First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay folks, I was able to go to my drop-ship dealer today and check out my Maverick there. Let me tell you something, I am loving it very much. It`s just what I was thinking it would be. Very happy with it. It had 12 miles on it and I put another 6 miles on it driving it around. Let me say it`s very quiet when it`s running and it`s very fast little truck. For the money spent it`s worth every bit. The general manager at the dealership wanted to buy it off me, he said he would give me sticker price on it. Of course I said NO. That dealership there add a $3500 market adjustment to the sticker price on all there vehicles. He could not believe that Chapman was selling them at 4% below invoice. Maybe I can bring it home sometime next week.

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick list - 3% under invoice with @dealersider IMG_1345

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick list - 3% under invoice with @dealersider IMG_1339

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick list - 3% under invoice with @dealersider IMG_1340

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick list - 3% under invoice with @dealersider IMG_1344
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Okay folks, I was able to go to my drop-ship dealer today and check out my Maverick there. Let me tell you something, I am loving it very much. It`s just what I was thinking it would be. Very happy with it. It had 12 miles on it and I put another 6 miles on it driving it around. Let me say it`s very quiet when it`s running and it`s very fast little truck. For the money spent it`s worth every bit. The general manager at the dealership wanted to buy it off me, he said he would give me sticker price on it. Of course I said NO. That dealership there add a $3500 market adjustment to the sticker price on all there vehicles. He could not believe that Chapman was selling them at 4% below invoice. Maybe I can bring it home sometime next week.

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg
Sweet. Hope you get it soon.

Looks exactly like the one I saw at my local dealer yesterday. The dealer here said the exact same thing. He said there is no way he could sell it for 4% below invoice. He tried to get me to believe the dealer pays invoice for it but I didn't bite. I'll be curious to know if they try to mark it up any during the final paperwork.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sweet. Hope you get it soon.

Looks exactly like the one I saw at my local dealer yesterday. The dealer here said the exact same thing. He said there is no way he could sell it for 4% below invoice. He tried to get me to believe the dealer pays invoice for it but I didn't bite. I'll be curious to know if they try to mark it up any during the final paperwork.
No they did not mark mine up any, I am paying just what they told me back in July when I ordered it. They had forgotten to take my drop-ship deposit off the final price that I had to pay back when it went into production. I had to remind the manager about that and he made it right. I went today and got a certified bank check from my bank to send back with the paper work that I have to sign when it gets here and send all of it back to them. They seem to be honest so far.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Invoice is in fact literally what the dealer pays the manufacturer for the vehicle. Now, that's not including post-sale reimbursement like holdback or incentives for sales volume. Or other profit lines built into the sale like doc fees.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they did not mark mine up any, I am paying just what they told me back in July when I ordered it. They had forgotten to take my drop-ship deposit off the final price that I had to pay back when it went into production. I had to remind the manager about that and he made it right. I went today and got a certified bank check from my bank to send back with the paper work that I have to sign when it gets here and send all of it back to them. They seem to be honest so far.
Good to hear. I'm getting excited for you. Have a great peaceful weekend. It will probably be your last as you get your new toy next week. You'll be spending money on it and re-doing everything to your liking. So relax while you can. Haha.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Invoice is in fact literally what the dealer pays the manufacturer for the vehicle. Now, that's not including post-sale reimbursement like holdback or incentives for sales volume. Or other profit lines built into the sale like doc fees.
Interesting. I knew they didn't really pay invoice but I wasn't sure how they came up with the amount. And now ya know. Thanks.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right.
Holdback is 3% for Ford (on MSRP), and as you mention there are incentives for sales volume. In some distant past universe, I had a document from (I think) a court case where some of these numbers were disclosed. So the 3% holdback plus "PA doc fee" plus these unknown sales volume targets (which might be lower in 2021 due to robust auto sales/shortages) might put Chapman at close to break-even on 4% off invoice retail orders. But there's more...

Chapman's strategy here has been to generate higher allocations for stock orders which they plan on selling above MSRP -because the stock allocations are at least partially a function of the overall sales volume (including the retail orders). So, stay close to even on retail and rack in profits on stock orders....

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg
Congrats! Hope you can drive the new toy next week.
I have a question: do you finance the truck or pay by cash? How about the payment process?
Thank you.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! Hope you can drive the new toy next week.
I have a question: do you finance the truck or pay by cash? How about the payment process?
Thank you.
Yes I hope to be able to drive it home next week and enjoy it for a long time. I am paying it by cash, don`t know how they will handle the finance process part. I do know you will need to send them a copy of your drivers license front and back of it. Then a copy of your current vehicle insurance. I do know this they don`t seem to get in any hurry on anything so be prepared to wait. Tom had said he was stopping the 4% orders off at 400 and right now maybe they have 20 or more orders ready to be picked up plus what they are selling at there dealership and they have only one finance manager per the sales manager Matthew. That guy is pretty busy right now I would say. The guy that took my money for the drop-ship deposit was Ryan Reed, he had told me he was a finance guy and he`s no longer there they told me when I tried to get in touch with him. I also tried to get in touch with Tom, Steven and Ashlie with no response from any of them. So after waiting all day ( 8 hours) Matthew Hille the sales manager returned my call on how the process was to going to work out. Good luck !!!

Last edited:

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right.
Holdback is 3% for Ford (on MSRP), and as you mention there are incentives for sales volume. In some distant past universe, I had a document from (I think) a court case where some of these numbers were disclosed. So the 3% holdback plus "PA doc fee" plus these unknown sales volume targets (which might be lower in 2021 due to robust auto sales/shortages) might put Chapman at close to break-even on 4% off invoice retail orders. But there's more...

Chapman's strategy here has been to generate higher allocations for stock orders which they plan on selling above MSRP -because the stock allocations are at least partially a function of the overall sales volume (including the retail orders). So, stay close to even on retail and rack in profits on stock orders....
As far as I can tell he killed it. He’s got a bunch listed.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ed's been great to work with. 4% under invoice on my build came out to about $2k off of MSRP, unheard of in this market.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The waiting game continues. Only about 10% of the orders through Chapman have been built/scheduled.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The waiting game continues. Only about 10% of the orders through Chapman have been built/scheduled.
That is pretty consistent with what we know of the overall number of orders vs manufactured units. Ford probably has 50k orders for the Maverick, Maybe more at this point. I think they have only made 5-7k builds. Also we only know of the chapman orders that people report here, some are likely not being reported. Unless someone at Chapman has given out their fulfilled/scheduled orders?

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine was built on 10/14.Chapman has been great so far. 3 hours round trip from my house. Worth every second of driving for the savings.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was built on 10/14.Chapman has been great so far. 3 hours round trip from my house. Worth every second of driving for the savings.
So you have taken delivery?
Sponsored