Sponsored

Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community?

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have only seen 1 Mav here around Phoenix so far, which I am a little surprised by since I know my dealer alone has sold a number of them so far. But I do live in Scottsdale, so it's more likely to see $300,000 dollar cars than $30,000.
Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
I have seen a few at the dealer, and one on the road today. It was a XL Work truck for the local energy Co.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a Carbonized Gray XLT Hybrid that parks on a busy street in my town. Started seeing it just before Christmas and now I'm always looking for it when I drive by.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw my first one last Thursday. Right next to me and I didn't realize it until it moved past me. Shadow black. I live in a city of about 20,000.

kpomeraning

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav on order, '17 Focus, '16 Focus, '09 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My son has seen three - a white one for someone who works at Summa Hospital, a red one out on the road around Kent, and a grey one in Cuyahoga Falls.

Sponsored

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

BE07DBC5-6232-441E-A64B-147B36DD5116.jpeg
FF0F1158-65A1-47EB-A482-82C6D17C0A22.jpeg
D16EE8AE-E1A6-4159-9FB1-13DB9FD71069.jpeg

So we live in a mid sized city in a populous state with 5 Ford dealers within 30 miles of each other but I have only seen 7 actual rigs and only at the dealers.
Today I spotted this fresh off the truck Hybrid Lariat at a dealer awaiting its prep time... first eyes on a Lariat and hybrid for me personally. Never have seen a truck out on the road. I have seen and touched an XL, XLT, AWD and now this white Lariat. Like I said 7 total in the mix.
I am a car/truck guy and can spot vehicles way off........ just not seeing many yet. I know they are being built and sold but it’s odd for me not to see someone out showing their new truck off 🤔
I feel deprived...., yet hopeful when deliveries ramp up. ✔🇺🇸
I live in moderately sized town in Central Texas and actually have seen both a Santa Cruz and Maverick. The Maverick lives 2 doors down from me on my street. Apart from that, nothing. The Ford dealer I purchased from has only seen two, mine and one that they had to deliver to Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown for an Austin resident. From what I can gather, Austin Texas has been buying these up like crazy. Still...I'm the only one I've seen on the highways thus far. I commute daily to Waco. To and from, that's 90 miles. No mavericks......except for the one in my garage door or at the neighbors.

Last edited:

MO Maverick

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
I have had probably 5 people ask/talk to me about mine since I picked it up in October. The first person was within 5 minutes of leaving the dealership in a nearby gas station whilst putting on the temporary plate the dealer forgot to put on.

I’ve seen around 4 or 5 driving around town during my morning commute but haven’t been able to ask them their story of getting theirs.

_zzz_

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've seen a Rivian in my neighbourhood in flower mound, Texas. But no maverick! :(

Sponsored

NoMavyYet

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f250 2002 Ranger
Haven’t Seen any yet, city of 50kish local dealer has only had one come in in November,
Somehow my dad has seen 2
Must be the difference between working days and nights

Arcenannie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a alto blue pulling a boat headed toward Salorville Lake in Iowa just before Xmas. Saw a v blue on the lot a week after I ordered early November. Pretty, but bare for options it was. Saw a Santa Cruz in Indianola, IA last week. But boy, sure see a lot of f150's out there!

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have 1 Ford dealer in our town of 14k people 30k people is you count the outskirt areas that are not actually annexed into the cit.

I picked up my white hybrid xlt basic truck 12/16. Dealer said the door panel had 2 scratches on it so they ordered a new one. It really wasn't that bad but hey. Today 1/10 I take it in for the new panel install. While driving under the long service awning I stop and look in my mirror only to find a Maverick pulling in behind me. It was a hybrid XL. That was the first one I have seen in my town. I talked to the owner who got it from a Dealer in a town 26 miles away. Did not find out what he was getting done. He did say it was his commuter truck. He is a doctor that works for our town's only hospital.
That's it, the only other one I have seen.

Last edited:

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never seen another Maverick in the wild, and I have never noticed anyone giving mine a second look.
Sponsored