First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably but the better question is how many orders do they have and how many allocations can they get.

If they're up to say 500 orders and only get 10-15 Maverick Allocations per month, you're looking at years of waiting to save a few bucks. If you need a Maverick soon, you may need to search for dealer stock or order from a dealer with less total orders.
That's a good take. I have dealers more local than chapman but would be willing to use whomever provided they could get the truck sometime relatively soon.
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reached out to one more local to me and was told they had 40 pre-orders and it would be a 6-8 month wait. I'm hoping that I don't have to call every dealer within a 2 hour radius to see if I can find somewhere that I may have a theoretically shorter wait than having had my order in the queue for over 3 months already.

camarox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro, Spitfire, Camaro, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will post back here and let you know - just emailed them asking the same thing and what their current order/stock situation was.
Did you find out anything?

vvavepacket

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@NCbronco how did the license plate/tag and registration process went? Was that process handled by Chapman? Or your local dealer did it?

Was curious since Chapman from a different state so not sure if they can handle other state registration/title/tags stuff..

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay folks, I was able to go to my drop-ship dealer today and check out my Maverick there. Let me tell you something, I am loving it very much. It`s just what I was thinking it would be. Very happy with it. It had 12 miles on it and I put another 6 miles on it driving it around. Let me say it`s very quiet when it`s running and it`s very fast little truck. For the money spent it`s worth every bit. The general manager at the dealership wanted to buy it off me, he said he would give me sticker price on it. Of course I said NO. That dealership there add a $3500 market adjustment to the sticker price on all there vehicles. He could not believe that Chapman was selling them at 4% below invoice. Maybe I can bring it home sometime next week.

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg
How's the brightness of the 8" display when facing into bright sunshine??? I saw a video inside a Maverick during a drive a day or three back and I could barely tell that the display was on...

Sponsored

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How's the brightness of the 8" display when facing into bright sunshine??? I saw a video inside a Maverick during a drive a day or three back and I could barely tell that the display was on...
I have not experience that situation in my driving yet, so I can not tell you that it`s been a problem for me. Everything has been fine with Maverick so far.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@NCbronco how did the license plate/tag and registration process went? Was that process handled by Chapman? Or your local dealer did it?

Was curious since Chapman from a different state so not sure if they can handle other state registration/title/tags stuff..
I have not gotten my final paperwork back from Chapman yet to take to my local DMV office. I am doing that myself here. That`s the way I wanted to handle the registration process. You can have them to do it or your self.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whoops forgot about this! I was able to order @3% under.
Did you get an idea of how many orders they have that have been placed vs. built/shipped/delivered?

vvavepacket

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not gotten my final paperwork back from Chapman yet to take to my local DMV office. I am doing that myself here. That`s the way I wanted to handle the registration process. You can have them to do it or your self.
Curious how is this possible? I think before you take a vehicle out of dealer lot, it has to have a title and temporary tags figured out right?

Sponsored

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious how is this possible? I think before you take a vehicle out of dealer lot, it has to have a title and temporary tags figured out right?
I bought the Maverick from Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania and had it drop-ship to me in North Carolina. When it is delivered to you they send you the paperwork with a temporary tag and you send them the money for it with the sign paperwork back to them and they will release it to you to pick up and drive. Then they will send you the final paperwork to you to take to your local DMV to get the title and tag for it. Hope this helps you to understand how it worked out for me.

Last edited:

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They no longer offer drop shipping. You can use uship.com to set up delivery. As I've been told.

camarox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro, Spitfire, Camaro, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No idea - i didn't ask as i figured any new orders now will be in for a super long wait lol.
Gotcha well good luck. Maybe by spring!
Sponsored