First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked with my Chapman last Friday and they showed my Maverick was still on the rail car in Columbia, SC and they sent me a update this evening at 5:00pm and it still shows that it`s still on the rail car in Columbia, SC headed to my drop-ship dealer in Greensboro, NC. Only 189 miles away, So that rail car has not moved in a weeks time or more. It showed to be delivered to me by the 20th. per Ford shipping three weeks ago.
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked with my Chapman last Friday and they showed my Maverick was still on the rail car in Columbia, SC and they sent me a update this evening at 5:00pm and it still shows that it`s still on the rail car in Columbia, SC headed to my drop-ship dealer in Greensboro, NC. Only 189 miles away, So that rail car has not moved in a weeks time or more. It showed to be delivered to me by the 20th. per Ford shipping three weeks ago.
Would you be mad if someone found said railcar and liberated said maverick? Asking for a friend.

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would really like to know how all this whole process works out for you!
I have a Hybrid from Chapman coming to Raleigh - some time in the far future and my father in law has one coming to Wilmington NC. Thanks!

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would really like to know how all this whole process works out for you!
I have a Hybrid from Chapman coming to Raleigh - some time in the far future and my father in law has one coming to Wilmington NC. Thanks!
I will be sure and post how everything works out for me with Chapman.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay folks, Here is the start of the drop-ship process from Chapman. As of this morning around 9:00am est. my drop-ship dealer called me to inform me that my Maverick had been delivered to the dealership. He would get it in and do the PDI, State inspection and clean up done on it for me and wait on me for delivery. That`s what I am handling in this deal of the drop-ship process that Tom ask us to do. So around 10:00am I called the Chapman dealership to ask about what to do about picking up my Maverick from my drop-ship dealer and they told me that the finance department handles that part of the deal. So I ask the lady could I talk to that person and she told me they could not take any calls, that I would have to email the person that I was dealing with on the order and I told her it was Tom Borah ( Dealerinsider )
that gave me the price on the Maverick. She said get in touch with him. So about that same time of the day I sent him a email about how to proceed on picking up my Maverick at the drop-ship dealership. As of 4:30pm today I have not heard anything from Tom. I have called back to Chapman and ask what else I could do about picking up my Maverick today and they said someone would be back with me. Still nothing from anyone as me writing this statement . Lets go back to the first of this week when I called them to ask if I could get any paperwork done early on it so it wouldn`t take so long when it came in and they told me they couldn`t do anything till it arrived to the drop-ship dealer. Lady`s and Gentleman`s I don`t know what I have gotten my self into with this drop-ship process. I have done my part of the deal and sitting here waiting on Chapman`s part.

UPDATE : Just got a phone call from the sales manger Matthew Hille at 5:45pm telling me that they would get the paper work out to me in few days to sign and for me to mail all of it back to them with payment before they will release the vehicle to me. So it looks like I probably want get my Maverick till the middle of next week sometime. Boy this is not the way thought it would end up like.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had a tracker update showing mine has shipped. However, I still haven't heard from Chapman or my local CD person. No idea where this truck is even going.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had a tracker update showing mine has shipped. However, I still haven't heard from Chapman or my local CD person. No idea where this truck is even going.
Can you post a screenshot of your tracker?

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick list - 3% under invoice with @dealersider Screenshot_20211015-183404_Chrome

I had called Ford to confirm a while back that, despite showing Chapman, it did have my local dealer as the delivery location. Given the silence, I have no idea if it's still on track for local delivery or not. I'm gonna send another email....

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Okay folks, Here is the start of the drop-ship process from Chapman. As of this morning around 9:00am est. my drop-ship dealer called me to inform me that my Maverick had been delivered to the dealership. He would get it in and do the PDI, State inspection and clean up done on it for me and wait on me for delivery. That`s what I am handling in this deal of the drop-ship process that Tom ask us to do. So around 10:00am I called the Chapman dealership to ask about what to do about picking up my Maverick from my drop-ship dealer and they told me that the finance department handles that part of the deal. So I ask the lady could I talk to that person and she told me they could not take any calls, that I would have to email the person that I was dealing with on the order and I told her it was Tom Borah (The owner) that gave me the price on the Maverick. She said get in touch with him. So about that same time of the day I sent him a email about how to proceed on picking up my Maverick at the drop-ship dealership. As of 4:30pm today I have not heard anything from Tom. I have called back to Chapman and ask what else I could do about picking up my Maverick today and they said someone would be back with me. Still nothing from anyone as me writing this statement . Lets go back to the first of this week when I called them to ask if I could get any paperwork done early on it so it wouldn`t take so long when it came in and they told me they couldn`t do anything till it arrived to the drop-ship dealer. Lady`s and Gentleman`s I don`t know what I have gotten my self into with this drop-ship process. I have done my part of the deal and sitting here waiting on Chapman`s part.

