surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine have been great, also. Handled very wet freeways today with ease.

One caveat, for anyone with winter weather that doesn't want a separate set of snows - these are not 3peak mountain snow rated. For that, I'd recommend looking into Nokian Outpost APT.
Sponsored

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those of you wanting more information:

The gist of it is the Crosscontact ATR is the winner in terms of data, and subjectively his favorite on test. He does the best tire reviewing in my opinion, and interestingly, some of his findings oppose Tire Racks testing. In the same test, he also praises the Destination AT2 and that's the tire I might go with. It's also eye opening about the BFG Trail Terrains. I had my suspicions just looking at the tread that they would suffer in the wet, and his test showed that. I didn't focus in on the wet handling so much, because the slowest tires understeered at the limit, which is fine, but the wet braking on the very popular Toyo and the BFG were terrible. And that's unacceptable.

TxMike64

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 OB, '11 A4, '33 HR, '22 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The gist of it is the Crosscontact ATR is the winner in terms of data, and subjectively his favorite on test. He does the best tire reviewing in my opinion, and interestingly, some of his findings oppose Tire Racks testing. In the same test, he also praises the Destination AT2 and that's the tire I might go with. It's also eye opening about the BFG Trail Terrains. I had my suspicions just looking at the tread that they would suffer in the wet, and his test showed that. I didn't focus in on the wet handling so much, because the slowest tires understeered at the limit, which is fine, but the wet braking on the very popular Toyo and the BFG were terrible. And that's unacceptable.
Just FYI - he reviews the Continental TERRAIN Contact AT, not the CROSS Contact ATR. These are different tires. Though I would say that there's probably some carryover due to general Continental design methodologies and performance characteristics.

Last edited:

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just FYI - he reviews the Continental TERRAIN Contact AT, not the CROSS Contact ATR. These are different tires. Though I would say that there's probably some carryover due to general Continental design methodologies and performance characteristics.
Ah my mistake. The tread design is so similar I didn't even notice. Well I hope the video helps some people regardless.
Sponsored