Sponsored

Offer from Dealership trade in 2022 for 2023 is it worth it?

futzelman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford XLT Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi everyone I wonder what you think about this offer...now let me just say that the offer I received through email is assuming I have an XL which I do not, I have an XLE...anyways just assume the relationship between additional cost and valuation remains the same. Below I copied the excerpt from the offer sorryfor the blurr but in essence:
My 2022 is valued at 25,072 and I can get a new 2023 car for additional 842$ plus title and license fee...is it worth it???

Ford Maverick Offer from Dealership trade in 2022 for 2023 is it worth it? 1679510041061
Sponsored

awc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AWC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a winner to me. Have been thinking about doing the same thing!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's just a typical dealership mailer offer to get you in. I'd be surprised if they actually have an XL on lot that they are selling for below MSRP (an absolutely barebones XL AWD is $26,410).

OP
OP

futzelman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford XLT Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming the 2023 model is exactly the same as the 2022...then the only difference is that I will gain one year of warranty and a slightly newer car...

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's a pretty good deal. I know a lot of people have had luck selling them privately for more than original MSRP so you could walk out owing nothing. Did you pay cash or finance? If you financed, you will lose any good finance rates when you get the new one.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a no brainer, but you mentioned you have an XLT, so do you want to drop back to an XL? If you do, then you should get money from the dealer, not pay a dime. I just sold my 22 XLT FX4 EB for $3K above MSRP and it had over 4K miles on it and I SOLD IT TO A DEALER.

OP
OP

futzelman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford XLT Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid off my XLT and would not want to go to the XL...However I still don't know why it is worth paying about 1K plus excise tax on a new car (here is MA its substantial and drps quickly when the vehicle gets older) in exchange for what is essentially the same car but for an additional year on warranty?

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid off my XLT and would not want to go to the XL...However I still don't know why it is worth paying about 1K plus excise tax on a new car (here is MA its substantial and drps quickly when the vehicle gets older) in exchange for what is essentially the same car but for an additional year on warranty?
What dealership is this?

I guess I view the message you received as a come-on that won't be real when you get there. If you want to talk about trading XLT-to-XLT, then the offered deal is out the window anyway. Plus, you'll have to pay close attention to the content changes Ford made from MY22 to MY23.

I'd keep what you have and buy an extended service plan for it. I got the Premium (?) plan for mine a few weeks ago, mostly because it's a first-year model. As someone already noted, the cost of the warranty is close to the additional cost of the deal offered and will give you longer, more comprehensive coverage depending on what fits your needs.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone I wonder what you think about this offer...now let me just say that the offer I received through email is assuming I have an XL which I do not, I have an XLE...anyways just assume the relationship between additional cost and valuation remains the same. Below I copied the excerpt from the offer sorryfor the blurr but in essence:
My 2022 is valued at 25,072 and I can get a new 2023 car for additional 842$ plus title and license fee...is it worth it???

1679510041061.png
Ask yourself...if you finance is there a difference in rates between what you have on the 2022 and what you will get today (FED just raised rates .05 today)and have you had a lot of issues with your Maverick to justify moving on since no one has any idea if the 2023 are better built then the 2022.

Sponsored

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. I get these from time to time, and I believe this was auto-generated. I do not believe for a second that they have a 2023 XL on their lot and went "wait a minute, before we shine this up and put it on the front lot, let's review our recent customers to make sure we didn't sell an older Maverick recently and see if they wanna upgrade!" Promise you that did not happen. If you had bought a 2021 or 2022 Ford F-150, you'd have gotten an email inviting you to try the new F-150 Lightning and you'd "only pay $14,000 more" for a "premium, no emissions vehicle!"

I could be wrong, but...
nah.

OP
OP

futzelman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford XLT Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks everyone...I am not worried about financing because I own the vehicle but the comment about buying extended warranty instead makes a lot of sense because that is truly the only benefit of acquiring the 2023 model since the vehicle is the same as the 2022 model! thanks for everyone's comments.
Sponsored