First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick & 2021 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well the maverick did well in a crash ... my wife a 2 kids were in an accident (actually when I was away on business)

All the airbags went off and the kids said the worst part about the accident was the smell from the curtain airbags ... so all are totally fine ! (it wasn't her fault)

Truck was totaled but I was able to track down another AWD in Nashville from a friend, in less than 2 weeks and only paid sticker !

We are a little bummed to loose the Cactus ... but the Area 51 will need to do :)

Happy the family is once again rocking the road in a safe vehicle!

Ford Maverick Not my wife.... totaled our Maverick 1.0 but we tracked down another ! tempImageSgSEsI

Ford Maverick Not my wife.... totaled our Maverick 1.0 but we tracked down another ! IMG_4319 2
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad everyone was OK and air bags functioned. Also, good you found another Mav at MSRP. Must admit I totally understand hating to lose the Cactus Gray: It is my color choice and I love it. Area 51 is also nice, and you now again have one very nice truck! Happy Mavericking. Stay safe!!

Not sure I would let my wife see the title of this thread. Wife totaled our Maverick?? She may just say she was driving it when it happened!:unsure::)

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for your loss, but happy that your family is safe.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why do other cars hate the rear end of these Mavericks. :)

Glad everyone is ok and good score on the MSRP Maverick!

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are people just staring at the tailgate too much to notice the brakelights? Are they thinking the truck is super far away because it's 'so small'? There's been way too many rear-end hits...

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are people just staring at the tailgate too much to notice the brakelights? Are they thinking the truck is super far away because it's 'so small'? There's been way too many rear-end hits...
Are people really convinced that Mavericks are rear-ended significantly more frequently than other models of vehicles?

They happen all day, every day, everywhere in the country on the planet, with every make, model, class of vehicle you can imagine, you just never hear of the vast majority of them, because you're not following every forum imaginable, including trucker forums...

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think rear end hits are just more common now-a-days due to people being unable to put their phones down while driving and plowing into the person in front of them

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think rear end hits are just more common now-a-days due to people being unable to put their phones down while driving and plowing into the person in front of them
Exactly, here in Virginia most cars I drive by have some idiot driver with their phone in hand texting or doing something stupid. It's amazing how addicted to phones people are, young, old, doesn't matter. The world is full of idiots.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me, it is a little hard to tell if this was a rear end collision from this picture. It may have been a side swipe starting at the back door, removing the back quarter panel and proceeding to get the rear bumper and tailgate. Maybe OP can tell us??

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you are Exactly correct. Folks now days think they have to read/reply/send every text message and email and looking/posting everything on Facebook/Twitter and all the other social media sites instead of paying attention driving. The level of carelessness driving has just gotten pathetic.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well the maverick did well in a crash ... my wife a 2 kids were in an accident (actually when I was away on business)

All the airbags went off and the kids said the worst part about the accident was the smell from the curtain airbags ... so all are totally fine ! (it wasn't her fault)

Truck was totaled but I was able to track down another AWD in Nashville from a friend, in less than 2 weeks and only paid sticker !

We are a little bummed to loose the Cactus ... but the Area 51 will need to do :)

Happy the family is once again rocking the road in a safe vehicle!

tempImageSgSEsI.png

IMG_4319 2.jpg
The only thing that matters is your wife and munchkins are safe. You already got your best Christmas present.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the protection of this man, someone edit the title to remove the blame from his wife!

Glad everyone is okay and everything worked out. But don't leave this open on your computer with your wife around... :oops:

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm very happy your family is OK. Vehicles are replaced every day.

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well... Technically for every rear end hit, there is a front end hit as well... so I guess it all equals out, lol.
Sponsored