First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are several automotive news websites publishing articles that cite MTC as a source for information. CarBuzz has cited this forum several times: Here is a recent article:

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-maverick-hybrid-goes-600-miles-on-a-single-tank

Ford Authority is another one that has linked MTC.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/u...ick-order-statistics-list-has-some-surprises/

CarBuzz in particular seems to be pretty lazy about finding their own sources. Their maverick articles seem to be pretty heavily reliant on MTC for source material.

Anyway, it's pretty funny that they are putting out clickbait that leans on MTC. Kudos to @Administrator for creating a site with enough traffic and real content that other websites wish they had the content.
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are several automotive news websites publishing articles that cite MTC as a source for information. CarBuzz has cited this forum several times: Here is a recent article:

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-maverick-hybrid-goes-600-miles-on-a-single-tank

Ford Authority is another one that has linked MTC.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/u...ick-order-statistics-list-has-some-surprises/

CarBuzz in particular seems to be pretty lazy about finding their own sources. Their maverick articles seem to be pretty heavily reliant on MTC for source material.

Anyway, it's pretty funny that they are putting out clickbait that leans on MTC. Kudos to @Administrator for creating a site with enough traffic and real content that other websites wish they had the content.
It is just a self-serving cyclical vacuum designed to drive potential add revenue with clicks. A few times where it did result in Ford having to address the 'news'. The only reason we see it in our news feeds is because we're on the forums and get targeted for Maverick related articles in the first place. It is also the reason I get suggestions in my Google feed that are direct links to the forum.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is just a self-serving cyclical vacuum designed to drive potential add revenue with clicks. A few times where it did result in Ford having to address the 'news'. The only reason we see it in our news feeds is because we're on the forums and get targeted for Maverick related articles in the first place. It is also the reason I get suggestions in my Google feed that are direct links to the forum.
Oh, it's all about click revenue. Carbuzz just seems particularly lazy about producing their own content. I get carbuzz maverick articles about once a week that cite MTC as the source. Ford Authority seems a bit more substantial. In this day and age enthusiast forums are usually the best place to get early news to the point where I search for forum threads for better information about things before I go to news sites. I get direct MTC links in my feed as well.

In any case MTC seems to be the best, most active maverick forum and I get a chuckle every time I see a carbuzz article linking to a thread I have already seen. Their writers are no doubt members or at least full time lurkers.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh, it's all about click revenue. Carbuzz just seems particularly lazy about producing their own content. I get carbuzz maverick articles about once a week that cite MTC as the source. Ford Authority seems a bit more substantial. In this day and age enthusiast forums are usually the best place to get early news to the point where I search for forum threads for better information about things before I go to news sites. I get direct MTC links in my feed as well.

In any case MTC seems to be the best, most active maverick forum and I get a chuckle every time I see a carbuzz article linking to a thread I have already seen. Their writers are no doubt members or at least full time lurkers.
Agreed, it seems there is a small sub-set of auto 'news' sites that are simply dedicated to pulling potentially interesting content from the large forums. I see stuff coming from bronco6g and a few others that I've looked at in the past (even if only a few times....not even a member!). Occasionally makes you think twice about just how much we are actively monitored!

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mean, I found MTC in the first place because news articles kept citing it

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talk about Google feed suggestions. Last night I was talking to a friend in Henderson NV and he said "I think I may just lease my next vehicle". Within 3 minutes of our verbal exchange he received a text from a Henderson NV dealer with a no down lease offer. =Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, I found MTC in the first place because news articles kept citing it
Not always a bad thing. I frequent other forums that very often have better inside information into major events than the networks. I used to think it was unique, then I realized the thing to do is identify the best enthusiast forums for a particular subject. If a news article leads you to it, all the better.
Sponsored