Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Yea and gas prices are only rising as well. I think its 3.55 here where im at for low octane. And the maverick with the ecoboost should probably be getting high octane. Although ill read what the manual says to use as well. Im guessing the hybrid one will come out very soon if the window for this one just released.
Regular 87 octane is running right at $2.80 per gallon here where I live in Florida. Since I am only using Ethanol Free in my vehicle, I've been paying $3.55 for awhile. So I feel your pain.
Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I have to say I really do not like these might be hitting the road without a crash test/safety rating to go off. Thats really my main concern at this point.
Aside from the few preproduction models that Ford is using to showcase and train dealers, I don't think any of them are hitting the road yet are they?

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I have to say I really do not like these might be hitting the road without a crash test/safety rating to go off. Thats really my main concern at this point.
I would expect it to be similar to the Escape and the Bronco Sport since they use basically the same unibody construction.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would expect it to be similar to the Escape and the Bronco Sport since they use basically the same unibody construction.
Bingo. The Bronco Sport got Top Pick+ and the Escape got Top Pick, so I'm not concerned.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Anything on a fwd 2.0?
Window sticker posted here indicates 23/30/26 for XL FWD 2.0T.

Edit: Admin(s) took upon themselves to edit my post. Please send courtesy message indicating you will be editing my posts in the future.

Last edited:

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited by a moderator:

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Full size spare included on the package only for hybrids

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Lariat it is.
My 2.0T Lariat + Lux build did not include the full size spare. I had to add it for an additional $115 per my order sheet from the dealership.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bingo. The Bronco Sport got Top Pick+ and the Escape got Top Pick, so I'm not concerned.
I'm no Automotive engineer, but I assume they have to use a modified unibody structure for the Maverick vs an SUV that has basically a large box beam like structure. The truck is more like a short box with a plate on the back.

I do share your hope that the Maverick has similar ratings to the escape/bronco sport though!

Was crash test ratings available for the Bronco/escape by the time they were in customer hands?

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to be honest, I kinda felt like the 23/29/25 line was a best case scenario for the Maverick.

If the Hybrid had been the more expensive option, I'd have been getting the Ecoboost without a second thought.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Was crash test ratings available for the Bronco/escape by the time they were in customer hands?
I have no idea on that. I don't follow much automotive news until I am ready to make a purchase.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to be honest, I kinda felt like the 23/29/25 line was a best case scenario for the Maverick.

If the Hybrid had been the more expensive option, I'd have been getting the Ecoboost without a second thought.
It would have been an interesting case study to see what the order percentages were if the Ecoboost was the same price as the hybrid. I kind of wonder if once the supply shortages work themselves out a bit, because of possibly higher demand for the Hybrid, they end up costing the same at dealerships.

awesomedeedee

First Name
Deedee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
The window sticker says it's based on 15,000 miles per year at $2.35 per gallon. If anything is unrealistic it's the fuel price. The National Average is $3.18 per gallon.

I just want to see a Hybrid Window Sticker. That's what I'm buying.
SoCal here is around $4.5 per gallon

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2.0T Lariat + Lux build did not include the full size spare. I had to add it for an additional $115 per my order sheet from the dealership.

????? Don't know. But it says it's included.

Ford Maverick Official 2022 Maverick Window Sticker for 2.0L AWD 4K Tow – 22 / 29 / 25 EPA MPG Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 12.01.49
Sponsored