Quagmire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If its mostly fuel and water
Carbon soot added to that fuel & water, along with some oil mist, with heat, makes for sticky stuff adhering to the back of the intake valves.
That's the whole point.
No, because there is too much carbon soot and oil mist hitting those intake valves. Sticky stuff.
Sponsored

bluesteel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What % did the Mav computer say was the oil life when you changed it? Curious how that compares

OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey 801,
Would you mind taking a video of next time you dump your catch can? I would be interested in seeing exactly what and how much you get in there. You seem to be getting an abnormal amount based on what others are reporting. Thank You!
Sure thing!

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't beat the Costco synthetic. That's what I'm running right now with a Motorcraft filter.
Oddly enough Costco Synthetic lacks the Ford warrany specification WSS-M2C962-A1. The owners manual shows the specification as well as the viscosity. This is the Ford spec for any full syn, regardless of viscosity. Semi Syn spec is WSS-M2C963-A1. I buy Mobil 1 at Wal Mart which bears this specificaction on the label and costs less than Costco syntheti. Never give a dealer a reason not to honor your warranty, and they do require receipts.
Ford Maverick Oil Analysis Report for 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 EcoBoost w/ tow package and FX4. 5000 miles on truck, 4000 miles on oil. IMG_1274

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oddly enough Costco Synthetic lacks the Ford warrany specification WSS-M2C962-A1. The owners manual shows the specification as well as the viscosity. This is the Ford spec for any full syn, regardless of viscosity. Semi Syn spec is WSS-M2C963-A1. I buy Mobil 1 at Wal Mart which bears this specificaction on the label and costs less than Costco syntheti. Never give a dealer a reason not to honor your warranty, and they do require receipts.
IMG_1274.jpeg
Is this the same for the 5w30? Because everything I saw showed it to be within Ford Spec.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The viscosity breakdown is concerning to me, this will be exacerbated in summer months. Flashpoint is great but your driving conditions and habits seem to keep your fuel dilution to a minimum which is what really affects the flash point.
Go full synthetic rather than the minimum required semi in any turbo application.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys,

Thought some people might be interested in my Blackstone results for engine oil.

I did the initial oil change at 1000 Miles and then did an oil change at 5000 miles (so 4000 miles on oil) oil sample on the 5000 mile oil change.

Tons of mountain driving on this oil cycle.

I run a catch can on this truck by the way, and I empty it everytime I put gas in the car. A weird water/fuel/oil mixture.

I will most likely do 4000-5000 mile oil changes from here on out.
Seems like the smart move on your Ecoboost and really any turbo application would to step up to a full synthetic that bears the the Ford WSS specification. Pay more and change less often.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Costco oil is the same thing as the Walmart Super Tech and the Amazon oil. They are all made by the same manufacture, Warren Oil.
Costco syn does not bear the Ford WSS certification and could void your warranty. This is the hybrid required 0/20, but same issue for the full syn and semi syn Ecoboost 5/30. The specification is in your owners manual. Mobil 1 from Wal Mart costs less and bears the WSS compliance.
Ford Maverick Oil Analysis Report for 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 EcoBoost w/ tow package and FX4. 5000 miles on truck, 4000 miles on oil. IMG_1274

Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to say the same as BDennis. I'm not saying that the Kirkland oil is bad, but it does not meet Ford's spec. I plan to stay within their spec as long as I'm in powertrain warranty.

PS> I'm saying this, and Costco is my favorite store. :)

Last edited:

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey 801,
Would you mind taking a video of next time you dump your catch can? I would be interested in seeing exactly what and how much you get in there. You seem to be getting an abnormal amount based on what others are reporting. Thank You!
Here is a video of a Catch can dump. About 500 Highway miles on this. Not much oil/water white sludge in this one. Mostly fuel.

Sponsored