First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That backseat is looking pretty nice and small. I dig it. I thought they'd sacrifice too much bed space room for rear seat comfort in this thing(which is completely backwards).

WHile Id prefer a simple extended cab with no rear seats, a crew cab with a tiny back seat is fine.
Sponsored

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
Stoked! Predictions
XL 1.5 Fwd 20-23k
XL 1.5 AWD 22-25k
XLT 1.5 FWD 22-30k
XLT 1.5 AWD 24-32k
Lariat 1.5L FWD 26-34k
Lariat 1.5L AWD 29-38k
Lariat 2.0L AWD 29k-40k

same drive train as Escape
1.5L 190hp 190lbft
2.0L 250hp 270lbft
54” X 54” x 14” box
4 door only.
Same tires as Bronco Sport (28.5”)
8speed auto.
Same options as escape/ bronco sport

my guessing Hybrid/ Plug in hybrid/ EV coming a few years later.
You might be off on the hybrid timing. Apparently, the one in GU's garage in the ad on her IG is a hybrid variant. Remember, this truck uses the same platform as the Escape which already has a hybrid and a new plug-in hybrid. It looks like this is being aimed for city life, therefore a hybrid at launch not only makes marketing sense but also counters Hyundai's engine selection. They may have the more powerful engine, but Ford has the hybrid.

It's going to be fun watching Ford and Hyundai duke it out this summer and fall. And if GMC or Dodge enter the fight, we as consumers will win in the end.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES, IT’S TRUE. AN ALL-NEW COMPACT PICKUP IS COMING TO THE BUILT FORD TOUGH LINEUP: THE ALL-NEW 2022 FORD MAVERICK

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2021 – Months of rumors, spy shots and speculation have all led to this moment. It’s true – Ford is adding an all-new compact pickup to the lineup, and it’s called Maverick.

Bringing a rebirth of a classic name and the creation of a new choice for truck customers, the all-new Ford Maverick makes its debut on June 8 with the help of actress Gabrielle Union. She will show-off the all-new truck on her own Instagram and TikTok channels, on Ford’s social channels as well as on Hulu. The Maverick will be Ford’s first vehicle to debut on its new U.S. TikTok channel.

Get a closer look of the all-new Maverick on June 8 at ford.com.

NICE! I cannot wait for the official reveal and the beautiful Gabrielle Union doing the reveal is also a nice extra perk. The only bummer is that after the official reveal we likely will have to wait an additional 3 months or more before it's actually on dealer lots.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
You might be off on the hybrid timing. Apparently, the one in GU's garage in the ad on her IG is a hybrid variant. Remember, this truck uses the same platform as the Escape which already has a hybrid and a new plug-in hybrid. It looks like this is being aimed for city life, therefore a hybrid at launch not only makes marketing sense but also counters Hyundai's engine selection. They may have the more powerful engine, but Ford has the hybrid.

It's going to be fun watching Ford and Hyundai duke it out this summer and fall. And if GMC or Dodge enter the fight, we as consumers will win in the end.
well I look at the Hyundai Santa Cruz Turbo as a ranger comparator not Maverick because I think the Hyundai turbo will cost WELL over 40k starting.
but they might offer the hybrid day 1. But because the Bronco Sport doesn’t currently have it and the escape and Explorer hybrids were delayed a few months after launch. I think they might wait.
I hope they announce it Tuesday but I don’t think it will be available day 1

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NICE! I cannot wait for the official reveal and the beautiful Gabrielle Union doing the reveal is also a nice extra perk. The only bummer is that after the official reveal we likely will have to wait an additional 3 months or more before it's actually on dealer lots.
my guess. Production will start Q3 (july-sept).
then hit dealers around November. (Similar time line as the Bronco Sport)

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stoked! Predictions
XL 1.5 Fwd 20-23k
XL 1.5 AWD 22-25k
XLT 1.5 FWD 22-30k
XLT 1.5 AWD 24-32k
Lariat 1.5L FWD 26-34k
Lariat 1.5L AWD 29-38k
Lariat 2.0L AWD 29k-40k

same drive train as Escape
1.5L 190hp 190lbft
2.0L 250hp 270lbft
54” X 54” x 14” box
4 door only.
Same tires as Bronco Sport (28.5”)
8speed auto.
Same options as escape/ bronco sport

my guessing Hybrid/ Plug in hybrid/ EV coming a few years later.
I’m hoping for 2.0 Duratec normally aspirated on XL!

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bed looks smaller than I hoped for.....extended cab would have been perfect but we know that's not happening.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a higher resolution pic. Looks mighty fine if you ask me.

2022 Ford Maverick pickup leak.jpg
I don’t think I’ve seen that red on any other Ford product, of course it could just be the lighting.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m hoping for 2.0 Duratec normally aspirated on XL!
I wouldn’t hold my breath. Only the Ecosport has the 2.0 N/A As a top Engine option only because it’s from 2012. Everything else has the 1.5L
Yes the transit connect does to, but again old and is getting replaced soon.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I don’t think I’ve seen that red on any other Ford product, of course it could just be the lighting.
Looks similar to the “Hot Pepper Red” that was available on 2019 Ranger.

Wouldn’t be my first choice of a red color.

Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Message boards: maverick will be for more masculine buyers and santa cruz for more feminine buyers

Ford: to introduce the all-new maverick, here's Gabrielle union!

:ROFLMAO:

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Prices guesses feel pretty accurate to me, and I suppose I should've anticipated needing to go top shelf in order to have the 2.0 engine. Ugh. I wish I knew what that engine *feels* like. My 2012 Edge has a V6 that really helps me navigate heavy NoVa traffic nicely, and i'm afraid both of these offered engines are going to sluggish.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn’t hold my breath. Only the Ecosport has the 2.0 N/A As a top Engine option only because it’s from 2012. Everything else has the 1.5L
Yes the transit connect does to, but again old and is getting replaced soon.
I’m thinking they might use the cheaper engine to get to the “under $20k” price point.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES, IT’S TRUE. AN ALL-NEW COMPACT PICKUP IS COMING TO THE BUILT FORD TOUGH LINEUP: THE ALL-NEW 2022 FORD MAVERICK

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2021 – Months of rumors, spy shots and speculation have all led to this moment. It’s true – Ford is adding an all-new compact pickup to the lineup, and it’s called Maverick.

Bringing a rebirth of a classic name and the creation of a new choice for truck customers, the all-new Ford Maverick makes its debut on June 8 with the help of actress Gabrielle Union. She will show-off the all-new truck on her own Instagram and TikTok channels, on Ford’s social channels as well as on Hulu. The Maverick will be Ford’s first vehicle to debut on its new U.S. TikTok channel.

Get a closer look of the all-new Maverick on June 8 at ford.com.

Maverick-Badge-2160x1440.jpg

Gabrielle-Union-x-Maverick-Profile-closeup.jpg

Gabrielle-Union-x-Maverick-Side-Mirror.jpg
I literally made an account just to point out the video states at the bottom “Available Fall 2021”
Sponsored