Sponsored

**New Pics** Dextero 245/65/17 All-Terrain Tires -$110 Each!!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not even seen these tires but have looked at them. Price is great but are 50k warranty and that will be probably down to 2/32". I change at 4/32. So factoring mounted cost per mile of use I will go with 65k minimum. Plan on rotation of these at 4k mile intervals OR when you notice increase noise levels if you want to attain max milage. Keep us posted.
Just keep in mind that at a 65K you are probably sacrificing tread compound/grip in exchange for a harder compound that lasts longer. For me, the price and the reputation of the tire based on the Mfr were higher priorities at the time, so it meets my needs for now, and as of this week, I have only around 5200 miles on a truck I got in late Jan 2022, so aged tires vs acutal miles on them might be a more considerable factor.

I'll definitely keep posting with new experiences. Also, my hybrid is two wheel drive, so the chunky tread block was a nice feature. Cheers man!

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going from 225 65 / R17 tires to 245 65 / R17 only gets you about .5 inch of lift. What do you realistically gain by .5 inch of lift in real world performance for off roading?
For me (in a 2WD Hybrid), it wasnt about the extra ride height, but rather the traction provided in the AT vs the Continentals OE tires that came with it. I live in Colorado, snow, and fair amount of dirt roads to travel make better sense to have a tire that can provide increased traction.

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lift is an added bonus, but IMO the biggest gain is simply the added off-road capability of the tread. Remember the OP was going from factory Continentals to these. There's going to be a HUGE difference in off-road traction between the factory pavement tire and an A/T tire.

Personally, when I get my truck, my plan is to go to 245s in TANDEM with a mild lift, to get me an additional 1.5-2 inches of clearance in total between the larger tires and the lift itself. I would say that bit of extra clearance along with the added beef of the A/T tire tread is a significant upgrade. And, in fact, there are YouTube videos out there showing just how much difference the A/T tires make vs. an all-season highway tire.
Look forward tot he pics!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The lift is an added bonus, but IMO the biggest gain is simply the added off-road capability of the tread. Remember the OP was going from factory Continentals to these. There's going to be a HUGE difference in off-road traction between the factory pavement tire and an A/T tire.

Personally, when I get my truck, my plan is to go to 245s in TANDEM with a mild lift, to get me an additional 1.5-2 inches of clearance in total between the larger tires and the lift itself. I would say that bit of extra clearance along with the added beef of the A/T tire tread is a significant upgrade. And, in fact, there are YouTube videos out there showing just how much difference the A/T tires make vs. an all-season highway tire.
I get the better grip aspect of all terrain tires but why not just put on 225 65 / R17 A/T tires instead? I just don't know if .5 inch lift by itself really gains you anything except the speedometer that no longer reads correctly without figuring out the new tire circumference + how Ford adjusts that for load so you can reprogram the tire circumference setting in the BCM module.. At least with 225 and 235 sizes offered there are stock values you can use without have to calculate this and double check it using GPS to fine tune the actual loaded weight value.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I get the better grip aspect of all terrain tires but why not just put on 225 65 / R17 A/T tires instead? I just don't know if .5 inch lift by itself really gains you anything except the speedometer that no longer reads correctly without figuring out the new tire circumference + how Ford adjusts that for load so you can reprogram the tire circumference setting in the BCM module.. At least with 225 and 235 sizes offered there are stock values you can use without have to calculate this and double check it using GPS to fine tune the actual loaded weight value.
The speedo is only off 1-2 mph even at top speeds so hard to really see that as an issue personally. The 245/65R17 looks the best on the truck IMO and half an inch of extra clearance isn't nothing to me.

Hey, just my opinion.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The speedo is only off 1-2 mph even at top speeds so hard to really see that as an issue personally. The 245/65R17 looks the best on the truck IMO and half an inch of extra clearance isn't nothing to me.

Hey, just my opinion.
Understood, I plan to put A / T tires on for the first tire change I just don't see what the benefit of going to larger tires from a performance standpoint.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Understood, I plan to put A / T tires on for the first tire change I just don't see what the benefit of going to larger tires from a performance standpoint.
The tire contact patch is larger.

adamgrattan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 deville
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got them mounted. I feel the subtle change in ride, feel the tread rolling compared to the factory Continentals. Incremental sound level vs factory Continentals. Visually, they look way cooler than the factory Continentals, and I prob get the award for new, least expensive, non factory tires. Winning....
How do you feel about these types tires now. Still a good deal?

Sponsored

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
these tires are a nice all around a/t, but they suck in cold and snow(they get harder with cold). I run them on my off road awd crv. drove once on slightly slick hill and boom i spun around. I will only run snow tires in the winter. i already have nexens on the mav, were also $110 a piece. the continentals will be summer tires.
Ford Maverick **New Pics** Dextero 245/65/17 All-Terrain Tires -$110 Each!! 241529961_190437656409190_7298006343153854058_n

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you feel about these types tires now. Still a good deal?
Yes. I've done city driving and a 2200 road trip to California and back, and run with them in last winter, and entering this winter. So far so good. Good value, and considering the tire compound I think they're fine in the snow. I enjoy the relatively plush ride.

adamgrattan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 deville
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I've done city driving and a 2200 road trip to California and back, and run with them in last winter, and entering this winter. So far so good. Good value, and considering the tire compound I think they're fine in the snow. I enjoy the relatively plush ride.
Hey thank you for update. I have a set waiting for my truck. It should be here January. It is shipped. Thank you for the info on your truck that helped me on mine.

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey thank you for update. I have a set waiting for my truck. It should be here January. It is shipped. Thank you for the info on your truck that helped me on mine.
Sounds good Adam. I think they look amazing btw....chunk and aggressive, and I've used them on gravel roads, fire roads, and super content with them.
Sponsored