2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi,
Does anyone have pictures or feedback of non-leather wrapped steering wheel? What does it feel like? I have leather wrapped steering wheels for past 3 cars and not sure what's the non-leather wrapped steering wheel is like.

I have ordered XLT without lux package and now second guessing myself.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
The XLT lux package comes with a leather wrapped wheel.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Ahhhh, I wondered if that’s what you meant. I don’t recall seeing any real pics of the base wheel in an actual Maverick but I’m sure if you Google the Bronco Sport wheel, it’s the same. Having owned both recently, I think I prefer the feel of the base wheel but most would probably disagree. It’s certainly not worth paying for the lux package just for that wheel. You’ll be able to pick one up for a couple hundred bucks most likely and they are typically a very easy swap.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The urethane steering wheel is hard and comfortable at the same time. I have one in my 2018 XL F-150 and really after the first few weeks you really don't notice. It is grippy and non reflective. You can always get a leather wrap.

Sponsored

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Fun Fact"
There are several vegans on other Forums I belong to that go crazy about leather wrapped ANYTHING, some even claim it makes them I'll to even set on a leather seat OR touch a leather wrapped steering wheel! o_O

jdsegra

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick; XLT 4K Tow; Iconic Silver
I think the XLT I test drove had the lux package, but the one XLT that I found to buy did not. I noticed it immediately. I think I will be getting a wrap.

OP
OP

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the XLT I test drove had the lux package, but the one XLT that I found to buy did not. I noticed it immediately. I think I will be getting a wrap.
I ended up changing my order from xlt to lariat to get few other options as well.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Coming from a car with a leather wrapped wheel it was very noticeable and didn’t feel very good. It’s hard but I guess has enough grip. At 12 o’clock on the back side of the wheel I can feel the sharp little knob where it was cut out of the mold which adds to the cheap feeling.

Since having it for over a month I’ve gotten used to it and it doesn’t bother me as much now. I still might look into getting it professionally wrapped. I don’t think the diy wrap and sew kits look that great.

Sponsored

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just use a thin leather steering wheel cover on current car as to not bulk it up too much.

I sat in an XL and the steering wheel didnt feel too bad to me.
Sponsored