22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I'm not so sure about the Maverick fuel economy. I took a screen shot from the Maverick hybrid being shown

I'm a bit suspicious of the 40 mpg claims for the hybrid 2.0 Engine. I took a screen shot of the instrument cluster from the hybrid Maverick being shown on YouTube by Doug DeMuro ( ). It showed it had been driven 800+ miles and averaged 29.9 mpg. That is far short from the 40 mpg being promoted for this vehicle. It seems to me that the 29.9 are the more realistic averages to be expected under normal driving conditions.
Screenshot_20210826-132125_Chrome.jpg
Did you bother looking at the run time? 97 hours 38 minutes 59 seconds. To only travel 812.1 miles, that's an average speed of ~8 miles per hour. I wouldn't get hung up on the 29.9 mpg.. that's with a ton of idle time if you do the math.
Sponsored

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
The window sticker says it's based on 15,000 miles per year at $2.35 per gallon. If anything is unrealistic it's the fuel price. The National Average is $3.18 per gallon.

I just want to see a Hybrid Window Sticker. That's what I'm buying.

I think he means compared to other trucks.

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
You are correct. Ford.com reports the 2.0’s HP and torque numbers are only achieved with premium fuel.

Who cares. I'll be using 87 like always. I'm pretty sure the torque and HP will be fine.

Never have used high octane waste of money unless actually required.

Reactions: Cad

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
I'm not so sure about the Maverick fuel economy. I took a screen shot from the Maverick hybrid being shown

I'm a bit suspicious of the 40 mpg claims for the hybrid 2.0 Engine. I took a screen shot of the instrument cluster from the hybrid Maverick being shown on YouTube by Doug DeMuro ( ). It showed it had been driven 800+ miles and averaged 29.9 mpg. That is far short from the 40 mpg being promoted for this vehicle. It seems to me that the 29.9 are the more realistic averages to be expected under normal driving conditions.
Your mixing your engine up haus. 2.0 is ecoboost the 2.5 is the hybrid... not gonna see 40 in the eco

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
The window sticker says it's based on 15,000 miles per year at $2.35 per gallon. If anything is unrealistic it's the fuel price. The National Average is $3.18 per gallon.

I just want to see a Hybrid Window Sticker. That's what I'm buying.
I received my hybrid window sticker today, December 10th. Under 'Special Order", is the date listed the manufacture date ?

Ford Maverick Official 2022 Maverick Window Sticker for 2.0L AWD 4K Tow – 22 / 29 / 25 EPA MPG IMG_20211210_202629

Ford Maverick Official 2022 Maverick Window Sticker for 2.0L AWD 4K Tow – 22 / 29 / 25 EPA MPG IMG_20211210_202128

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Full size spare included on the package only for hybrids
I bet it has something to do w the regenerative braking. The vehicle probably records individual wheel rotational speeds on regenerative braking. I'm betting all 4 wheels need to be the same diameter for it to work correctly.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet it has something to do w the regenerative braking. The vehicle probably records individual wheel rotational speeds on regenerative braking. I'm betting all 4 wheels need to be the same diameter for it to work correctly.
I don't know the reason for the full size spare packaging, but I don't think the wheels being the same size for the computer is part of it.
1. There are hybrids with doughnuts.
2. The"full size spare" isn't the same size as the other tires. It's only full size in that it allows you to go>55mph.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Y'all realize that 29.9 is a combined average. Mpg computers tend to compute everything to give you the overall average. I have used these things since I swapped a 12 button trip navigator from an 87 dodge Daytona pacifica into my old 1988 daytona Shelby. It was all plug n play back then, not integrated as this is, however all the wiring was there ft or that swap.

It still all works just the same. If your rolling on the highway and zero it out, it will probably show the hybrid actual freeway mileage. Ditto for 2.0T, and 2.0T AWD. This is because the trip is using 3 things to figure it out. Throttle position, engine RPM and or engine vacuum, and vehicle actual speed. A higher octane fuel will probably record better numbers.

This goes the same for doing inner city. Zero it out and do just stop n go driving all day, then see whatcha got. If you zero it on the fly while running down the highway, I'm betting fuel economy number will start at 99mpg, then slowly come down as the computer begins its MPG averaging based on the input it's getting from the sources I listed.

Every MPG computer I have ever used has averaged out this way. The end number you get is a n averaged combination of city and highway. Have had several chrysler products, and a chevy HHR. They all averaged it the same. This being said 29.9 mpg combined total on a hybrid is pretty good.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know the reason for the full size spare packaging, but I don't think the wheels being the same size for the computer is part of it.
1. There are hybrids with doughnuts.
2. The"full size spare" isn't the same size as the other tires. It's only full size in that it allows you to go>55mph.
Are you sure about that?

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mamboman777 looking at the tire sizes, the rim is probably 1-2" narrower than the stock rims on the rest of the vehicle, however its diameter and section width numbers equate it diameter wise with the tires on the rest of the vehicle. Semantics, but it's technically a full size spare. It nay be a narrower rim because it is mounted underneath. It is a tiny truck, and underbody to ground clearances are likely an issue.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mamboman777 looking at the tire sizes, the rim is probably 1-2" narrower than the stock rims on the rest of the vehicle, however its diameter and section width numbers equate it diameter wise with the tires on the rest of the vehicle. Semantics, but it's technically a full size spare. It nay be a narrower rim because it is mounted underneath. It is a tiny truck, and underbody to ground clearances are likely an issue.

Yeah...I don't think so. I mean, you can believe whatever you want to, but a 60 tire on a 17 rim means the sidewall is not as tall. I mean, the sidewall could be taller if the tread width were greater, but it's not... It's just a smaller tire.

"
ASPECT RATIO The forward slash separates the tire width number from the two-digit aspect ratio. The bigger the aspect ratio, the higher/taller the tire’s sidewall, or “profile” as it’s sometimes called.

The aspect ratio is indicated on the tire sidewall as a percentage. It’s the height of the sidewall measured from wheel rim to top of the tread, expressed as a percentage of tire width.

In this example, the aspect ratio is 65, meaning the sidewall is 65 percent as high as the tire is wide. To get the sidewall height, take the tire width of 215 mm and convert it to inches (8.46). Then multiply this by 65% (.65). This gives you an answer of 5.5, the sidewall height in inches."

https://www.lesschwab.com/article/tire-size-explained-reading-the-sidewall.html

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok well apparently so. If that's the case, what size is the actual donut, or is the sticker a generic w a donut spare.

It seems your first sticker the spare is 1.32" smaller diameter

The second sticker with them 18" bougie lariat rims is a 3.1" diameter difference.

If this is the case, then the spare truly is not a full size spare but a larger than a donut but not quite full size. I may nix that full size spare option for $115 and wait till I can find an actual full size steelie rim from an XL and fit it with the same tire as the rest of the truck. I reckon taking the "full size" spare and factory drop in liners off will save me almost $300
Sponsored