Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The chip shortage affects every manufacturer. Right now there's almost nothing you can buy of new cars. I was at a Ford dealer last week that had six new vehicles total. Right by it was a Chevy dealership and Toyota dealership and they were in the same boat with almost no new vehicles to sell.
In normal times each of these dealerships would have 400 to 700 new vehicles. This was at AutoNation Ford.
I did a job for the local Toyota dealer and they have ZERO new cars on the lot ( except a few on the showroom ) and the sales manager told me Toyota factories have gone thru all their semiconductor stockpile and have been told they cant even give them a date when additional new cars will ship because now they are hit with the same problem as every other manufacturer . Denso is their main supplier - originally Toyota was hailed as the company that could weather the chip shortage - nope not even them .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Silly question...Where are they gonna find all the room to park these semi-complete vehicles?
They can park them next to the multitude of Bronco Sports in the desert that have been sitting there for months. :)

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I mean that's true. But what are you hoping to accomplish exactly? We all understand that you're impatient and want it today and are interested in switching to something else.
Nope, I just needed to vent...Went and drove a Bronco Sport today to get the feel (sort of) of my Maverick...
It was more about the inside...the dash..fit an finish...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I myself see a lot of positive hidden in all the negative that is trying to block everything out. It's a brand new vehicle with some absolutely positive thinking. I've seen a lot of pictures and videos of actual vehicles! They look great! I'm in for the long haul because there is nothing else like it out there. My dealer told me that it would take a while. I see build dates and congratulate those that have gotten them. I didn't want the eco-boost although I know it's a great engine ( close to what I have in my Focus), so it doesn't bother me if others get theirs first. I see hybrids are scheduled to be built and that number is likely to be increased (might be due to transmission?). I'm thinking I might be next :). If I am then I will hoping that all of you who have not gotten theirs will be next !
I agree and I applaud 👏 your positive attitude!! I wouldn't be surprised as the production really gets going if ratio of hybrids being build actually goes up.
I'm in this until I get my hybrid Mav and then I'll hang around to hopefully see what folks are doing to mod their Maverick.

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
How many Hybrids you think they have built ?
Not many if any because retail orders don't start until September 13th. Dealers stock orders are the only books builds so far and they aren't allowed to be hybrids.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a lot of desert to park them in.
Right next to all the Broncos that have been built and are waiting on chips to complete them! To be fair though, as I understand it those Broncos are waiting for a specific model chip. Some have will have a 3 month wait from the built to delivery date! Someone on the Bronco forum came up with a name for those Broncos...the Desert Lot Rot Edition :ROFLMAO:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except if hybrid builds are only going to go to customer orders and retail builds don't start until 9/13 then by and large August builds were Ecoboosts for dealer stock. There may have been a few additional hybrids built for testing purposes. This would also explain the low initial factory request on hybrid transaxles.
There were a few hybrids built that were (are) built for training vehicles.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's estimated that 1 to 2 million vehicles were flooded in LA and in the NE United States. This is only going to make vehicle shortages more acute.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick News From Ford Mexico 09-02-21 - Recent Chip Shortage At Maverick Plant 1630706363705
😁

coxwm2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except if hybrid builds are only going to go to customer orders and retail builds don't start until 9/13 then by and large August builds were Ecoboosts for dealer stock. There may have been a few additional hybrids built for testing purposes. This would also explain the low initial factory request on hybrid transaxles.
I believe Tim Bartz at long McArthur Ford mentioned on one his Youtube "Tech Tuesday" broadcasts that early Mavericks were intended to be for dealer stock, to allow potential customers an opportunity to test drive the truck before ordering. Ford did not anticipate such a large volume of reservations/orders that had only been seen in computer renderings. Ford has also stated that only ecoboost trucks are being built for stock, and all Hybrid builds are for the retail market. That may change later in the model year, however.

Sponsored

C Hammer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my limited technical knowledge, I believe the Mavericks, being smaller, will need less chips than say F150s - Super Duty models. Hopefully this will mean enough chips to meet Maverick production.

I plan on staying with this for the long haul!
I understand the F-150 requires 1800 chips

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the advantage for the xlt and xls....very little in the way of electronics......

Twalls

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe, Mazda MX-5 Miata
I have read somewhere that there are about 1700 total chips in the Maverick. Mine is being held up by PAINT color not chips.
How do you find out what is holding up your build? I have XLT LUX 360 Cactus Grey

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you on no impact to the Maverick, but Ford's not going to halt builds that are simply waiting on a chip. They'll send it down the line and it will be built to 99.9% completion, then immediately moved out of the way to wait on the chip. This will not halt or hold up the Maverick production in any way. A vehicle will move down the assembly line at the same pace, whether it's missing a chip or not.

There is a hard end date for building 2021 Bronco Sports though, I believe it is October 29th and they will not start back up on 2022 Bronco Sports until November 11th. That will give them over a week in which they will only be building Mavericks. I assume Bronco Sport builds will wind down towards the end of October, all while Mavericks are ramping up to ensure they're building near capacity.
I think this article is saying different... If they halt production because they're missing parts...I don't see how that's not affecting producing....🤷‍♂️