First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have any insight as to how the new material will perform vs a steel spacer? Better or worse than their original spacer? I cant seem to find anyone that has installed this version yet and I don't particularly want to be the first.
Ford Maverick New Composite Rough Country 1" Level Kit 1664397263383
Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
These are cheaper to manufacture but the time for tooling setup and production of these composite spacers probably forced them to make the welded, metal assemblies to get the product out there. Assuming geometry is all the same, the metal spacers were probably quicker and easier to bring to market, but the composite spacer was likely in the works the entire time as well.

Main advantages to the composite over metal spacers are looks (IMO they look better), composite should have good weather/chemical resistance and will not rust, also may ride slightly better compared to a metal equivalent.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally I'd go for steel spacers regardless of the cost of the composite ones. I put 2" steel spacers in my pickup the day after I bought it almost 12 years ago. Zero problems in all that time. Took them out last week because my struts were shot and I just went ahead and bought full leveling struts. I'll save the spacers Incase I ever run into a low mile Dodge of the same vintage for a steal.

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I recently had the composites installed on my hybrid. I've only got the stock suspension to compare to, but I like it so far.

Ford Maverick New Composite Rough Country 1" Level Kit PXL_20230315_223853679~2

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I recently had the composites installed on my hybrid. I've only got the stock suspension to compare to, but I like it so far.

PXL_20230315_223853679~2.jpg
Big improvement in the way it looks, makes it look more like a truck. Having seen the welds on the metal kit they sold I'd go for the composite level kit all day. I have used the same set of composite rhino ramps for at least 15 years now and they have held up amazingly well.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

PXL_20230315_223853679~2.jpg
It looks awesome! Do you notice any difference in the ride quality? Also did you have an alignment done on the truck after installation? If so, was it off by much?
Sorry, I just was assigned a build date, so I need to start planning my truck. Thank You

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It looks awesome! Do you notice any difference in the ride quality? Also did you have an alignment done on the truck after installation? If so, was it off by much?
Sorry, I just was assigned a build date, so I need to start planning my truck. Thank You
Thank you! I don't notice a difference in the ride, but I'm not as aware of what to look for as some others out there. I did get the alignment done at the same time. I did not get the angle of the headlights adjusted, and I've noticed that street signs are better lit and that people are more willing to move out of my way 😂
Sponsored