Sponsored

New Member, ordering today

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I'm anxiously waiting to go to the dealership later today and throw down a deposit on a hybrid Mav. I'd love to get the Lariat really just for a couple of the options but price wise I will probably end up with the XLT. I'm super excited personally as I've wanted a truck for a long time but I just can't justify spending $35k minimum for crappy gas mileage.

I'm one of those younger buyers who doesn't "need" a truck but I'd like to be able to haul bigger items from time to time but not sacrifice on practicality in the day-to-day. Ford came out with this just in time, I just hope I don't end up waiting until May to get it.

I will likely get an XLT with a couple options, I really wish they'd sell the nicer stereo on the XLT as an option but I can always go aftermarket. I have never worked on a hybrid's stereo before but I assume it is the same as a traditional vehicle, just seems kinda scary for some reason.

I'd love some pro tips before I head to the dealer but otherwise hey what's up, I can't believe you guys have a ~3,000 person order sheet that's super impressive.
Sponsored

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
I'm anxiously waiting to go to the dealership later today and throw down a deposit on a hybrid Mav. I'd love to get the Lariat really just for a couple of the options but price wise I will probably end up with the XLT. I'm super excited personally as I've wanted a truck for a long time but I just can't justify spending $35k minimum for crappy gas mileage.

I'm one of those younger buyers who doesn't "need" a truck but I'd like to be able to haul bigger items from time to time but not sacrifice on practicality in the day-to-day. Ford came out with this just in time, I just hope I don't end up waiting until May to get it.

I will likely get an XLT with a couple options, I really wish they'd sell the nicer stereo on the XLT as an option but I can always go aftermarket. I have never worked on a hybrid's stereo before but I assume it is the same as a traditional vehicle, just seems kinda scary for some reason.

I'd love some pro tips before I head to the dealer but otherwise hey what's up, I can't believe you guys have a ~3,000 person order sheet that's super impressive.
Welcome to the waiting pool! I don't have any pro tips except if you are an anxious person, hang on for the ride. :ROFLMAO:
I'm an older buyer who doesn't "need" a truck, either, but wants a bed for the same reason. I got an EB because AWD. I was stuck in my yard this past year during Snowmagenddon, the Deep Freeze event Texas had. I went with the Lariat PRIMARILY for the stereo, because I am scared of an aftermarket install, as I have seen so many electrical issues crop up due to bad installs. Not to scare you off on that; my experience may be tainted, as I am in East Texas, the capital of Southern Engineering.
I hope that all your order experience goes well, you have a short wait, and your Mav turns out to be the best vehicle you've ever purchased!

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You need hear this: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ne-and-order-guide-updates-fordmaverick.4813/
Looks it will be May before you get it

OP
OP
Arukoru

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Welcome to the waiting pool! I don't have any pro tips except if you are an anxious person, hang on for the ride. :ROFLMAO:
I'm an older buyer who doesn't "need" a truck, either, but wants a bed for the same reason. I got an EB because AWD. I was stuck in my yard this past year during Snowmagenddon, the Deep Freeze event Texas had. I went with the Lariat PRIMARILY for the stereo, because I am scared of an aftermarket install, as I have seen so many electrical issues crop up due to bad installs. Not to scare you off on that; my experience may be tainted, as I am in East Texas, the capital of Southern Engineering.
I hope that all your order experience goes well, you have a short wait, and your Mav turns out to be the best vehicle you've ever purchased!
I've done some installs myself without issue but not on a super new car with a million new features. Even my 2013 feels like I'm in the stone age with no driving assists and no carplay. But the hybrid part of it spooks me a bit, I may just settle for the basic stereo after all.

I'm not sure about southern engineering but I always say everybody needs a redneck Einstein. They are the most creative bunch I've ever seen and I'm truly amazed by some of the solutions these nutjobs think up. Love 'em

Bummer, not entirely unexpected but I will choose to be hopeful. I have to say I am pretty skeptical about anyone giving delivery dates because the 2 dealerships I spoke with seemed to know very little if anything about it and wanted to sell me a gas model instead since those were actually coming in. But I can't really complain too much, if I'm an old school sales guy it is hard to get excited about a car I can't interact with often if ever.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
..... 2 dealerships I spoke with seemed to know very little if anything about it and wanted to sell me a gas model instead since those were actually coming in. But I can't really complain too much, if I'm an old school sales guy it is hard to get excited about a car I can't interact with often if ever...

