Sponsored

New to the 2023 waiting game - nice to meet you.

pressurewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Hi, all - new member. Just ordered my 2023 last night (the dealership "had one slot left" lol), so I'm in the wait with a lot of folks, but excited to get my Mav. Been thinking about it for a year, and am glad to be on the list. Currently drive a decade old Prius, which I like fine, but it doesn't have the cargo room for what I need, despite the fact that it does have a considerable amount of cargo room with the seats down. I mostly move around audio equipment (PAs and music gear) for events that I run, and also do a lot of DIY and home improvement projects that require space. Excited to mess around with flexbed and other 3D printer possibilities on the truck. Already looking through thingiverse for bits people have created, but if you know of any other good resources, would be glad to hear about them.

Nice to join the forum. I have enjoyed reading it as a non-member and looking up info about available accessories, etc. I love auto forums, really, because I don't like going into dealerships/service appointments without a broader perspective.
Sponsored

ladyhawkgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

how did you order something that cannot be ordered? it is unobtainium.

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awaiting his reply............................
Didn't he say " Just ordered my 2023 last night (the dealership "had one slot left" lol)" ?

I think dealers could still order units for their lots well after customer orders closed, so that may be it.

OP
OP
pressurewave

pressurewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Good question. From what I was told (and who knows if it is true), another person who had ordered a hybrid pulled out and left a spot open at the dealership. It's a larger dealership in the area, so I suspect their allocation was on the larger side.

Now, I'm not naive. Despite the fact that they took a not insignificant downpayment from me, they could just be stringing me along, but I'm hopeful.

Also, it was a custom order, so unless they were just using the mechanism to order cars for the lot, somehow it was positioned to me as possible. Can't full explain why or how. I didn't get the back stage insight on that.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Makes sense. If Ford isn't requiring COVP, then I guess the dealers could technically just give an existing order to someone else.

OP
OP
pressurewave

pressurewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Awaiting his reply............................
Sorry to keep you waiting! Yeah, I know, I was surprised, too. I was out of the loop on when the orders opened/closed (wasn't watching the forums closely), and only recently got to a place where I could actually order the truck. Other dealerships told me orders were closed, too bad, so sad, try again later, but this one, after I rejected their numerous offers to sell me the far-too loaded 2.0 AWD Lariat they had on the lot (35k plus, more than I wanted to spend), or one of the trucks inbound (all Lariats and XLTs with every option), and I said call me if you get a base model in, or someone cancels their order, or the list opens back up, that's when they made with the "oh, I just checked with the manager and we just so happen to have one slot, but it has to be filled today." Again, LOL. It sounds ridiculous, and I'm fully open to the possibility that they're doing something shady. It fully sounds like some bull. Still, they took an actual order, set an actual price, signed actual papers, and took actual money from me, so who knows what will happen. Fingers crossed?
Sponsored