First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m sure this will take on a lot of critics, but seeing the details on the new Ford Bronco Raptor has cause me to ponder my decision to buy the Maverick. I have to start that my hart has always lead me to the early style Bronco. I unfortunately made the mistake of selling my 66 Bronco about 7 years ago. You might wonder why I made the error in judgement,. The reasoning behind it was I had to clear space in my two car garage for vehicles I use on a daily basis. The 66 had the 170 cubic inch motor, three on the tree, and a max speed of about 55 MPH🤗.

anyway when the new Bronco was released I wasn’t too impressed. It really didn’t represent what I had in mind, thus I with the Maverick.what would really add to my desire, If the new Raptor addition would come with a 7 speed manual. The down side for sure is cost, 70k is a huge chunk oof cash that I don’t know that I’m will to commit. That is assuming a person can find a dealer to seek one without a markup above MSRP.

just wondering what others think of the Bronco Raptor addition. I’m assuming those with a FWD or the Hybrid could not relate with this consideration do to their driving needs. This consideration is more geared to the owners that are modifying their Maverick to be more tilted to off highway driving conditions.

Im sure I will regret posting this, but it’s some I thought was worth asking.

D128A9E2-FF50-4ECA-8074-9ACAA3ABFE0F.jpeg

8CD2850C-1375-44C5-B146-D583E2BCCF7B.jpeg
All I can say is the dealer gave me a full size Bronco soft top for 2 days till they checked my Maverick gas tank and I DID NOT care for the Bronco……noisy, top heavy, bouncy, digital dash sucks, hate the control, (heated seats, etc), layout. Just my opinion that unless you’r current everyday driver is a lifted Jeep, you might be disappointed.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
*** Click Bait Title ***

this thread belongs on the Bronco forum. Nothing remotely useful or interesting about Maverick discussed here.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, when I got my Mav it had just arrived at the dealer. It too was loaded with basically all options. After that tacked on a few unwanted options it was out the door at nearly 39k without tax.

good Luck getting your order, I think you will be very happy.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be in the minority, but I think the Bronco is hideously unappealing and the Raptor version even more so.

Hard to comment on the selling one for the other.. the Bronco Raptor will cost about 3 times as much.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be in the minority, but I think the Bronco is hideously unappealing and the Raptor version even more so.

Hard to comment on the selling one for the other.. the Bronco Raptor will cost about 3 times as much.
For some reason, I really like the 2 door Bronco, but think the 4 door is kind of whatever.

Sponsored

Toots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500
My dad owned 4 of the older Broncos throughout my time growing up so I certainly understand the attachment. I think Ford did a great job with the new ones with keeping the spirit and looks of the original Broncos while still modernizing it. I would honestly wait though if it were me. Let alone how difficult it will probably be to find one for close to a reasonable price, I think with the Raptor you’re better off waiting a couple of years. The Bronco Raptor that’s about to come out has a pretty lackluster engine option in my opinion for what you’re paying. It’s the same 3.0 Ecoboost that’s in the Explorer ST and a couple of Lincoln’s with just some special tuning. Definitely a great engine but kind of disappointing for $70k, especially when the F150 Raptor gets more. I expect in a couple of years they’ll have a better engine option though since that’s what they did with the original Raptor when they switched from the 5.4 to the 6.2. And the Raptor R will be coming out soon which is confirmed to have a V8 meant to compete with the Ram TRX.

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still waiting on a build date for my 25k Hybrid but when I eventually get it I'm thinking about selling it and getting a '22 Land Rover Defender. ;)

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m sure this will take on a lot of critics, but seeing the details on the new Ford Bronco Raptor has cause me to ponder my decision to buy the Maverick. I have to start that my hart has always lead me to the early style Bronco. I unfortunately made the mistake of selling my 66 Bronco about 7 years ago. You might wonder why I made the error in judgement,. The reasoning behind it was I had to clear space in my two car garage for vehicles I use on a daily basis. The 66 had the 170 cubic inch motor, three on the tree, and a max speed of about 55 MPH🤗.

anyway when the new Bronco was released I wasn’t too impressed. It really didn’t represent what I had in mind, thus I with the Maverick.what would really add to my desire, If the new Raptor addition would come with a 7 speed manual. The down side for sure is cost, 70k is a huge chunk oof cash that I don’t know that I’m will to commit. That is assuming a person can find a dealer to seek one without a markup above MSRP.

just wondering what others think of the Bronco Raptor addition. I’m assuming those with a FWD or the Hybrid could not relate with this consideration do to their driving needs. This consideration is more geared to the owners that are modifying their Maverick to be more tilted to off highway driving conditions.

