First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought and installed a blinking third brake light on my truck. It causes that third brake light to rapidly pulse or flash upon braking (before remaining solid).

It is supposed to attract the attention of the distracted driver behind you, that you are decelerating. The one I have was purchased from the Kahtec.com web site. This is the 3rd vehicle I have installed this on. The first one was a 2010 Ford Fusion. No rear end collisions so far - knock on wood.
Did this cause any electrical issues with the Maverick?
Sponsored

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take a look in British Columbia Canada where it is illegal too drive and talk on a cell phone for anyone. You are not even aloud to have any electronic device in your hands while you drive. The police watch very closely and the fines are high.
along with a fine, I am a firm believer of confiscating their phone too…..if you use a gun to commit a felony, they take away the gun immediately right?

gaken

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot 🌶 Pepper Red Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did this cause any electrical issues with the Maverick?

Not for me on any of the three vehicles I had them installed on (2004 Focus, 2010 Fusion Hybrid and Maverick Hybrid). Didn’t have issues with it either.

I used the same brand each time.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine got backed into in a parking lot , only front damage :)

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is pretty much nothing one can do to prevent a distracted driver from rear-ending your vehicle. My 2014 Wrangler has aftermarket LED taillights, the spare tire ring brake light, the 3rd brake light, red halo brake lights on the rear-facing cubes, and the 18" Putco blade light bar on the tailgate and I still got rear-ended by someone who didn't see me stopped waiting to make a left turn.

Since the Jeep is lifted 1" in the rear, her car, which was nose-down under hard braking, went underneath and limited the damage to a slightly bent tailgate, bent right side cube light bracket, and slightly bent rear bumper. Her car was totaled. I showed the responding cop my brake lights and he just shook his head.

20200617_113128.jpg
Possibly the other driver was blinded by the lights. Like a deer.

Sponsored

MWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad everyone was safe.

How did you find another so fast?

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are people just staring at the tailgate too much to notice the brakelights? Are they thinking the truck is super far away because it's 'so small'? There's been way too many rear-end hits...
Looking at the picture, I would say this was a side swipe. Looks like the hit started near the center of the rear passenger door and progressed rearward, removing the rear fender in the process (appears to be in the bed).

Erwin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live at the end of a one mile long gravel road. The cactus or camo would have been the safer choice. But I figured that this is probably the last truck I will own so I said "What the hell, I'm getting the velocity blue. I'm retired so I have the time to hose the dust off occasionally.
Sponsored