Sponsored

Need Help! Picked up my Maverick today but dealer wants me to pay for dealer installed options after bringing home

bluesteel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a BS use of the criminal justice system to resolve a clear civil issue by dealer. But from police perspective, until the registration transfer is complete its hard to sort out who is right and wrong. Contract paperwork can be forged, payments can not clear, financing fall through. It's not the police job to wade through that. They had credible information that a potential crime was committed and acted on it.

Now being arrested and thrown in holding vs. going down to station to answer questions may be the difference in how the person reacted when the police stopped them...
I hope some party took some kind of action against the dealer for it, though!
Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is good stuff everyone. Yes, I ordered those options and the total inclusive price was $25,800 at that time. I paid $27k when I got it and they did not list those options when selling me the vehicle. At no point did I have a good feeling about this dealer (new to the area in 2021, this was the closest dealer), and they had my Maverick and I obviously wanted it after 17 months of waiting.

I'm upset at passing the buck to the Ford Company, I was very upset at the time of sale and made it known. I drove home after signing the contract.

This is where I currently stand.

I appreciate everyone's perspectives.
Have you contacted Ford Customer Care about your missing offer? I haven't read the Ford response in this thread (except for the dealers response). The scenario with the private offer carry-over was not an obscure situation - it was well publicized and newsworthy so it seems ridiculous that a dealer would feign ignorance. Frankly, I would've already hired an attorney as the cost would be worth it imho.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you contacted Ford Customer Care about your missing offer? I haven't read the Ford response in this thread (except for the dealers response). The scenario with the private offer carry-over was not an obscure situation - it was well publicized and newsworthy so it seems ridiculous that a dealer would feign ignorance. Frankly, I would've already hired an attorney as the cost would be worth it imho.
I been through this, Ford Customer service will tell you only the dealer can fix it.

But they can check if one exists. When you tell them your dealer won't fix your offer, they'll log it in the system against that dealer. Not sure if it'll do anything but at least let them know.

So I spent days going back and forth with my dealer while my truck was in getting them to figure out how to fix it.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey all, I'm in need of help big time. I ordered my Maverick in October 21, 2021 and just picked it up today. There was no special private offer. No price protection, just the sticker price. I raised the issue to the manager but got nothing.

I took it home and they just called saying they forgot to charge me for the dealer installed options and asked me how I will be paying for those.

I signed the bill of sale. I have it at my house. I'm furious. After 17 months, this is my experience. What the heck?

What are my options?
Ask for the original invoice. I also ordered October 21, 2021 and was converted last year and received my XLT 3 weeks ago. My invoice had the MSRP, options, taxes and dealer fee and not much else. And, that's what I paid.
Ford Maverick Need Help! Picked up my Maverick today but dealer wants me to pay for dealer installed options after bringing home 20230319_164446
Ford Maverick Need Help! Picked up my Maverick today but dealer wants me to pay for dealer installed options after bringing home 20230319_164446

Sponsored

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, many have reported getting a check either directly from Ford, or from their dealer roughly 6 weeks later. I suspect the dealers that are doing things this way are in a financial bind, and can't afford to have even a few thousand dollars hanging in the wind waiting on the 6 week turn-around from Ford, so they put the burden on the customer.

Really? Is that so? Gosh, I really hope that might be the case. I don't want to have to engage in a drawn out "battle" with my dealer. Has anyone else seen/read/heard of the Ford checks being sent post-purchase of the Maverick?

Your post has given me cautious optimism...fingers crossed.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Read your purchase contract. It will tell you your rights and the dealers. Might be some flyspeck type on the back that the dealer can demand the extra money.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Really? Is that so? Gosh, I really hope that might be the case. I don't want to have to engage in a drawn out "battle" with my dealer. Has anyone else seen/read/heard of the Ford checks being sent post-purchase of the Maverick?

Your post has given me cautious optimism...fingers crossed.
There definitely have been people on the forum here who have reported getting private offer checks after the purchase. It is definitely doable … as long as you can get the dealer on board to do what he needs to do.

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There definitely have been people on the forum here who have reported getting private offer checks after the purchase. It is definitely doable … as long as you can get the dealer on board to do what he needs to do.
This is relieving to know. I've had so many long customer service discussions over the past 17 months.... I suppose a few more couldn't hurt ☺

My salesman who ended up pushing the deal forward seemed 90% competent and confident that, while he couldn't say with certainty when, he did believe that Ford corporate would in fact send me a check in the amount of $2,750.

I have a signed form with a certification number of my private offer, the program code within Ford's internal system, my name, VIN and the amount of owed. While he was dismissive overall, he did say "do you think I would risk getting sued for something as small as 2,700?"

