monitoring and the blue display fits right in. Couldn't be happier. It's not the cheapest option on Amazon but I like the 'look' and got a couple more high-quality USB power ports thrown in.

Ford Maverick oil pressure and voltage 1670439888937

Sponsored

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i have seen the option on forscan to enable this . i wonder what intrsument cluster will allow it to been seen

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want to get fancy and you have a android phonr you could get Bluetooth obd2 adapter and torque pro

Ford Maverick oil pressure and voltage Screenshot_2022-12-18-15-50-14-180
Sponsored