Dude...I ordered an EB, and I knew more about the truck and its features when I went in to order than the salesmen..lol

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait Time:

If you order an EcoBoost Maverick, you will likely get your truck in 6-8 weeks.

If you order a hybrid Maverick, you better do it quickly, as hybrid ordering is supposed to close after November 15th. Also, hybrid Mavericks are retail (ie direct customer order) order only, and will not be released to customers until the Dec 8 OKTB date. Translation: you will be waiting at least 8 weeks, and probably more, if you order a hybrid Maverick.

However, you will probably have a few opportunities to poach hybrid Mavericks, of the "canceled customer order" variety, from dealerships, but there is no guarantee on that as demand is higher than Ford's capacity/willingness to build hybrids.

OP
OP
Arukoru

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
..... 2 dealerships I spoke with seemed to know very little if anything about it and wanted to sell me a gas model instead since those were actually coming in. But I can't really complain too much, if I'm an old school sales guy it is hard to get excited about a car I can't interact with often if ever...

Dude...I ordered an EB, and I knew more about the truck and its features when I went in to order than the salesmen..lol

Yeah I didn't want to admit it but its hard to hear someone give you the salesman fudge version of something you're familiar with. My plan is to play stupid though, you never get anywhere by showing what a smart cookie you are, it is better to just be one and let everyone think you don't know what you're talking about.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"...My plan is to play stupid though, you never get anywhere by showing what a smart cookie you are, it is better to just be one and let everyone think you don't know what you're talking about.."

Sage advise, sir, but I am notoriously reknown for poor life choices, and one of the choices I traditionally make is to leave my mouth in gear.

OP
OP
Arukoru

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
"...My plan is to play stupid though, you never get anywhere by showing what a smart cookie you are, it is better to just be one and let everyone think you don't know what you're talking about.."

Sage advise, sir, but I am notoriously reknown for poor life choices, and one of the choices I traditionally make is to leave my mouth in gear.
Oh for sure, me too. It will require a really high quality mental muzzle.

OP
OP
Arukoru

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Hey nobody cares but I ordered an Iconic Silver Lariat for just a couple hundred under MSRP, may switch to cyber orange but I'm not sure.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will be lucky to get a May delivery. I would expect July ordering this late in the game. Ask the dealer how many hybrids they have ordered. If you get super lucky and find a dealer with only a few hybrid orders go with them.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey nobody cares but I ordered an Iconic Silver Lariat for just a couple hundred under MSRP, may switch to cyber orange but I'm not sure.
I care! I love it when we have another member of our group, especially when they get a deal!

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Realistic timeline for a hybrid would be late spring/early summer.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait Time:

If you order an EcoBoost Maverick, you will likely get your truck in 6-8 weeks.

If you order a hybrid Maverick, you better do it quickly, as hybrid ordering is supposed to close after November 15th. Also, hybrid Mavericks are retail (ie direct customer order) order only, and will not be released to customers until the Dec 8 OKTB date. Translation: you will be waiting at least 8 weeks, and probably more, if you order a hybrid Maverick.

However, you will probably have a few opportunities to poach hybrid Mavericks, of the "canceled customer order" variety, from dealerships, but there is no guarantee on that as demand is higher than Ford's capacity/willingness to build hybrids.
I don’t know about the 6-8 week timeframe. I’m sitting on an Ecoboost order from 8/26 and not peep. It would likely be 6 weeks out if it was built next week. And that ain’t gonna happen.

But like my mother always said, Live in Hope or Die in Despair.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know about the 6-8 week timeframe. I’m sitting on an Ecoboost order from 8/26 and not peep. It would likely be 6 weeks out if it was built next week. And that ain’t gonna happen.

But like my mother always said, Live in Hope or Die in Despair.
Yeah, some dealer salesman told my boss 8 weeks on an EB. Despite the fact one of his own employees has contradictory evidence, he believes him. That's okay. Let him order some for our fleet. When it's 4 months, I'm just gonna pull out a calendar and look at it, then him, and smile.
Sponsored