First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Cyber Orange FX4 Lariat, with fully blacked out emblems/ovals. No chrome remaining. However, the bright silver Lariat grille bar is driving me bonkers. I got 2 quotes to paint it. One shop quoted $600 for one color, $800 for two. The other quoted $800 for one color and would not do 2 colors. I was split on painting Cyber Orange or Black. 50/50 to me. But $600-$800 is very pricey just for a painted grille bar.

So I got the bright idea to just order a black XL grille bar from parts.ford.com. I think I can live with just the black color, and then just sell my Lariat silver one to help offset the cost. However, Ford's listings of all the Maverick grille parts are not clear. And there are no pictures.

I think that Part #8200C is the Carbon Black grille bar. Doing part number searches on Google, or diagrams has yielded nothing.

Anyone know for certain what the part number is for the XL grille bar? I would like to order it today or tomorrow while it's marked $70 below MSRP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

🤞

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar mavmodblkbar-

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar mavmodblkcarsylwstripe-

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar mavmodylwbarblkstrp-

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar mavmodylwbarylwstrp-
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Find someone here who is willing to trade.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Find someone here who is willing to trade.
I considered that. But would prefer to just sell it afterward. I am pretty concerned I may damage the one I take out.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think you can swap, the lariat bar is a separate part, but on the others it’s part of the grill. Check out mr. booms video it shows the difference I believe.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think you can swap, the lariat bar is a separate part, but on the others it’s part of the grill. Check out mr. booms video it shows the difference I believe.
Bummer. I may have to paint then. Because I can't change to a full XL grille because of ACC. For some reason I thought he said the grille bar was removable when he took it apart. I will go back and check it out.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bummer. I may have to paint then. Because I can't change to a full XL grille because of ACC. For some reason I thought he said the grille bar was removable when he took it apart. I will go back and check it out.
On the XLT and Lariat it is. On XL the bar/grille are one piece.

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
I plan to black out my Lariat grill bar as well. Seems easy enough to do with some sand paper and a rattle can for less than like $40. Or Plastidip so that it's reversible. Real question is, matte or gloss? :)

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to black out my Lariat grill bar as well. Seems easy enough to do with some sand paper and a rattle can for less than like $40. Or Plastidip so that it's reversible. Real question is, matte or gloss? :)
The standard black trim throughout is kinda satin. You could go either way. Probably should make it as close to the grill black as possible, or you would need to completely contrast.

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
The standard black trim throughout is kinda satin. You could go either way. Probably should make it as close to the grill black as possible, or you would need to completely contrast.
So I was kind of leaning towards gloss. Get some gloss black rims and paint the side mirror caps gloss black as well. And replace Ford emblem with their smoke chrome/black one.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I was kind of leaning towards gloss. Get some gloss black rims and paint the side mirror caps gloss black as well. And replace Ford emblem with their smoke chrome/black one.
That should look pretty trick!

Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can paint it yourself there are few companies that will color match your paint and put it in a spray can for you. They also sell a 2 part clear on a spray can, will cost you about 60 bucks

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Cyber Orange FX4 Lariat, with fully blacked out emblems/ovals. No chrome remaining. However, the bright silver Lariat grille bar is driving me bonkers. I got 2 quotes to paint it. One shop quoted $600 for one color, $800 for two. The other quoted $800 for one color and would not do 2 colors. I was split on painting Cyber Orange or Black. 50/50 to me. But $600-$800 is very pricey just for a painted grille bar.

So I got the bright idea to just order a black XL grille bar from parts.ford.com. I think I can live with just the black color, and then just sell my Lariat silver one to help offset the cost. However, Ford's listings of all the Maverick grille parts are not clear. And there are no pictures.

I think that Part #8200C is the Carbon Black grille bar. Doing part number searches on Google, or diagrams has yielded nothing.

Anyone know for certain what the part number is for the XL grille bar? I would like to order it today or tomorrow while it's marked $70 below MSRP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

🤞

mavmodblkbar-jpg.jpg

mavmodblkcarsylwstripe-jpg.jpg

mavmodylwbarblkstrp-jpg.jpg

mavmodylwbarylwstrp-jpg.jpg
...am wondering if you happened to see the cool aftermarket Lariat headlight housings in black rather than chrome? Another guy on here posted all the details, photos, pricing, etc. You should check it out. I think it would really look outstanding with your "grille-plan" regardless of which combo you end up going with.

🤞

mavmodblkbar-jpg.jpg

mavmodblkcarsylwstripe-jpg.jpg

mavmodylwbarblkstrp-jpg.jpg

mavmodylwbarylwstrp-jpg.jpg

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mavey

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
Are those orange tow loops in the fog lamps openings aftermarket? Or maybe only top trims come with them, because my XL does not have them, just a solid bumper. Just curious. Thanks

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are those orange tow loops in the fog lamps openings aftermarket? Or maybe only top trims come with them, because my XL does not have them, just a solid bumper. Just curious. Thanks
I hand painted mine to match. I primered them using a yellow primer. Then used the three coat Cyber Orange paint on top. Base orange, metallic orange, clear coat.
Sponsored