UPDATE : Just got a phone call from the sales manger Matthew Hille at 5:45pm telling me that they would get the paper work out to me in few days to sign and for me to mail all of it back to them with payment before they will release the vehicle to me. So it looks like I probably want get my Maverick till the middle of next week sometime. Boy this is not the way thought it would end up like.
DAMN!!!! I am so sorry to hear you are going through all this crap. I made the decision NOT to drop ship for some reason and canceled that part. Made the decision to go up to Horsham PA and get it myself. After hearing this, I am sooooo glad I did.

Hang in there as it has to get better, I hope. I would call Tom, Steven (Sales Manager I thought) or Ashlie Ryan and tell them this needs to get fixed right away.

Side note, you should have included Tom in your post above by typing his call sign.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DAMN!!!! I am so sorry to hear you are going through all this crap. I made the decision NOT to drop ship for some reason and canceled that part. Made the decision to go up to Horsham PA and get it myself. After hearing this, I am sooooo glad I did.

Hang in there as it has to get better, I hope. I would call Tom, Steven (Sales Manager I thought) or Ashlie Ryan and tell them this needs to get fixed right away.

Side note, you should have included Tom in your post above by typing his call sign.
You know really I am not angry about all of this, just upset that they would not let me do some of the paperwork ahead of it getting here to me and not calling me back in a timely manner. I just sit here all day waiting to hear from them. Of course when the sales manager did call me his first words he told me was like the rest of the country right now is that they are shorthanded and not enough people to return calls. I am not trying to bad-mouth Chapman just telling everyone that has ordered with the drop-ship option what to expect. I guess I am the first to get there`s from Chapman with drop-ship here and wanting to help everyone else that`s going this way. When it all comes down to it I am still saving nearly $5,000 from buying with Chapman vs. my local dealership. You can`t be mad about that for sure. Like my wife said it`s just a little more wait and we at least have a Maverick now. Happy about this, I explain the situation to my drop-ship dealer and he told us to come on to the dealership and check it out and drive it around some today. My drop-ship guy has been a super nice person about this whole process and I only owe him $200. That`s worth that to only drive 18 miles to pick it up. Good luck to all the other drop-ship customers.

Sponsored

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
You know really I am not angry about all of this, just upset that they would not let me do some of the paperwork ahead of it getting here to me and not calling me back in a timely manner. I just sit here all day waiting to hear from them. Of course when the sales manager did call me his first words he told me was like the rest of the country right now is that they are shorthanded and not enough people to return calls. I am not trying to bad-mouth Chapman just telling everyone that has ordered with the drop-ship option what to expect. I guess I am the first to get there`s from Chapman with drop-ship here and wanting to help everyone else that`s going this way. When it all comes down to it I am still saving nearly $5,000 from buying with Chapman vs. my local dealership. You can`t be mad about that for sure. Like my wife said it`s just a little more wait and we at least have a Maverick now. Happy about this, I explain the situation to my drop-ship dealer and he told us to come on to the dealership and check it out and drive it around some today. My drop-ship guy has been a super nice person about this whole process and I only owe him $200. That`s worth that to only drive 18 miles to pick it up. Good luck to all the other drop-ship customers.
Sucks hearing you have to go through this. I’m canceling my order with them today. Found a EB 2 hours away from me and put the deposit on it and going to dealer soon to pick it up

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Sucks hearing you have to go through this. I’m canceling my order with them today. Found a EB 2 hours away from me and put the deposit on it and going to dealer soon to pick it up
Looking forward to pics and details. Good luck!

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please don’t do it because on what I said. I was just explaining how everything went with me. It’s not that bad. I was just wanting to pick it up yesterday and I couldn’t. Sorry for you.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Please don’t do it because on what I said. I was just explaining how everything went with me. It’s not that bad. I was just wanting to pick it up yesterday and I couldn’t. Sorry for you.
Nothing that you said. Just need to get into a truck asap.