First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone on another thread here is looking for some windows. I wonder if they can parts out the totaled Maverick.
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@ajfrommichigan, I think you best not blame your wife. We all "know" it was you! Glad the family is safe no matter if the wife drove (wink, wink).

Also glad you found another at MSRP.

Now, can I get one of those FX4 wheels from ya? Need a fifth for my spare!

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you are Exactly correct. Folks now days think they have to read/reply/send every text message and email and looking/posting everything on Facebook/Twitter and all the other social media sites instead of paying attention driving. The level of carelessness driving has just gotten pathetic.
Maybe the driver who hit the OP's family was 'so' excited in seeing a Maverick on the road, that they crashed into them while trying to get their cell phone out to snap a photo of it?

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder if part of the problem is with people getting close to see what kind of truck they are seeing. ;) Hey, neat truck, what is that?? The stamped maverick letters from the factory are not easy to read. I have the black letters on my cactus gray and have not been rear-ended!! I suppose one may be too small of sample size to say........:unsure::unsure::)

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided
Can you possibly explain the cactus gray Maverick having no rear quarter panel. Who stole it ?
Also appears the area 51 replacement does not have the FX4 off road pkg.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why do other cars hate the rear end of these Mavericks. :)

Glad everyone is ok and good score on the MSRP Maverick!
They can't stop staring long enough to remember the brake pedal!

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think rear end hits are just more common now-a-days due to people being unable to put their phones down while driving and plowing into the person in front of them
Yes correct hate to say it but all cars should have emergency stop tech.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder if part of the problem is with people getting close to see what kind of truck they are seeing. ;) Hey, neat truck, what is that?? The stamped maverick letters from the factory are not easy to read. I have the black letters on my cactus gray and have not been rear-ended!! I suppose one may be too small of sample size to say........:unsure::unsure::)
I thought the same thing!

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad your family is okay and really seem to be taking it all well. Vehicles can br replaced and people cannot.

OP
OP
First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick & 2021 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ALL !

Thanks for the well wishes !

What happened is my wife was on a 2 lane country road doing around 55 and a car started to veer into her lane for long enough where she honked multiple times (kids distinctly remember this) ... she then was faced with either a head on collision, trees off road passenger side or for her to enter the now clear oncoming lane (as the guy was now in her lane) . She chose to enter the oncoming lane and when the driver realized what he was doing (22 YO we think on a phone ) he quickly jerked back into "his lane" and the front end of his truck caught the back end of ours.

He noted to the officer that there was a deer (1pm in the afternoon) but no one would choose to stay in an oncoming lane over a deer and not for that long...

Driver got a ticket for crossing the double yellow, truck was destroyed but the fam was safe...

We are also blessed to have found another maverick so quickly... but we are already missing the FX4 look and luxury package interior (I am installing heated seats for the wife this weekend and we will see how that goes)

I think I'll be ordering another in the config that we want then sell this one but until then we are happy!

Cheers !

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick & 2021 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you possibly explain the cactus gray Maverick having no rear quarter panel. Who stole it ?
Ford Maverick Not my wife.... totaled our Maverick 1.0 but we tracked down another ! IMG_0640

just got ripped off(see post below on what happened) ... and I wanted the Fx4 but beggars cannot be choosers !

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Glad everyone was OK and air bags functioned. Also, good you found another Mav at MSRP. Must admit I totally understand hating to lose the Cactus Gray: It is my color choice and I love it. Area 51 is also nice, and you now again have one very nice truck! Happy Mavericking. Stay safe!!

Not sure I would let my wife see the title of this thread. Wife totaled our Maverick?? She may just say she was driving it when it happened!:unsure::)
Funny, I had the same thought! Not her fault, so let’s not say “wife totaled” your truck!

Glad you found a new one, though. Good luck with this one.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would have maybe fought to keep the salvage rights to the Cactus Gray, as so many good parts remaining. (Although insurance companies hate to do that.)

If you had the inclination, you probably could do a good business parting it out… although you’d have to wait until more Mavs got on the road (and wrecked) to make it profitable.

gaken

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot 🌶 Pepper Red Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought and installed a blinking third brake light on my truck. It causes that third brake light to rapidly pulse or flash upon braking (before remaining solid).

It is supposed to attract the attention of the distracted driver behind you, that you are decelerating. The one I have was purchased from the Kahtec.com web site. This is the 3rd vehicle I have installed this on. The first one was a 2010 Ford Fusion. No rear end collisions so far - knock on wood.

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should have added the locking rear quarter panel option.
Sponsored