New Here (Looking for Advice)

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I do not have any recommendations, as it sounds like that's a good setup for what you're intending to do. However, XL orders have been cut off for MY24 as of mid-October, so you'll be waiting on the refresh for now either way unless you're looking to upgrade to XLT or Lariat. You might be able to shop around in a few months and find a dealer that is getting dealer stock, though I don't know how many XLs will be readily availalbe even then.
Agreed, it's a solid build and within the OPs use case and budget.

@mpdescha Check out this thread and see if there are any recommended dealers in your area.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/updated-list-of-dealerships-good-bad-warning.31664/
Sponsored

MAVRICKDAVE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi all! I've been lurking for quite a while but decided to register and hopefully get some feedback from you all about the Maverick.

I'm planning on ordering a 2.0 AWD XL (Hot Pepper Red) with the 360 and 4k tow. Primary use case is as somewhat of an outdoors vehicle. Plan to tow a small boat (17 ' skiff) and haul stuff for hunting. Always plan to eventually install a lift and better tires to take it out on the NC beaches for some surf fishing.

My question for you all is, is there anything else you would recommend adding to this build from the factory? I understand a lot of the accessories can be added after the fact, but wondering if there are those that cannot (e.g., the locking bed rails).

I'm not currently in a rush to buy, so I'm also wondering if it makes sense to wait for a refresh and see what is offered then? Last question- if anyone know of a non-slimy dealer near Raleigh, NC I would greatly appreciate the suggestion!

Thank you!

Mack
Sounds like you know what to do ... BUT... This is a personal taste .. the red paint and light blue door panels look bad to me on the inside and in the back seat area you see the red paint up in both corners.. Why i went Oxford White and Atlas blue.. The Cyber orange worked ok but it isn't a choice anymore i think.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The best Ford dealer in the RDU area is Leith Ford in Wendell. Someone started a thread about them a week ago, I bought my XLT FX4 from them a month ago, great experience, I was able to get X-plan pricing on a stock unit without any dealer installed crap, that says a lot about a dealer. I'll throw my hat in the ring about which model, if you really plan on driving on the beach then I would agree with a couple of the other guys that said the Tremor would be the best choice with a FX4 as a minimum. I've driven many a sandy beach in NC in my Bronco and actually would never consider it in the FX4. I've seen to many AWD SUV's stuck in the sand, people tend to equate AWD and 4WD as the same thing which they are not and sand can be especially hard to drive on. The Tremor like the Bronco Sport Badlands has a fairly sophisticated AWD drive system that can mimic a rear locker which I think would give you a fair chance in the sand. I was at a Bronco event at Fort Fisher where one person brought a Bronco Sport Big Bend which probably uses the same AWD system the standard Mavericks use, and you guessed it, the poor guy got stuck. If you are driving on compacted sand then no problem, you could drive a Honda Civic on it but compacted sand can very quickly turn to loose sand. They don't post those signs at the beach saying 4WD only for nothing.
Since you are going to spend money getting new tires and lift anyway why not move up to the XLT Tremor? You will probably get built much faster. Of course I understand it's easy to spend other people's money. 😁

WildGrok

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the full size spare comes with the towing package

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you’re not in a rush, wait for a 2025. XL is a long wait anyway. If the waiting becomes longer than you like, lots of the higher trim levels will be hitting dealers later in 2024. I wouldn’t be surprised to see rebates on Tremors if they build to projected capacity and demand stays as low as it is for that package.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not have any recommendations, as it sounds like that's a good setup for what you're intending to do. However, XL orders have been cut off for MY24 as of mid-October, so you'll be waiting on the refresh for now either way unless you're looking to upgrade to XLT or Lariat. You might be able to shop around in a few months and find a dealer that is getting dealer stock, though I don't know how many XLs will be readily availalbe even then.
Who says XL orders have been cut off? It's not listed on Ford's scheduling sheet as balanced out. If people don't quit ordering them they will reach expected capacity for the year in a couple of months but I haven't seen an official announcement from Ford.

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all! I've been lurking for quite a while but decided to register and hopefully get some feedback from you all about the Maverick.

I'm planning on ordering a 2.0 AWD XL (Hot Pepper Red) with the 360 and 4k tow. Primary use case is as somewhat of an outdoors vehicle. Plan to tow a small boat (17 ' skiff) and haul stuff for hunting. Always plan to eventually install a lift and better tires to take it out on the NC beaches for some surf fishing.

My question for you all is, is there anything else you would recommend adding to this build from the factory? I understand a lot of the accessories can be added after the fact, but wondering if there are those that cannot (e.g., the locking bed rails).

I'm not currently in a rush to buy, so I'm also wondering if it makes sense to wait for a refresh and see what is offered then? Last question- if anyone know of a non-slimy dealer near Raleigh, NC I would greatly appreciate the suggestion!

Thank you!

Mack
When the maverick first came out what intrigued me was the 20 grand purchase price. So I was going to order the xl. After researching I opted for an XLT,and my dealer mentioned the lux pkg,which I thought I didn't need. My wife talked me into it and I'm very glad she did! You only live once,treat yourself 😊

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've spent some on on the NC coast - I would not want to be out on the beach, nor would I want to be on a boat ramp - without a rear locker.

And there is going to be a chorus of folks to chime in and say I'm wrong, and 90-95% of the time they might be right - but nobody misses a rear locker (or added capability) until you need it.

If you're really only going to be towing the skiff and relatively short distances - I would still recommend a Tremor from the factory with the lift and rear locker - and then I would add an after market trailer brake controller and 7-pin wiring harness vs. going with a 4K pkg and adding a lift and tires.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck!!!!
Really if you arent towing up in the mountains. I think you could fudge the Tremors towing capacity a good bit, 3000 would be a reasonable limit in the flatlands. Part of it is the smaller radiator but part of it is also the softer rear springs. Air bags or the FlatOut budget kit would rectify that situation.
Sponsored