Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The chip shortage affects every manufacturer. Right now there's almost nothing you can buy of new cars. I was at a Ford dealer last week that had six new vehicles total. Right by it was a Chevy dealership and Toyota dealership and they were in the same boat with almost no new vehicles to sell.
In normal times each of these dealerships would have 400 to 700 new vehicles. This was at AutoNation Ford.
Sponsored

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have read somewhere that there are about 1700 total chips in the Maverick. Mine is being held up by PAINT color not chips.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Silly question...Where are they gonna find all the room to park these semi-complete vehicles?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Silly question...Where are they gonna find all the room to park these semi-complete vehicles?
There's a lot of desert to park them in.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the Maverick Dream is slowly diminishing .... I hate to say it.. But I truly might have to look elsewhere If I don't get scheduled soon but even then we don't know if it will be built on schedule.
I will have to revisit aternatives, I'm off the next 4 days so I'll be hitting the lots...mainly to see...
This is starting to remind me of Paul Elio. Main difference here is deposit is refundable, hopefully.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw this in the Mexican Marquee Newspaper -

home Notes Hermosillo Uncertainty at Ford Hermosillo plant due to lack of materials and semiconductors
Uncertainty at Ford Hermosillo plant due to lack of materials and semiconductors
Sep 02, 2021

Ford Maverick News From Ford Mexico 09-02-21 - Recent Chip Shortage At Maverick Plant pantallazo-2021-09-02-a-las-17.00.21-300x191

Source: elimparcial
In Sonora, around 5 thousand vehicles have not been delivered that have already been sold due to the lack of semiconductor chips
HERMOSILLO.- Given the shortage of semiconductor chips in the world and the lack of other materials for the manufacture of automobiles, the uncertainty of a new work stoppage at the Ford Hermosillo plant, which houses around 2,800 employees , grows .
According to workers, on Tuesday afternoon the material did not arrive in time to carry out the work in the manufacturing plant, but yesterday after its arrival they normalized the activities in the evening and morning
shifts.
Last May, the company that operates in the capital of Sonora suspended operations in both shifts for two weeks due to the shortage of semiconductors and its employees were sent home with 75% of their salary.
Since the second quarter of 2021, Ford Motors Company , as well as other car manufacturers and different manufacturing industries have faced problems with the global shortage of chips .
According to the projections made by the directors of the Ford company, this year they would stop producing about 1.1 million vehicles worldwide due to the lack of these materials as a result of the fire that broke out in the Renesas Electronics company that supplies them. in Japan.
The president of the Maquiladora and Export Manufacturing Industry (Index), Gerardo Vásquez Falcón , revealed that around 5 thousand vehicles have not been delivered in Sonora that have already been sold due to the lack of semiconductor chips.
He indicated that the industries that demand these products have raised the costs of transfers from Asia to Mexico from 3,600 dollars to 21,000 dollars in recent months, which has reduced the level of profit and, added to that, they face competition from buyers from other countries offering more money for materials, delaying the scheduled arrival at their destination.

In my limited technical knowledge, I believe the Mavericks, being smaller, will need less chips than say F150s - Super Duty models. Hopefully this will mean enough chips to meet Maverick production.

I plan on staying with this for the long haul!

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't think the Maverick is worth the wait, then buy something else. Maybe a 50k F-150, or a 40k Ranger, another make/model, or a used 5 year old truck with 89k miles on it for about as much as a new Maverick. Threatening to buy something else won't speed up manufacturing. I will wait for mine, thank you very much.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea, I'm not asking them to miss me.... Never occurred to me they would.
Second, I'm more for being delivered this year..not next year.. With a scheduled date I have something to make the wait kind of fun...
Third..... We know what they can produce in a day.... But with the embarrassing scheduling yesterday I'd say they are not in full swing yet...
Fourth...My concern is my trade value is falling...and I feel this 100,000 mile Chevy with the AFM system is a ticking time bomb that will cost me $1000's to fix if it decides to implode ...

So do I care if Ford will miss me...NOPE because I do what's best for me..not Ford..

But with all that..I'm still in the Maverick camp...because honestly there is nothing in its lane...The Hyundai is the closes and the dealers are adding crazy addendum's my local Hyundai dealer is adding $3000... if he wasn't I'd might be driving one....might
The same people threaten "to leave the maverick" and look elsewhere every single week. Please just do it or commit to the wait - writing the same post over and over is wasting kilobytes. I only like waffles at breakfast.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
The same people threaten "to leave the maverick" and look elsewhere every single week. Please just do it or commit to the wait - writing the same post over and over is wasting kilobytes. I only like waffles at breakfast.
You don't have to read them...Free country

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I had to guess, I'd say 35% of whatever the total built is. August's production resulted in 1,297 Mavericks, 35% would be about 454.
Except if hybrid builds are only going to go to customer orders and retail builds don't start until 9/13 then by and large August builds were Ecoboosts for dealer stock. There may have been a few additional hybrids built for testing purposes. This would also explain the low initial factory request on hybrid transaxles.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Except if hybrid builds are only going to go to customer orders and retail builds don't start until 9/13 then by and large August builds were Ecoboosts for dealer stock. There may have been a few additional hybrids built for testing purposes. This would also explain the low initial factory request on hybrid transaxles.
That's a good point, I forgot that hybrids were not produced for dealer stock, only for retail. So yes, no hybrids would be produced to this point, but also, no retail orders produced to this point, so kind of a pointless reason for 'ol redneck to be, well, red in the neck.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't have to read them...Free country
I mean that's true. But what are you hoping to accomplish exactly? We all understand that you're impatient and want it today and are interested in switching to something else.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I had to guess, I'd say 35% of whatever the total built is. August's production resulted in 1,297 Mavericks, 35% would be about 454.

These are the numbers Ford gave dealers back on July 31st.

• The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.
an early constraint on hybrids was the start up of new line building the eCVT in Michigan. They then have to be delivered to Hermosillo. Not sure how many have been built now, but it was slow going (like 169 per week) at 1st but we haven't heard anything in a while after info sharing was stopped.
Sponsored