First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just realized something, and it has me bummed. There is no power passenger on any trim. I was doing a deep dive through my likely order, Lariat Lux, and it clicked. I've got to say for a nearly 40k vehicle not to have power passenger is disappointing. I think I can sell my wife on it as we rarely move the seat, but with her health issues it can be hard for her to work a manual.

It's one thing to not have a dimming mirror, or home link, but power front seats on highest trim seems like a standard for a vehicle at that price point. Others disagree?
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a lot of vehicles sans the high priced luxury models have power passenger seats. I remember the Explorer did and I scoured the junk yards high and low for both seats, for my Ranger, but could never find what I wanted in color and quality to make it worth my while.

I does not surprise me the Lariat does not have them even with your 40K price tag. 40K doesn't buy what it used to ya know.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. At least the higher trim levels should have more power options for the passenger.

Keeping the price low is one thing, but give customers options if they want them.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my 2013 Grand Cherokee only has power driver seat and was more than $20k.

In this world of tight supplies with no end in sight causing manufacturing delays, it may not be in Ford's best interest to offer expanded options and having to keep pushing out build dates that frustrates customers.

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a lot of vehicles sans the high priced luxury models have power passenger seats. I remember the Explorer did and I scoured the junk yards high and low for both seats, for my Ranger, but could never find what I wanted in color and quality to make it worth my while.

I does not surprise me the Lariat does not have them even with your 40K price tag. 40K doesn't buy what it used to ya know.
My $36000 Bronco Sport Outer Banks has a power passenger seat.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bronco Sport Outer Banks has it standard. It's about the same price as Lariat Lux, not the highest trim, and doesn't need an upgrade package.

Ridgeline has it standard on the RTL (middle trim 41K).

Santa Cruz does not have on any package either. Looks like it's a mixed bag at this tier.

Anyone know if you can retrofit a power seat in from an Escape or BS?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My $36000 Bronco Sport Outer Banks has a power passenger seat.
Bronco Sport Outer Banks has it standard. It's about the same price as Lariat Lux, not the highest trim, and doesn't need an upgrade package.

Ridgeline has it standard on the RTL (middle trim 41K).

Santa Cruz does not have on any package either. Looks like it's a mixed bag at this tier.

Anyone know if you can retrofit a power seat in from an Escape or BS?
Well, well, well, I guess I can learn something every day. (y) I guess I was fixated on the Explorers as those seats were drop in replacements in the Ranger, except for the added wiring for power and heat.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, well, well, I guess I can learn something every day. (y) I guess I was fixated on the Explorers as those seats were drop in replacements in the Ranger, except for the added wiring for power and heat.
We were both right and wrong. I assumed it should be there, you assumed not. Really it's a mix. Seems less common in trucks and tris SUVs than crossovers and sedans. But I do think in the market they are trying to draw from (first time truck buyers, from crossover and sedan) they should consider making an add option. I think it may have more to do with constraints than the plan. The Santa Cruz, with ventilated but not power passenger on Limited, makes no sense. Seems chip shortage is the assumption.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat Lux hybrid is barely $30k. I don't see a problem with its manual passenger seat. A comparable Civic Touring for $30k does have a power passenger seat, but only 4 way, and no adjustable lumbar.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat Lux hybrid is barely $30k. I don't see a problem with its manual passenger seat. A comparable Civic Touring for $30k does have a power passenger seat, but only 4 way, and no adjustable lumbar.
4 way is better than none. A child in a booster can move a power not a mechanical. My mother with bad arthritis can't do a manual. I know a lot of people don't need it, but at this tier I think it should at least be an option, especially considering their target audience coming from crossovers and sedans in the higher trims.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
4 way is better than none. A child in a booster can move a power not a mechanical. My mother with bad arthritis can't do a manual. I know a lot of people don't need it, but at this tier I think it should at least be an option, especially considering their target audience coming from crossovers and sedans in the higher trims.
For $40k, I agree it should have it. But at the price I am paying of about $30k, not many cars have it.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For $40k, I agree it should have it. But at the price I am paying of about $30k, not many cars have it.
I agree there.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you can always skip the luxury package and have a shop install amazing Recaro seats. Probably a wash. I did this with my last sports car. Recaros rock.
Sponsored