Sponsored

Oil change schedule / interval? Synthetic oil?

Mdibon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy equinox
Anyone know the following
1. What is the recommended oil. Is it full synthetic?
2. What is the oil change interval?

I have not had a Ford for a few years. Do they have an oil life system or is it on a set km schedule?

Cheers

M
Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would believe it is set by mileage at this price point BUT, The less I drive, the more frequently I change my oil.
FYI, If you change you own oil, Costco has their Kirkland brand of fully synthetic (Online only). Last sale I got 2-5 quart jugs for less than $30 after tax.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m assuming it’s 5w-30/20 weight oil for the EB 2.0. Maybe the same for the 2.5L. Most likely full synthetic. Not sure of the intervals, but full synthetic oil, a good filter and good driving habits can prolong oil life.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would believe it is set by mileage at this price point BUT, The less I drive, the more frequently I change my oil.
FYI, If you change you own oil, Costco has their Kirkland brand of fully synthetic (Online only). Last sale I got 2-5 quart jugs for less than $30 after tax.
If you have a Costco near by you may want to check in, they are stocking the stores now since supply is up and running. I just picked up 2 boxes of 2-5quart full synthetic on sale for 22.99 each. Great deals!

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Like my other Fords I expect the change interval will be 5K miles. My Fords came with the Motorcraft syn blend oil, but I don't know what will be in the Maverick.

Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Anyone know the following
1. What is the recommended oil. Is it full synthetic?
2. What is the oil change interval?

I have not had a Ford for a few years. Do they have an oil life system or is it on a set km schedule?

Cheers

M
A good bet is, for the Maverick, check out whatever the 2021 Escape owners manual says for the 2.5l Atkinson engine/2.0l EB engine. Use the IOLM (intelligent oil life monitor) you'll have with the Maverick to determine when you should change the oil, it will tell you when you're within xx% of remaining engine oil life left. IOLM uses an algorithm, uses actual operating hours, hours of idle time, temperature, length since last oil change etc.

OP
OP
Mdibon

Mdibon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy equinox
A good bet is, for the Maverick, check out whatever the 2021 Escape owners manual says for the 2.5l Atkinson engine/2.0l EB engine. Use the IOLM (intelligent oil life monitor) you'll have with the Maverick to determine when you should change the oil, it will tell you when you're within xx% of remaining engine oil life left. IOLM uses an algorithm, uses actual operating hours, hours of idle time, temperature, length since last oil change etc.
So there will be a oil life. That's good

Sponsored

L3fty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Enclave
Looks like SAE 5w-30 on the oil cap of the 2.0 in Chicago
Ford Maverick Oil change schedule / interval? Synthetic oil? Screenshot_20210718-075835

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
A good bet is, for the Maverick, check out whatever the 2021 Escape owners manual says for the 2.5l Atkinson engine/2.0l EB engine. ...
I understand severe service will change things, but this is what Escape does ...
- oil monitor will require a change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, which ever comes first. .
- the hybrid interval will be 10,000 engine miles, so lots of EV can stretch it to 15-16K miles.

My dealer does a free oil change at 5K miles. My second oil change was 15, 600 miles later, as required by the oil monitor. I do used oil analysis. No issues seen on this change.

Attachments

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I understand severe service will change things, but this is what Escape does ...
- oil monitor will require a change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, which ever comes first. .
- the hybrid interval will be 10,000 engine miles, so lots of EV can stretch it to 15-16K miles.

My dealer does a free oil change at 5K miles. My second oil change was 15, 600 miles later, as required by the oil monitor. I do used oil analysis. No issues seen on this change.
If you use your Ford Pass points it will cost just a little to upgrade to Full Synthetic, if you want your truck to run properly just follow the manual time or mileage intervals. I use Full Syn only from the dealership
5000 miles max because of carbon buildup in my Escape, I also switch between non ethanol and Costco 93 octane fuel. Costco fuel is almost $1.00 less and is top rated.

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I plan on changing my hybrid oil with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic every 7500 miles. That should be around 5000 engine miles.
Sponsored