SoCalMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only way we knew about the recall was from this site.

We took our FE hybrid Mav in two days ago and had the recall work completed at Puente Hills Ford (Same dealer where we purchased). They indicated that we were the first to come in for the fix. Dropped it off 8am and were notified that it was finished well before noon but picked it up after work. No issues - no problems.

Checked recall by vin website and already updated from 1 uncorrected recall to 0 uncorrected.

We haven't noticed any decline in gas mileage or performance but will update if we do.
Sponsored

Laetum

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have a before photo?
No before photo.

I just received the car two days before (brand new) and parked it in the garage. No freeway driving. The grill shutters were closed when I inspected it. Now they stay open and there's of course blinds permanently removed.

The damage is fresh.

Should I try to straighten the fins or is that just going to cause metal fatigue?

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No before photo.

I just received the car two days before (brand new) and parked it in the garage. No freeway driving. The grill shutters were closed when I inspected it. Now they stay open and there's of course blinds permanently removed.

The damage is fresh.

Should I try to straighten the fins or is that just going to cause metal fatigue?
The damage to the fins is minor, I would leave it alone.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE on how the recall went...

(1) The service itself took about 90 minutes from when I checked the truck in to when they gave it back to me. Pretty painless.

(2) Someone posted saying he was going to keep the removed shutters in case he wanted to reinstall them at some point. Out of curiosity, I asked the service manager if I could get them back . He said no, that they had to send the removed shutters to Ford. (I guess so that Ford knows the repair was done and to prevent reinstallation.)

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked my truck up. They did the recall as described and the truck is fine.

they also removed the front bumper, which I didn’t want them to do. I explained that they didn’t have to and they did it anyway. So what happened?

Two push clips on the fender liner were missing, one missing on the belly pan, and the little plastic flap on the lower front was re-mounted incorrectly under the liner. I just don’t trust anyone to do anything the way I would do it.

they found clips for me, but I noticed the other issues when I got home.

Sponsored

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck was just beginning transit when this recall came out, I initially checked the VIN to see if the work had been done, and it came back as requiring the recall work be completed still. Just checked today, and it looks like they've completed the recall already. Now if it'll just deliver to my dealer by tomorrow...

diggz313

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
I'm sure related to this recall, but had to take my Hybrid in because I had two misfires, happened about 3 weeks ago

I get to the dealer and service tells me about this recall

a week and half after dropping it off I get a call that they had to order a new engine

🤬😵💫🤢🤮

• Wow
Reactions: Aza

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One hell of a misfire! Big bummer!

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(2) Someone posted saying he was going to keep the removed shutters in case he wanted to reinstall them at some point. Out of curiosity, I asked the service manager if I could get them back . He said no, that they had to send the removed shutters to Ford. (I guess so that Ford knows the repair was done and to prevent reinstallation.)
I saw the same post so I asked if I could have them back as well. When I dropped it off the guy said he wasn’t sure if they’d have to send them to Ford but he would put a note in there. When I picked it up the four shutters were sitting on my passenger seat.

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] 20DFFB3C-3A67-4236-BBA1-9A4EC9E49397

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I dropped it off the guy said he wasn’t sure if they’d have to send them to Ford but he would put a note in there. When I picked it up the four shutters were sitting on my passenger seat
Just another example of Ford's consistent communication. ;)

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just talked to my dealer about doing this recall fix. They stated they've already done one, and it was not a 30-minute procedure, but basically required two-plus hours and taking the whole front end off the truck. Experience with your dealer may vary. Just a heads up for anyone else hoping to get it done while they wait.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated with recall notice:

1657305038842-png.png

Just saw a new Maverick recall notice came out. https://www.newsmax.com/finance/str...threat-escape-maverick/2022/07/08/id/1077921/

The new recall covers certain 2020 through 2022 model year Ford Escape, Maverick and Lincoln Corsair vehicles with 2.5-liter Hybrid/Plug-In Hybrid engines. Ford said in the event of an engine failure, significant quantities of engine oil and fuel vapor may be released that could accumulate near ignition sources resulting in a potential under-hood fire.
I got my Maverick in for the recall fix on July 18. The actual work time, according to my Ford Dealership, was about 3 hours. I decided to also get my first oil change while it was in there. My milage when I dropped it off was 5,968.

I took delivery of my Maverick on 5/2, and have had no issues other than having the recall item addressed. Very happy so far!

I ordered Katzkin leather, and will be having that installed on 8/26. I'll post some pics after installation. It may be helpful for some who are thinking about having leather seats done up making their decision to do so.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Updated with recall notice:

1657305038842-png.png

Just saw a new Maverick recall notice came out. https://www.newsmax.com/finance/str...threat-escape-maverick/2022/07/08/id/1077921/

The new recall covers certain 2020 through 2022 model year Ford Escape, Maverick and Lincoln Corsair vehicles with 2.5-liter Hybrid/Plug-In Hybrid engines. Ford said in the event of an engine failure, significant quantities of engine oil and fuel vapor may be released that could accumulate near ignition sources resulting in a potential under-hood fire.
Well, perhaps it's a good thing my Maverick is going to be delayed a year. By the time FY 23 rolls around these items will have the problem (not the symptom) solved.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. I would have thought way less than that.
Maybe 10 techs individually diagnosed the first maverick that came in and then they had a discussion and voted on what needed to be done?🤓🤓🤓
Sponsored