First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are we not seeing any commercials on TV for the Mav other than the 100k reservations. Seeing ones for the all electric F150 not due out till next year.
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently they don't need commercials to fill the production quotas.

Of course, they probably don't need it for the Ford Lightning either, but that's a flagship product that's not just advertising the truck, but their entrance into the electric market in force. While the Maverick is just a neat little truck.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Of course, they probably don't need it for the Ford Lightning either, but that's a flagship product that's not just advertising the truck, but their entrance into the electric market in force. While the Maverick is just a neat little truck.

Right, they got more orders than resources to build them. Bolstering supply chain and focusing on manufacturing what they've already "sold" is a better investment.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

the Mach E already claimed that mantle

Bandog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lt
Ya know,folks have been ordering their trucks since June 2021, how's come there haven't been any commercials on the boob tube about them from Ford?

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya know,folks have been ordering their trucks since June 2021, how's come there haven't been any commercials on the boob tube about them from Ford?
I have wondered that myself. At least since the Oct 5 media embargo was lifted.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I imagine they don't see a need to spend money advertising a vehicle that is basically sold out for months to come. Are they advertising the full size Bronco? I have not seen any ads for it but I don't get out much. LoL

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It might be different if they could produce enough to have them sitting on lots but with orders being backed up and parts not readily available they don’t want too much of a crunch otherwise people will really raise hell and not buy.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have wondered that myself. At least since the Oct 5 media embargo was lifted.
It was frustrating for many potential Bronco Sport customers that were spun-up and motivated to go buy a new Ford after the well-hyped Goat commercial debuted. The problem, no available/or limited inventory with the whole promise/delay cycle. A lot of the feedback was that Ford should focus more on delivering vehicles than releasing ads. That, and advertisements have a limited shelf-life. Why make the investment without product to sell?

Bronco Sport Goat Commercial

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For whatever reason, it seems F150, Mach-E, & Bronco Sport are getting all the advertising dollars.

Everything is selling faster than production these days, so I'm not sure what drives the ad budget.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guessing there is no reason to create more "bad news" in the marketplace by having more potential customers "peed" off waiting to spend some money on what seems to be "shadow" hybrids?:unsure:
Agreed. At this point I wish they would have advised back in June that Hybrids were "Late Availability", it would have made this current situation more palatable.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Why spend advertising dollars on a low margin product like the Maverick that's already wildly popular (thanks in part to this site which is free advertising for Ford)? Their advert dollars go primarily to their cash cow the F150 in particular/F-Series in general with a much higher margin (from 2015 and 2018 data, somewhere between $10k and $13k per F150 sold, depending on who you believe).

That $26k Maverick isn't pulling in $10k per unit for Ford.

Pre-pandemic article:
How the Ford F-150 became king of cars (theconversation.com)
Ford Maverick Maverick Commercials? profit.JPG

From Ford slidepack Sept. 2020:
Boston Consulting Group Report (ford.com)
Ford Maverick Maverick Commercials? revenue.JPG

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's not much point when there is no inventory. But I am surprised that they haven't thrown the Maverick in with the recent ads showing the Ford Truck lineup.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's not much point when there is no inventory. But I am surprised that they haven't thrown the Maverick in with the recent ads showing the Ford Truck lineup.
That's a great point....why not create a Ford truck (specifically PU) commercial showcasing the choices, all the way from the base Maverick hybrid to the PS Super Duty 1 ton. That would be pretty cool!
Sponsored