Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After a chat with SiriusXM customer service, I was informed that the 3 month free trial, mentioned in the brochure I found in my glove box, does not apply to their streaming service. Unless your Maverick has SiriusXM capability built in (the base radio does not), you cannot get a free 3 month trial.
I may try again later with a different customer service rep, since they are known to be somewhat flexible on their pricing; as of now I'm a bit annoyed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are pretty easy about the pricing. I call up once a year and simply say "I saw the promo on your website and I'd like that applied to my account" and they just do it. Otherwise you're paying like $22/month

They've got a 3 months for $1 promo for the streaming for new subscribers.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AFAIK the streaming comes with or after you have a regular subscription as a perk. Streaming never works as good as the real XM radio, depending on your cell carriers coverage and other issues including your phone..

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a chat with SiriusXM customer service, I was informed that the 3 month free trial, mentioned in the brochure I found in my glove box, does not apply to their streaming service. Unless your Maverick has SiriusXM capability built in (the base radio does not), you cannot get a free 3 month trial.
I may try again later with a different customer service rep, since they are known to be somewhat flexible on their pricing; as of now I'm a bit annoyed.
Great news on no Sirius. When I bought 2018 Frontier it came with 3 mo free trial. For two years I got phone calls and at least one offer in mail to sign up/ extend trial / etc,etc,etc. They probably spent $150 or more trying. I almost didn't buy maverick for fear of this again!🤔

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I've never paid full price for SiriusXM ever. I always call in and if they give me any flack I just tell them to cancel. I've only had one time that I actually had to cancel. I didn't have service for 24 hours and then signed up again and got the promo. I usually get the annual promo for $5.00 per month, though I did notice now they are doing $5.99 I guess they are trying to squeeze those promo plans too.
Sponsored