Sponsored

Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community?

OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks man. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine!
cjholmes & STARCOMMTREY1
Nice exchange gentlemen...
We hope you both get back into new Mavericks and soon.
Be well - ✔🇺🇸
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw my first one in the wild in NoVA. Though I’m pretty sure the reason I’m not seeing too many around here is they all have $9k mark ups. 😡
Valid point and one that has not really been discussed....
The ADM has been covered but the real $$$$ may well scare many away especially at the number you mentioned. Good luck with the Maverick spotting 🇺🇸

Icatchshrimp

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
I saw 2 prior to me taking delivery, they weren't Hybrids. Today as I was coming home I look over to merge and to my surprise, an Area 51 Hybrid XLT was suddenly right beside me. She looked at me, looking at her and we both, nodded and smiled while we crossed lanes to take our exits. I know it sounds silly but it was cool...to see another Hybrid right next to me
How can you tell weather it’s hybrid or eco boost? Is there a decal or something

OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How can you tell weather it’s hybrid or eco boost? Is there a decal or something
Yes
The Hybrid models have a small metal tag on the tailgate - left side ... HYBRID is in blue I believe. Eco boost has no tag on tailgate. AWD is shown for Eco boost units with this option.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I've only seen one other Maverick in the wild so far. I of course had to park next to it and take a photo. But I also get asked questions a lot about it, find people walking around it looking at it when I come out of the store etc. It's an attention getter. And women really like it too so that may be helpful for those of us who are single. 😄

mav.jpg
Great pic! Hey just another reason why the Maverick is awesome, you could potentially find your soulmate ;) Thanks for the support!

Sponsored

MtnMn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw my second one this morning in Eastern NC. I live right off of I-95 so I'm sure they were just passing through. But it gave me hope that they do exist in places other than our order forms :LOL:

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Yes on the left side of the tailgate is a Hybrid badge

Ford Maverick Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community? 20220103_191547

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been lucky to see 4 Mavericks in the wild . . . but unlucky to see one in my garage. All 4 were Eco boost. 3 were Area 51 with the remaining being Black. All were XL or XLT models. I grabbed this photo to show the relevant size of some SUVs parked next to it. Hope this helps somebody who hasn't seen a Maverick.
Ford Maverick Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community? Maverick 01-12

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm actually really glad to have only seen 1 in the wild. When they're at the dealer, it still feels like "oh cool, a show car". If they were all over the road while I keep waiting for mine to come it would be like salt in the wound every time

OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm actually really glad to have only seen 1 in the wild. When they're at the dealer, it still feels like "oh cool, a show car". If they were all over the road while I keep waiting for mine to come it would be like salt in the wound every time
Fully understand your reasoning.... outta site outta mind. ✔

Sponsored

NoMavyYet

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f250 2002 Ranger
Haven’t Seen any yet, city of 50kish local dealer has only had one come in in November,
Somehow my dad has seen 2
Must be the difference between working days and nights
finally saw one last night!!!
xl cactus gray ohhhhhh did it look good, turned around caught up to it just to give it a look over, headlights look bright

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Only other ones I’ve seen in NH so far besides mine (ox white) were the one I test drove (shadow black) and the charcoal grey one I went to put a deposit on that another guy already claimed minutes after I got off the phone with the internet rep scheduling my test drive - he and I picked ours up at the same time (after looking at them parked side by side, I grew to like the ox white even better)
Nobody other than neighbors have asked me about it, but I’ve had people gawking/taking pics in parking lots

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at my local dealership and they're saying my Hybrid is the first Maverick they've received or sold and it got off the truck yesterday. So I guess I'm gonna be the first guy out here 'representing' so to speak.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes
The Hybrid models have a small metal tag on the tailgate - left side ... HYBRID is in blue I believe. Eco boost has no tag on tailgate. AWD is shown for Eco boost units with this option.
Unless, like me, one removes the “hybrid” tag. Along with dealer ad, stickers on visors, etc.
“We don’t need no stinkin’ badges!”

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I have only seen 1 Mav here around Phoenix so far, which I am a little surprised by since I know my dealer alone has sold a number of them so far. But I do live in Scottsdale, so it's more likely to see $300,000 dollar cars than $30,000.
I've seen 2 in the Gilbert area. A white one and one velocity blue, both FX4. The last time I was in Scottsdale, I saw an Aventador and a Bentayga in less than half a mile of each other. You're more likely to see a $500K car than a $30K car.
Sponsored