TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay folks, Here is the start of the drop-ship process from Chapman. As of this morning around 9:00am est. my drop-ship dealer called me to inform me that my Maverick had been delivered to the dealership. He would get it in and do the PDI, State inspection and clean up done on it for me and wait on me for delivery. That`s what I am handling in this deal of the drop-ship process that Tom ask us to do. So around 10:00am I called the Chapman dealership to ask about what to do about picking up my Maverick from my drop-ship dealer and they told me that the finance department handles that part of the deal. So I ask the lady could I talk to that person and she told me they could not take any calls, that I would have to email the person that I was dealing with on the order and I told her it was Tom Borah ( Dealerinsider )
that gave me the price on the Maverick. She said get in touch with him. So about that same time of the day I sent him a email about how to proceed on picking up my Maverick at the drop-ship dealership. As of 4:30pm today I have not heard anything from Tom. I have called back to Chapman and ask what else I could do about picking up my Maverick today and they said someone would be back with me. Still nothing from anyone as me writing this statement . Lets go back to the first of this week when I called them to ask if I could get any paperwork done early on it so it wouldn`t take so long when it came in and they told me they couldn`t do anything till it arrived to the drop-ship dealer. Lady`s and Gentleman`s I don`t know what I have gotten my self into with this drop-ship process. I have done my part of the deal and sitting here waiting on Chapman`s part.

UPDATE : Just got a phone call from the sales manger Matthew Hille at 5:45pm telling me that they would get the paper work out to me in few days to sign and for me to mail all of it back to them with payment before they will release the vehicle to me. So it looks like I probably want get my Maverick till the middle of next week sometime. Boy this is not the way thought it would end up like.
I too ordered from Chapman and my vehicle is in route to its CD destination. I was very nervous about having to complete the transaction with another dealer, so this information puts me very much at ease knowing that Chapman will complete all paperwork and payment process. The CD location is a good 3hr drive from me, so I'd rather have everything ready when it's time to pick it up. I've waited many months now, an extra week won't make a big difference if I can ensure the same pleasant experience throughout. 1/2 glass full, 1/2 glass empty. ;)

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The paperwork came today from UPS around 11:00am from Chapman. They sent it by over night from yesterday and they even sent another paid over night envelope from UPS to send all the paperwork back to them. That was nice for sure. I dropped the envelope off at the UPS store around 11:30am to head back to them. I placed a certified bank check in with six different papers to sign in the envelope. Hopefully they will call me tomorrow to tell me that I can pick my Maverick up. So far so good.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to let everyone know that Chapman sent my drop-ship dealer and me a email today around 1:00pm to release my Maverick for pick up. So after work this evening me and my family went and picked it up. So the Maverick is in my garage at home and our family is very happy with it. I really think that Ford knock it out of the park with it. Also Chapman Ford was a very pleasant dealership to deal with about the whole process from ordering it all the way to taking it home. Thanks Tom. Also my drop-ship dealer Green Ford in Greensboro, NC was very easy to work with also. Thanks Joey. I hope everyone else out there gets great people and dealerships to work with them on buying there Maverick.

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to let everyone know that Chapman sent my drop-ship dealer and me a email today around 1:00pm to release my Maverick for pick up. So after work this evening me and my family went and picked it up. So the Maverick is in my garage at home and our family is very happy with it. I really think that Ford knock it out of the park with it. Also Chapman Ford was a very pleasant dealership to deal with about the whole process from ordering it all the way to taking it home. Thanks Tom. Also my drop-ship dealer Green Ford in Greensboro, NC was very easy to work with also. Thanks Joey. I hope everyone else out there gets great people and dealerships to work with them on buying there Maverick.
Awesome! Congrats!

Could you describe your Courtesy Delivery experience? Did anyone from Green Ford contact you at all? How long did it take? Was everything ready when you arrive? Was it as easy as show up and drive off? Was the truck washed/cleaned? Was there a delivery walk-around or just a "here's your keys, thank you for your business"?

Sponsored

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome! Congrats!

Could you describe your Courtesy Delivery experience? Did anyone from Green Ford contact you at all? How long did it take? Was everything ready when you arrive? Was it as easy as show up and drive off? Was the truck washed/cleaned? Was there a delivery walk-around or just a "here's your keys, thank you for your business"?
Yes, Joey Towsley with Green Ford called me when it showed up on there lot, Then mean while you are waiting for Chapman to send you the paperwork back and forth they are doing the PDI, State inspection and clean up on your Maverick. Yes they will do a walk around if you want them to. After looking at this forum for some four months now I should know more about it then they do. So they didn`t have to show me anything that I didn`t know already about the Maverick. They had it ready when Chapman called to let me come and pick it up. Chapman also has to call or email them to release it to you. Green Ford was very good to work with.

Last edited:

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Green Ford is who I have my hybrid order with.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just still hoping to get a scheduled date soon. Not too sure if that will happen with the volume of orders Chapman has.

Yar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keith,

Congrats on getting your truck! Glad to hear the Chapman experience went well. I'm looking forward to that same smooth process when mine finally gets here (has to go to scheduling first, of course!).

Does this make you one of the first Carolina Maverick Truck Club (CMTC) members? Maybe next May/June you can organize a rally up in the WS/GSO area. I'm down in the Greenville, SC area so that's an easy drive, especially in a Maverick Hybrid.

Keep us up-to-date on your driving experience every now and then. ...and any mods you might do like bed cover, lights, etc.

Grats again!!!!

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any Chapman orders get scheduled today?

Sponsored

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any Chapman orders get scheduled today?
Still waiting. I figured they had used up all of their allocations last week. Seems like a lot of people in general did get scheduled, however. Including a relieving amount of hybrids.

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
Probably but the better question is how many orders do they have and how many allocations can they get.

If they're up to say 500 orders and only get 10-15 Maverick Allocations per month, you're looking at years of waiting to save a few bucks. If you need a Maverick soon, you may need to search for dealer stock or order from a dealer with less total orders.
Yeah it's cool but also a bummer... they're my local dealership and the one with the most damn orders anywhere it seems lol!
Sponsored