Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 4K Shadow Black, 2001 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone!

Well after a lot of research and missed TV episodes with the lady I finally pulled the trigger and Special Ordered from my local dealer today. Black XLT Lux 2.0 AWD FX4 4k is finally in. Went back and forth between the bed size, engine size and towing capability but for the majority of what we are needing/using it for I think it's going to check all of those boxes. The little 2015 civic has been solid and reliable all these years but unfortunately we have just outgrown Heidi the civic. Got my purchase order and even had them work out my expected doc fees, taxes and etc on it signed with my deposit receipt. They have great reviews in the community around us and with a couple coworkers so I am praying that I do not have anything to worry about like I have seen some go through on here with Maverick's that they ordered. Love the community that I have found here with a lot of great sharing of ideas and experiences. I hope to add to those and look forward to the adventure guys and gals :). Looking into that X-Plan that I am seeing mentioned here, the only thing I think it might save me on is the dealer doc fee but might be something to save me a few dollars.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone!

Well after a lot of research and missed TV episodes with the lady I finally pulled the trigger and Special Ordered from my local dealer today. Black XLT Lux 2.0 AWD FX4 4k is finally in. Went back and forth between the bed size, engine size and towing capability but for the majority of what we are needing/using it for I think it's going to check all of those boxes. The little 2015 civic has been solid and reliable all these years but unfortunately we have just outgrown Heidi the civic. Got my purchase order and even had them work out my expected doc fees, taxes and etc on it signed with my deposit receipt. They have great reviews in the community around us and with a couple coworkers so I am praying that I do not have anything to worry about like I have seen some go through on here with Maverick's that they ordered. Love the community that I have found here with a lot of great sharing of ideas and experiences. I hope to add to those and look forward to the adventure guys and gals :). Looking into that X-Plan that I am seeing mentioned here, the only thing I think it might save me on is the dealer doc fee but might be something to save me a few dollars.
Welcome. Sit down and if you are a drinking person, have a cold one, it will be awhile.

OP
OP
Osilith

Osilith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome. Sit down and if you are a drinking person, have a cold one, it will be awhile.
HAHA yea I know I took too much time doing my due diligence to make sure I was getting what I felt was right for us...may have a family in the future lol. But after guys at work giving me a hard time about getting a full size this and chevy that and etc I just did what was right for me and went with what I felt was right in the long term and if need be 3-5 years down the road it warrants it then we can go bigger but absolutely no need for now.

OP
OP
Osilith

Osilith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also definitely know I got a few months of waiting to do with some of the option boxes I checked. Also I think it's been mentioned on here but ordering the lux package they are not allowing the spray in bed liner to be used had to be the hard drop in. My idea on that was "well it's at least protected for now and I can take it out and have the spray in added later.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HAHA yea I know I took too much time doing my due diligence to make sure I was getting what I felt was right for us...may have a family in the future lol. But after guys at work giving me a hard time about getting a full size this and chevy that and etc I just did what was right for me and went with what I felt was right in the long term and if need be 3-5 years down the road it warrants it then we can go bigger but absolutely no need for now.
I like the way you think. Don't do what the crowd does, unless of course you feel that is good advice. With a family on the way (possibly) this will work (incoming advice) since it isn't expensive, roomy, good mpg, may even warrant a second Maverick if it works out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Osilith

Osilith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the way you think. Don't do what the crowd does, unless of course you feel that is good advice. With a family on the way (possibly) this will work (incoming advice) since it isn't expensive, roomy, good mpg, may even warrant a second Maverick if it works out.
Yep, the lady is already drooling and asking too many questions and it's barely past confirmed order status lol

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
Get your confirmation of order e-mail from Ford?

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also definitely know I got a few months of waiting to do with some of the option boxes I checked. Also I think it's been mentioned on here but ordering the lux package they are not allowing the spray in bed liner to be used had to be the hard drop in. My idea on that was "well it's at least protected for now and I can take it out and have the spray in added later.
At least with an Ecoboost you have a chance of avoiding a long wait. Some here have reported getting scheduled pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Osilith

Osilith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get your confirmation of order e-mail from Ford?
Yes sir I did, even though the dealer spelt my last name wrong on the order but had my name and license spelled correctly on all the other documents...hope that doesn't become an issue

OP
OP
Osilith

Osilith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At least with an Ecoboost you have a chance of avoiding a long wait. Some here have reported getting scheduled pretty quickly.
That would be a good surprise but at the same time I want all of us here to get what we ordered as quick as possible. Hate seeing some of the guys on here that have been waiting since June/July timeframe

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That would be a good surprise but at the same time I want all of us here to get what we ordered as quick as possible. Hate seeing some of the guys on here that have been waiting since June/July timeframe
I agree. Hopefully a nice batch of scheduling emails will go out this Thursday. I don't expect one until next month.

Boxer Edition

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The long wait may be over for most.
Ordered my XL Hybrid Feb 12/2024, received confirmation earlier today, scheduled for production the week of April 15. (Spray in bed liner, hard tri-fold cover, hitch, mud flaps)
Sponsored