First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess all good things have to come to an end. People see what happens when someone complains a lot. Tom "THANKS" for what you have done so far for us already with a order with you.
You're right!
Next will be non-refundable deposits.
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Hi! i did! thank u so much!...ill provide this info anytime...

keep in mind they are going to build all of them at some point...

so far we have 19 scheduled...all 2.0 engines...

we have 30 to preview this week (assuming they dont shut down previewing this week for Maverick)...all the SIM orders (orders Ford fills the order bank with) are 2.0, but that doesnt mean they will only pull 2.0...

1 out of every 5 orders customers placed with me are 2.0...
Thanks Tom.
Not much hope there for us Hybrid buyers.
But I'm not surprised at all they are building the more profitable ones first; better for the Ford bottom line.

keebs159

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Frontier
I bet a lot of those deposit complainers never intended to actually take delivery... For the record, Tom, I have no problem providing a deposit for my order when necessary and I bet the same is true of most *real* orders on here. Sorry you guys are having to deal with that.

On the scheduling topic, though: you think the 49ish (give or take based on hybrids mixing in) 2.0s covers all your 2.0 retail orders?

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet a lot of those deposit complainers never intended to actually take delivery... For the record, Tom, I have no problem providing a deposit for my order when necessary and I bet the same is true of most *real* orders on here. Sorry you guys are having to deal with that.

On the scheduling topic, though: you think the 49ish (give or take based on hybrids mixing in) 2.0s covers all your 2.0 retail orders?
It’s amazing, really.
Tom and the folks at Chapman are offering not only heavily discounted pricing but also wiling provide a drop ship service for free.
Either pay the nonrefundable deposit so he get his truck back if you bail or purchase a plane ticket.

Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks Tom.
But I'm not surprised at all they are building the more profitable ones first; better for the Ford bottom line.
Not mine and it’s got every package on the
Lariat except First Edition along with moonroof and a full size spare 😂
So I can feel others pain. All part of the game.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Thanks Tom.
I don’t think it is a matter of more profitable first.

I think it is very much an issue of supply constraints combined with first run quality control efforts.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It’s amazing, really.
Tom and the folks at Chapman are offering not only heavily discounted pricing but also wiling provide a drop ship service for free.
Either pay the nonrefundable deposit so he get his truck back if you bail or purchase a plane ticket.
Totally totally agree, Tom and the folks at Chapman made buying with a good discount easy and painless. I get why they charge us the non-refundable deposit which is just covering the charge to ship the car back to PA if we decide not to buy it. The deposit gets deducted off the purchase price so it's not like it's costing us anything (providing we buy it). I'm not sure what people expect, Tom should take the hit if they decide not to buy? As someone else said the only way I wouldn't take delivery of the car is if it was damaged but that would be a totally different story that I'm sure Chapman and Ford would have to rectify. Same as if it came directly to Chapman if damaged.

I mean gosh, look at all the people that paid a non-refundable deposit for the privilege of paying MSRP or worse.

Last edited:

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don’t think it is a matter of more profitable first.

I think it is very much an issue of supply constraints combined with first run quality control efforts.
I think you are right, it's more a matter of supply. They are also going with what they have a long history with and that's the EB.

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

appreciate that….tbh it was a lot of the west coast peeps…shipping is like 2k and to put that up for a vehicle u never saw in person becomes the area of contention…if someone on here reads the threads, knows they want the vehicle, knows their spec, finds a drop ship dealer, understands the uship quote, understands why we are collecting a drop ship charge, i really don’t have an issue doing them…some have emailed me and I have ok’d it & extended the offer bc they did their homework & are nice to my peeps

Sponsored

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
appreciate that….tbh it was a lot of the west coast peeps…shipping is like 2k and to put that up for a vehicle u never saw in person becomes the area of contention…if someone on here reads the threads, knows they want the vehicle, knows their spec, finds a drop ship dealer, understands the uship quote, understands why we are collecting a drop ship charge, i really don’t have an issue doing them…some have emailed me and I have ok’d it & extended the offer bc they did their homework & are nice to my peeps
Bet your inbox just got fuller (y)

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone cancelling their orders over the drop ship deposit will regret their decision if they intend to buy a maverick anytime soon. I suspect you wont get MSRP for these if they are on dealer lots anytime soon. Ford might even end up raising the MSRP price due to inflation as well as shortages of various components.

When do we actually pay the shipping deposit and to who? Is that when the vehicle is scheduled for production?

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone cancelling their orders over the drop ship deposit will regret their decision if they intend to buy a maverick anytime soon. I suspect you wont get MSRP for these if they are on dealer lots anytime soon. Ford might even end up raising the MSRP price due to inflation as well as shortages of various components.

When do we actually pay the shipping deposit and to who? Is that when the vehicle is scheduled for production?
What I was told today by Steve: Once your vehicle is previewing in our system for the build week we will collect the charge. You can get a idea of what that will be by going to www.uship.com . That is the site we use to see what the cost of shipping could be. We check in real time since it changes occasionally.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Post the usernames of the people who think you should drop ship a truck you're liable for to a random dealer on the other side of the country without a deposit to get it back to your dealership if they flake so we can shame them

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
What I was told today by Steve: Once your vehicle is previewing in our system for the build week we will collect the charge. You can get a idea of what that will be by going to www.uship.com . That is the site we use to see what the cost of shipping could be. We check in real time since it changes occasionally.
So I checked the site and found a bunch of different amounts. Which one would you use to guess the rate they will use?
Sponsored