2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've waited ~1.5 years to get this hybrid so decided to break it in with a drive from Metro Detroit to the Pisgah forest in North Carolina.

Here are some of my quick thoughts:
  • Ride quality is great, seats are comfortable
  • Wind noise is nothing to worry about.
  • Plenty of power to pass or keep good pace up a mountain road.
  • Door handle is annoying and keep grabbing air instead of the handle lol
  • Rear view mirror is too low, blocks right turns and need to look around for pedestrians.(edit: suggested can be adjusted vertically which I didn't try)
  • Developed creaking noise in upper right a pillar area around 900 miles. Only over steady bumps.
  • Shifter knob is taking time to get used to, nothing crazy but I occasionally reach for a shifter lever.
  • Storage space is awesome!
  • Heated seats pump out the heat well!
  • Highway mileage around 30mpg going by info panel.
  • Cruise control is easy to use.
  • Speakers are definitely not the best.
  • Auto high beams are distracting
  • Easy to reach into the bed for things or to use tie downs.

All in all I really enjoy the truck, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

20230317_120010.jpg

20230317_192946.jpg

20230318_142411.jpg

20230318_145231.jpg

20230318_150915.jpg
MTB crew represent
Sponsored

OP
OP
MRickDetroit

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mirror adjust confirmed(what a few on this post said) able to adjust the rear view mirror up and problem solved! Thanks all, its just a matter of pushing it up and realigning!

So how do you do it? I'll have to check it out when I head home from work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRickDetroit

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My trip was about 90% highway driving at between 75-80 mph, some flat and a lot of mountain areas, which probably helped reduce the mileage. I didn't track it but went by the average mpg indicator by the gauges. I used the cruise control. I'm heading west in a few weeks so will track it better for that trip.

Any more info on your mileage? So you averaged around 30 MPG on the highway for the entire trip? I know you said it's a new vehicle but I would think the MPG would be higher than that? I know it's only rated for 33 MPG highway but I'm just going by what I see other's post here for hybrid mileage.

Last edited:

taylore90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
allpurposegolf.com
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've waited ~1.5 years to get this hybrid so decided to break it in with a drive from Metro Detroit to the Pisgah forest in North Carolina.

• Rear view mirror is too low, blocks right turns and need to look around for pedestrians.(edit: suggested can be adjusted vertically which I didn't try)
  • Developed creaking noise in upper right a pillar area around 900 miles. Only over steady bumps.
  • Shifter knob is taking time to get used to, nothing crazy but I occasionally reach for a shifter lever.
  • EDIT: Not having keyless entry and keyless ignition sucks coming from it in previous vehicle.

20230317_120010.jpg

20230317_192946.jpg

20230318_142411.jpg

20230318_145231.jpg

20230318_150915.jpg
Awesome stuff! I love Pisgah National Forest. Been camping at Mt. Pisgah myself.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congratulations all the way from TX. Beautiful truck and great piece. Here is another one that did not know that you could adjust the vertical height of the mirror. Even us old codgers can learn a thing or three. LOL. Enjoy your new Maverick.
And while we're on the topic of "things you didn't know you didn't know..." I was driving our Maverick late one afternoon with my wife, and the sun was coming through the side window, basically blinding me. I reached up, grasped the sun visor, and pulled it out of the right-hand bracket so I could pivot it to the side window so as to block the sun.

My wife looked at me like I was nuts, and said "Why did you do that? Now you've broken it!" She never realized that they are made to do this, so you can also block the sun from the side windows... (We've had at least a 1/2 dozen cars that had this feature...) 🙄

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So how do you do it? I'll have to check it out when I head home from work.
There is a ball-mount on each end of the mounting stalk. You just pivot the "truck" side up, then pivot the "mirror" side so you can see out the back window. Easy-peasy.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And while we're on the topic of "things you didn't know you didn't know..." I was driving our Maverick late one afternoon with my wife, and the sun was coming through the side window, basically blinding me. I reached up, grasped the sun visor, and pulled it out of the right-hand bracket so I could pivot it to the side window so as to block the sun.

