Noticed a few ads from Ford dealers with Mavericks on lot

LIMav

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat on order
I noticed and ad this morning online from ford (probably since I spend so much time on their site). A few dealers in a 50 mile radius are advertising dealer inventory.
So I headed on down to my dealer and low and behold a Area 51 XLT on the pad in front of the dealer.

So I go in and talk to my sales guy and he asks if I want to test drive it. Now mind you I ordered a Lariat Hybrid with lux package without moon roof.
First impressions were good. It's stocky without being oversized but no surprise there. Overall I really liked it but know I will like what I ordered better.

My only general complaint is the infotainment screen in the center stack. OK sized I guess, but from where I like to sit, (6'3" 235 lbs and long legs) I feel like I am looking down on it. I'll have to play with the seat adjustment and see if I can get it better.

Sounds petty but I have had screens in my vehicles for 8+ years now and I am used to it. My Fusion Energi screen is slightly angled back so it's easy for me to see at a glance. Plus I agree with some or most that that cubby next to the screen is useless and kind of annoying. I also noticed no lock on glove box. I'll kind a miss this as when I have to park in sketchy areas I feel better when the glove box is locked or when I have to use valet parking.

Well I left the dealer after asking if there is any updated on my order and no love yet. Not scheduled for prod yet. I am hoping that changes in November so I can get it in December, maybe January. He did offer to sell me this one but at $1500 over MSRP. My order will be sold to me at the quoted price if I wait.
Forgot to snap a pics of the test drive unit...sorry. But it's not like you all haven't seen one already.
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed and ad this morning online from ford (probably since I spend so much time on their site). A few dealers in a 50 mile radius are advertising dealer inventory.
So I headed on down to my dealer and low and behold a Area 51 XLT on the pad in front of the dealer.

So I go in and talk to my sales guy and he asks if I want to test drive it. Now mind you I ordered a Lariat Hybrid with lux package without moon roof.
First impressions were good. It's stocky without being oversized but no surprise there. Overall I really liked it but know I will like what I ordered better.

My only general complaint is the infotainment screen in the center stack. OK sized I guess, but from where I like to sit, (6'3" 235 lbs and long legs) I feel like I am looking down on it. I'll have to play with the seat adjustment and see if I can get it better.

Sounds petty but I have had screens in my vehicles for 8+ years now and I am used to it. My Fusion Energi screen is slightly angled back so it's easy for me to see at a glance. Plus I agree with some or most that that cubby next to the screen is useless and kind of annoying. I also noticed no lock on glove box. I'll kind a miss this as when I have to park in sketchy areas I feel better when the glove box is locked or when I have to use valet parking.

Well I left the dealer after asking if there is any updated on my order and no love yet. Not scheduled for prod yet. I am hoping that changes in November so I can get it in December, maybe January. He did offer to sell me this one but at $1500 over MSRP. My order will be sold to me at the quoted price if I wait.
Forgot to snap a pics of the test drive unit...sorry. But it's not like you all haven't seen one already.
You're right about the screen for someone that sits a little higher up, it is definitely an odd angle. I suspect it is due to a combination of a lower quality/resolution screen (would be bad in full sun), and just having to be set at a generically viewable angle for most drivers. A better screen would be ok to put further out and better seated into the dash, assuming some sunlight wouldn't wash it out. I'm sure the sync 3 screen is at least slightly better in this regard.

OLD guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're right about the screen for someone that sits a little higher up, it is definitely an odd angle. I suspect it is due to a combination of a lower quality/resolution screen (would be bad in full sun), and just having to be set at a generically viewable angle for most drivers. A better screen would be ok to put further out and better seated into the dash, assuming some sunlight wouldn't wash it out. I'm sure the sync 3 screen is at least slightly better in this regard.
I ordered an XLT Hybrid that i won’t see till next year but they invited me in to test drive an ecoboost,when I was done they offered it at 3000 over sticker
Ill wait

OLD guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XLT Hybrid that i won’t see till next year but they invited me in to test drive an ecoboost,when I was done they offered it at 3000 over sticker
Ill wait
Story update, I started my order on Sept 15, and went in about every 2 weeks, to check or adjust something based on all the help I found, On Nov 30th I asked to get a printed sales order, they said sure "Tomorrow". Dec 2 When I went to pick it up they said "sorry all Maverick orders have been cancelled all the way back to July."
I called Ford corporate, and Eventually found no order was ever placed. 6 months of waiting for nothing, and the window had closed for Hybrid orders.
I could no t transfer my order to someone else because it never existed.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Story update, I started my order on Sept 15, and went in about every 2 weeks, to check or adjust something based on all the help I found, On Nov 30th I asked to get a printed sales order, they said sure "Tomorrow". Dec 2 When I went to pick it up they said "sorry all Maverick orders have been cancelled all the way back to July."
I called Ford corporate, and Eventually found no order was ever placed. 6 months of waiting for nothing, and the window had closed for Hybrid orders.
Wow. Did you give them your drivers license information and a deposit? I would be calling them out.

Sponsored

OLD guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. Did you give them your drivers license information and a deposit? I would be calling them out.
I reported them to Ford and got a conference call to see what they did with my signed order and License. The order only existed on the screen, and was on hold an never placed
Ford could see it ,It was a Wrist slap

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like dealer tricks again…

For the benefit of your friends here, please identify the Dealer Name so others can avoid a similar fate.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I reported them to Ford and got a conference call to see what they did with my signed order and License. The order only existed on the screen, and was on hold an never placed
Ford could see it ,It was a Wrist slap
WOW, they get a wrist slap & you get the knee in the groin award, I wonder how many others they did it too. Find a reliable dealer to order your MY23 from, but then we will know who the good & bad dealers are.

Nighthawk-1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
knighthawk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ill wait
Some local dealers are marking up 7 to 10,000 dollars over msrp

OLD guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I started over , With a new dealer, and I have been keeping my expectation low.
They invited me in before the reopening, Took my License and my deposit , had me sign an agreement .It was blank , but did say MSRP on the price.
Red this time, XLT ,Lux and Black package.
The next day when the banks opened I actually got an Email from Ford, that me order was confirmed.45 days later another letter saying they would contact me every 45 days with an update letter. I have no searchable number to check. Does this sound typical?
Sponsored