I saw the Bronco Badlands the other day at my dealer if I was still off roading I'd put an order in but I love my 150 my Wife loves her Maverick the Jeep Club I was a member of years ago is no more. But I have to admit Ford is cranking out (well slowly at best:) some awesome vehicles. I've always been a Ford guy for some unknown reason but I've owned Jeeps, a Toyota Celica GT (i know i misspelled that sorry;) and my 1st car was a 49 Ford that I bought in 69 but gave it to a friend when I headed off to Vietnam.

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had a reservation for a 2 dr. Wildtrak since 8/29/20 that I converted to an order on 10/27/21 so as soon as the Bronco arrives, I'll be trading/selling the Maverick.

JoeJoe311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster N, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if I have my math correct, I drive a max of about 15K per year with an estimated 10Mpg difference between to two options. I guess that would be 150gal per year at 3.30/gal with an annual difference of about $500/year. The fuel would be only $2,500 for the total duration Of the 5 years. Now, if the Bronco only got 12MPG, your right that be way less desirable.
You need to add a zero to your gallons, 150 x 10 is 1500 miles not 15K
$25,000 for 5 years.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've had a reservation for a 2 dr. Wildtrak since 8/29/20 that I converted to an order on 10/27/21 so as soon as the Bronco arrives, I'll be trading/selling the Maverick.
That’s awesome, my understanding Ford is going to offer customers with an order already in place the option to push to the Raptor. the two options for me that would put it over the top is of course the manual transmission and two door option. The four door is huge and doesn’t remind me of the style of my old 66😏

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Plug in Hybrid, 97 EVO 4, 69 Mach-1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So.... I have a Maverick Hybrid, love it.... I also work at a Ford dealership. ....And the chances of you getting a Raptor Bronco is about 0% in the first 2-3 years... and most likely never at or near MSRP. I have waited since day one when we ordered for my wifes Bronco, still dont have it. and we are getting ONE a year which will go for roughly 30k over. Your better off with the Mav, you will love it.

Reactions: TCK

mrchips0401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.computerhope.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I agree the very early Bronco models were pretty similar to the base XL Mav. My dad had a 66 Bronco and that’s what hooked me on the new Maverick.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You need to add a zero to your gallons, 150 x 10 is 1500 miles not 15K
$25,000 for 5 years.
So I did my math with out a calculator handy.

my AWD, 4K, FX4 Maverick today gets a combine average 25mpg and est 15k per year with my current price per gal is 3.30. This (15000/25)X 3.30 with a annual cost of fuel $1,980.

My estimate on the Bronco is a combined millage of 15MPG. With the same 15k per year and cost per Gal.
(15000/15)x3.30=$3,300 annually

differance between the two option is $1,350 per year with a total estimated difference of $6,500.

note that all theee variables could change with miles driven, cost of fuel, and average combined millage.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found it so weird to see so many people complaining about not being able to get a Bronco when I saw at least two at every Ford dealer locally, despite living in a low volume area. But when I went and picked up my Maverick I checked them out and realized the issue appears to be Ford refuses to make a Bronco even approaching the baselines configuration. I checked online dealership websites and its all the same - Everyone's twice the price of the base model, even without markup.

Who's bright idea at Ford/dealerships was that? It's almost like they ran an experiment with the Bronco and Maverick, making one have mandatory options in ludicrous excess and one be made to order. Just to see what happens.
I agree. I would have wanted a base Bronco for $30,000, seeing how it is cheaper than a base Wrangler (you have to add A/C and tech packages to make the wrangler comparable, bringing the Wrangler closer to $34,000).

But no chance I’d have a shot at a base Bronco, so kept with the Maverick order.
Sponsored