My wife looked at me like I was nuts, and said "Why did you do that? Now you've broken it!" She never realized that they are made to do this, so you can also block the sun from the side windows... (We've had at least a 1/2 dozen cars that had this feature...) 🙄
Jim, I would be careful and make sure she does NOT see this post. You are asking for it. Just tell her you just figured that out as well and she will be ok. Would hate to have you post from the hospital. LOL.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mirror adjust confirmed(what a few on this post said) able to adjust the rear view mirror up and problem solved! Thanks all, its just a matter of pushing it up and realigning!
Moved mine up today, and it does make a big difference.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

• EDIT: Not having keyless entry and keyless ignition sucks coming from it in previous vehicle.

20230317_120010.jpg

20230317_192946.jpg

20230318_142411.jpg

20230318_145231.jpg

20230318_150915.jpg

Rad bike!! 🚵‍♂️

Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Rick - Thank you for your observations. I have a hybrid on order, meanwhile I am happy with my 2.0 EB. I agree with your observations, particularly the quirky door pulls. Suggestion: Are you aware the tilt of the tailgate can be adjusted by moving the cable to the other notch? Reason I mention this is I can get my mountain bikes with front tire attached into the bed. The tilted tailgate plus bungies attached to the standard bed tiedowns hold the bike in place. It does not feel tail heavy. You do sacrifice the backup camera's view.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
    True that, but I kind of like the general idea
    Should have bought a Lariet

• After driving for a few months in rainy Washington I think auto rain-sensing windshield wipers are my second biggest disappointment. #1 on my list is, and always will be, the horrible, discussing stupid, idiotic, totally manual rear view mirror. If KIA can sell the Auto Dim, Homelink part with a bguiolt in compass for $13 why in the world would the owner of a top of the line, Lariet, Lux, Maverick be expected to deal with flipper lever RV mirror? That's just stupid.

OP
OP
MRickDetroit

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey yes I am aware of the tail gate, thanks for the info though! I personally prefer the ease use of hitch rack. It's served me well for about 6 yeas so far! It also covers the backup camera though haha no loss I keep forgetting to use it.

Hi Rick - Thank you for your observations. I have a hybrid on order, meanwhile I am happy with my 2.0 EB. I agree with your observations, particularly the quirky door pulls. Suggestion: Are you aware the tilt of the tailgate can be adjusted by moving the cable to the other notch? Reason I mention this is I can get my mountain bikes with front tire attached into the bed. The tilted tailgate plus bungies attached to the standard bed tiedowns hold the bike in place. It does not feel tail heavy. You do sacrifice the backup camera's view.

OP
OP
MRickDetroit

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I've been lucky? enough to need the wipers a lot lately lol, and that was also something I wish I had. The auto sensing wipers on my other car were taken for granted lol as was the auto dimming mirror!! The previous car also had a tinted rear window(SUV) so I bet that also helped.

• After driving for a few months in rainy Washington I think auto rain-sensing windshield wipers are my second biggest disappointment. #1 on my list is, and always will be, the horrible, discussing stupid, idiotic, totally manual rear view mirror. If KIA can sell the Auto Dim, Homelink part with a bguiolt in compass for $13 why in the world would the owner of a top of the line, Lariet, Lux, Maverick be expected to deal with flipper lever RV mirror? That's just stupid.

SLingbarT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Cactus Gray Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20230317_120010.jpg

20230317_192946.jpg

20230318_142411.jpg

20230318_145231.jpg

20230318_150915.jpg
I just got the Lariat Lux and the seat/steering wheel heaters do work great! the B/O Stereo does sound very good, but there is no Sub woofer adjustment, shame, so the base does not hit nearly as hard as it could.
Sponsored