Sponsored

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
naw, the long bed will pull double duty for work & winter camping /winter storm chasing. Most 5' bed tacos I see in Colorado are empty. Dead space. Just get a 4Runner instead and keep the dog(s) in the cabin.
I hear ya. Many people agree with you. A 4Runner would work but they have that “I’m late picking the kid up from karate” look 😁. Maybe the new one though…I’d love a shorter wheelbase than what’s on the 2024 5’ bed Tacos. I have a hermit crab; no dogs anymore. Sounds like you have fun in your Tacoma!

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
5’ bed crew cabs are goofy looking. For those worried about break over angle there should be a regular cab or extended cab off roader with 5’ bed.
I actually don't understand why people get 6ft beds on a mid-sized truck. Get a full-size if you need the 6ft bed frequently, get a trailer or a bed extender if you'll need a longer bed occasionally. The whole point of the mid-sized is improved maneuverability and a better driving experience than a big, clumsy full-size. The 6ft just introduces some of the awkward size and clumsiness into a vehicle that is otherwise fun to drive.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I actually don't understand why people get 6ft beds on a mid-sized truck. Get a full-size if you need the 6ft bed frequently, get a trailer or a bed extender if you'll need a longer bed occasionally. The whole point of the mid-sized is improved maneuverability and a better driving experience than a big, clumsy full-size. The 6ft just introduces some of the awkward size and clumsiness into a vehicle that is otherwise fun to drive.
I understand why people get a crew cab on mid sized truck with a 6’ bed. Trucks have grown in size so much and full size truck’s have also. It make sense to have a reasonable sized truck with a useful size bed.
The whole point of the mid sized truck was a smaller truck. That has long been left behind as people put cab space ahead of a useful bed. The over sized cab with a little bed added introduced the awkward looks. This was exaggerated as the mid size trucks got bigger. It’s basically an SUV but with a little bed tacked on so it’s a “truck”.
A gen1 four door cab from the early 2000’s with the small bed looked better balanced. But for people that wanted big cabs and still say they drove a truck the 5’ bed makes sense.
The next craze will be bigger cab space and 4.5’ beds.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
LMFAO ...No. The whole point of a mid sized rig is the width, GVW, fuel economy/range esp with these new engines on the horizon. Mid size rigs are ideal if you don't tow horses, caravans or heavy equipment on a regular. Toyota used to offer an 8' bed on the Taco. I didn't know griping about 12" was a thing. I think They're all fun to drive.

I own a fullize truck they suck fuel, oil, & parking spots, burn through brakes, U-joints, the list goes on. I don't do amateur hour bed extenders. I love the photos of soccer balls & beach balls loaded in the back of those.

Besides...the TH is a mini Tundra. Can we even call it a midsize anymore. Toyota should develop a true heritage compact like these guys. I bet this is fun to drive too. Put some 35s on it and throw shade on every taco owner who drives a 5'er LOL
2024 Tacoma New informative video from Toyota: 2024 Tacoma is the Ultimate Off-Roading Vehicle TELO_MT1_teaser
Sponsored