Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks like mine will be going in having checked my VIN on Ford website. S'funny because only a couple of weeks ago a friend was randomly driving behind me and messaged me to say my brake lights were on, I thought he'd been at the herbal cigarettes again, seems he was onto something :unsure:
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So here is a question- Have 4k/Lariat/Lux/ACC- When connected to an 4 pin utility trailer and push the trailer brake gain, it says trailer disconnected- Is that just because I have not connected a 7 pin unit ?
The electric brake control is only for use with a trailer having electric brakes and using the seven pin plug. The controller has nothing to do with a trailer using the four pin plug as that is just for the lights.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The electric brake control is only for use with a trailer having electric brakes and using the seven pin plug. The controller has nothing to do with a trailer using the four pin plug as that is just for the lights.
Kinda what I was thinking. Thx

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="paneubert, post: 402618, member: 9974"ā€¦..they don't even have a solution for it identified yet.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe they can dial the gain down to under 0.5

Did they include a dial?

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No Lie if this holds my delivery imma sneak in after the dealer closes and remove the bulb I waited too long LOL

Sponsored

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it could be they are aware of what specific part or employee is causing the issue and which exact trucks are affected. So even if you meet the high-level definition of a recall, it may not actually impact your truck specifically.
This is exactly correct, and in the manufacturing industry the process for this is known as "Traceability"

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford said it's a software update so hopefully it won't impact my build too much. It's supposed to be built this week.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can't make this up, you could but who'd believe it.
After finding this on the NHSTA site it looks like the previous recall fix caused another issue.
This was a software issue just like the new issue.
March 25, 2022NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V193000
Trailer Brakes May Fail
Loss of trailer brake functionality could result in extended stopping distance, increasing the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V193000
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 391,836
Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2021-2022 F-150, 2022 Maverick, Expedition, Lincoln Navigator, F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 vehicles. Due to a software error, a towed trailer equipped with an electric or electric-over hydraulic brake system may not brake.

nathanchrisman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The timing on this is ironic. I just settled all the paperwork with Granger. Five minutes after finalizing transport details, I get an email from Granger telling me about this recall and that I need to cancel transport until some unknown later date. Doh!

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The timing on this is ironic. I just settled all the paperwork with Granger. Five minutes after finalizing transport details, I get an email from Granger telling me about this recall and that I need to cancel transport until some unknown later date. Doh!
If you had flown out to get the truck, you'd be on your way home right now...

Flyboy727

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same happened to me today, I was planning to fly to DesMoines tonight.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup. Mine got to Granger last wednesday. I was set to work with the financing department and giterdun so I could fly out and pick it up. Is there a fix in place such as a software update? It's ironic actually, I dont plan to tow anything over 2K with this truck. None of my light duty trailers even have brakes. I ordered it with this only because of the gear ratio, heavier duty axles, bigger radiator, and auxiliary trans cooler.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yup. Mine got to Granger last wednesday. I was set to work with the financing department and giterdun so I could fly out and pick it up. Is there a fix in place such as a software update? It's ironic actually, I dont plan to tow anything over 2K with this truck. None of my light duty trailers even have brakes. I ordered it with this only because of the gear ratio, heavier duty axles, bigger radiator, and auxiliary trans cooler.
Try running your VIN for any recallsā€¦. That might be helpfulā€¦. I have a build week of 10/17 and Iā€™ve run my VIN numerous times and itā€™s showing no recallsā€¦. I understand that itā€™s not built, by the government already has my VIN so anything not fixed would be noted. Good Luck!
Sponsored