It was strange that I couldn't get him to sign it, but my finance guy, who was even worse lol did sign the document. The question I have is how that document gets filed. He did give me a copy of the little form we filled out, but how am I to know that that's not the only existing trail? My hope is that there is some sort of internal system that he submitted it to and then gave me my copy as good faith.

We shall see, thanks for your input, if anyone else has any knowledge of Ford actually sending out checks post sale, please let me know, I'd love to gather as many data points as possible.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I
This is relieving to know. I've had so many long customer service discussions over the past 17 months.... I suppose a few more couldn't hurt ☺

My salesman who ended up pushing the deal forward seemed 90% competent and confident that, while he couldn't say with certainty when, he did believe that Ford corporate would in fact send me a check in the amount of $2,750.

I have a signed form with a certification number of my private offer, the program code within Ford's internal system, my name, VIN and the amount of owed. While he was dismissive overall, he did say "do you think I would risk getting sued for something as small as 2,700?"

It was strange that I couldn't get him to sign it, but my finance guy, who was even worse lol did sign the document. The question I have is how that document gets filed. He did give me a copy of the little form we filled out, but how am I to know that that's not the only existing trail? My hope is that there is some sort of internal system that he submitted it to and then gave me my copy as good faith.

We shall see, thanks for your input, if anyone else has any knowledge of Ford actually sending out checks post sale, please let me know, I'd love to gather as many data points as possible.
If you have a private offer certificate number, you are way ahead of most people who have struggled with this issue.

Ford’s order processing systems are just mind-boggling. I don’t begin to say I understand how they work.

But it is clearly evident that people on this forum know a whole lot more about how this private transition offer business is supposed to work than many dealers do.

Case in point, our dealer was good to work with. We were confident about his willingness to help.

But. He just didn’t really know anything about the private offer, or how to get it.

I outlined it for him a number of times. Apparently ours wasn’t showing up because someone spelled our last name slightly differently between our MY22 order and our MY23 order. (It was a space that was in the name one time, but not the other.)

Anyway — I’d explained this to him a couple of times. But still, he called us all triumphant once, saying he figured out that all he needed was our private offer certificate number, so if we could just look in our email and find the email from Ford that had it … then everything would be fine.

This was AfTER I had already made it clear (I thought…) that the problem was that we never received that certificate number.

And this was working with a sales manager who was trying to help … Can’t imagine the frustrations trying to deal with dealer people who are fighting you all the way …

Last edited:
Sponsored

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
iffff what you’re saying is accurate., tell them to go on a honeymoon alone

Steve Jones

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, for your private offer try calling FORD Marketing. They provided my Private Offer Certificate number. The person I spoke with was super helpful. Call 800-334-4375. Good luck!

ashido67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
b-ry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They teied to add $8000 dealer markup on mine
But since inordered it they had ro take it off

If you signed an agreement and its official.
There is nothing they can do about their bullcrap magic markup fees

You probably have a case to cou ter sue for the problems

Nittany

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all, I'm in need of help big time. I ordered my Maverick in October 21, 2021 and just picked it up today. There was no special private offer. No price protection, just the sticker price. I raised the issue to the manager but got nothing.

I took it home and they just called saying they forgot to charge me for the dealer installed options and asked me how I will be paying for those.

I signed the bill of sale. I have it at my house. I'm furious. After 17 months, this is my experience. What the heck?

What are my options?

I also ordered my XLT in Oct of 21 and picked it up Feb. 3rd of this year. During that 16 month wait, I spoke regularly with the Ford Marketing hotline (800-334-4375) checking on my order status. And all along the way they told me that I would get the private offer (I think it was around $2,740). But to get it I had to provide my dealership with the Private Offer code, which they gave me. So when my Maverick arrived, I gave the dealership my PO code, and they then applied that credit to my final invoice. So, I would recommend you call the above 800 number and ask them if you were supposed to get the Private Offer, and if so, ask them for the code. And if they say you don't qualify for, ask them why. I actually have no idea what the qualifications were, but since you ordered in the same month I did back in 2021 I would think you should have gotten it.

Hope this helps.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They teied to add $8000 dealer markup on mine
But since inordered it they had ro take it off

If you signed an agreement and its official.
There is nothing they can do about their bullcrap magic markup fees

You probably have a case to cou ter sue for the problems
This isn't what happened. The issue is dealer installed items that the OP asked for, but these added items aren't listed in the final sales agreement. So technically OP has no way of establishing they are in the purchase price agreed to. Right now seems like dealer has the upper hand here IMO.
Sponsored